• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I don't see Young Link returning. He seems to just be the cel shaded crap form thay stick on handheld Zelda games now. Ganondorf is definately return and will definately be getting his own moveset, with a sword and magic.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
First off, don't be bashing on my character picks Chi! PHOOEY!

Second, the reason for the impressive list of Celda games for portables was due to the fact that Wind Waker kicked a**.

Granted, he doesn't have the greatest odds, but if he does come back, it's in Celda form, since that's his official look now.

And I don't know what ya sayin Shadenexus, I like the cel-shading

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I didn't like the cel shading. It worked alright after a while in WW, though. It just made me feeling more pissed off at Nintendo for targeting gamers under 11. I know they stcuck Mr. G&W in Melee, but there's not way they're stick a Cel Shaded Link.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
There are way tighter Alter egos of Link out there. (Fierce Deity Link & Dark Link) Why let Nintendo put there time & effort to put WW Link in the game, huh?

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
To get this thread back on topic, out of the five newcomers, who are you going to try and main? I'm gonna try and main Snake and Pit, because thay seem to have really good attacks from the trailers.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
snake looks wayyyyy to slow to do fight, his attacks tremendosly slow, and could easily be countered, i'll prolly be maining Zamus.

TRUE!

Smash Cadet
To get this thread back on topic, out of the five newcomers, who are you going to try and main? I'm gonna try and main Snake and Pit, because thay seem to have really good attacks from the trailers.
i'd like to try out pit because he seems to have good projectiles and melee attacks....and i have to use wario since he's my favorite character from the mario franchise.

As for zero suit samus.....i'd probably just stick to normal samus cus surely Zamus can't lay bombs

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
I'm staying with Link as I said.

And I am also going to try out Pit and Snake just to see how they play. Maybe metaknight too because he looks pretty awesome. I may try out the new Fox as well.

But Link remains my lead character.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Chuck Norris should be in Brawl. He could break them rules.
~Tera253~
EDIT: With that said and done, the C. Falcon rumor is BS.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
I must say that it is funny.

But has no relation to this at all.

And that is nowhere near a character who would get in.

So its clearly against what this thread said NOT TO DO.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It doesn't need to.

It doesn't matter if he's had a recent game or not. When was the last time a Kid Icarus game came out? Oh yeah, 1990.

Besides the gap between GX and Brawl is only 4 years. Same gap between Star Fox 64 and Melee. Plus, it did have a cartoon series.

Really, there is no good reason to remove Captain Falcon. None.
All I was getting at was that there is a difference between old and retro. If a character hasn't had a game in 15 years, he's retro and therefore cool. If a character doesn't have a game in like 5 or 6 years, than that character doesn't have the same feel. Maybe your right and it doesn't matter.

icymatt

Smash Lord
All I was getting at was that there is a difference between old and retro. If a character hasn't had a game in 15 years, he's retro and therefore cool. If a character doesn't have a game in like 5 or 6 years, than that character doesn't have the same feel. Maybe your right and it doesn't matter.
Pit didn't get in because he's 'retro'. Pit got in because Kid Icarus has a monstrous cult following.

Besides, it's only been 4 years since the last F-Zero game (3 if you count the cartoon spin-offs). Melee is older.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Pit didn't get in because he's 'retro'. Pit got in because Kid Icarus has a monstrous cult following.

Besides, it's only been 4 years since the last F-Zero game (3 if you count the cartoon spin-offs). Melee is older.
I didn't mean that F-Zero was 5-6 years old, I ment that 5 or 6 years is what I would consider old. You say that the series is only 3 years old? Than Falcon will diffinately get in.

I tried PMing Scav a little while ago to see if I could convince him to update the first post so people will stop reminding us. If he doesn't respond, everyone else should bug him until he does.;)

T-major

Smash Champion
i'd like to try out pit because he seems to have good projectiles and melee attacks....and i have to use wario since he's my favorite character from the mario franchise.

As for zero suit samus.....i'd probably just stick to normal samus cus surely Zamus can't lay bombs
Samus is Zamus. they are the same character, Samus turns into Zamus when certant conditions are met (like high damage or something). meaning using regular Samus would technicaly mean your using Zamus as well.

as for what characters I would use... well I can't say, they arn't all revealed yet. but as of now, I will be trying out;
(in order of which character I will try first)
  • Metaknight: he looks cool, and has turbo slashes. I personaly wanted him to be in melee, and now that he's in Brawl, I can't wait to try him out! he also seems to be the closest thing to a samurai character that I'm going to get (Samurai = high speed sword attacks)
  • Wario: it's Wario. why not use him. he seems like he would be one of those goofy characters, which I find awsome.
  • Pit: so far he looks like he would have cool moves. we havn't seen his arrows used in battle yet, but his melee combat looks cool, and the swiching between the two weapon froms might add new elements into SSB. why is he number 3? because I've never played Kid Icurus, so his character really dosn't apeal to me.
those are the new characters I'm mainly interested in at the moment. this will most likely change when more characters are revealed, bat as of now, Metaknight FTW!!!

Sensai

Smash Master
icymatt said:
It doesn't matter if he's had a recent game or not. When was the last time a Kid Icarus game came out? Oh yeah, 1990.
You forgot the gameboy game...I dunno what it's called, but it's there. (/tears up) God dammit, it's there. Just like the 3rd Baldwin brother that isn't in any movies...he's a Baldwin, dammit, and I still love him!

Ever since I saw the mario kart stage, I don't think Falcon is coming back...It kinda makes sence if you think about it because there is no F-Zero game annouced for Wii and by majority he isn't the most popular character....it sux though, cuz he was origional and I liked the way they made his fighting style.
Such a dumb arguement, no offense. Whoever originally came up with this (it's all over the boards) should be put to death, seriously.

a) Do you really think that all the games that are going to be released on the Wii have been announced? No, obviously not. Matt Cassamassina said he'll be playing a game from a huge developer next month that none of us even know exists.
b) Falcon can have other stages, believe it or not. He actually had TWO in Melee, only one of which resembles the Kart one.
c) Did he have one in the first Smash?
d) By this point, he popularity outside of Smash is moot; he's a God for Smash players. Kicking him out would piss so many Smashers off...

As to Young Link...I wouldn't be surprised if he was axed for WW Link, or just axed all together. As far as I'm concerned, cel-shaded Link would be **** cool, kinda like G/W when he is metal (it looks cool, admit it). He's got my vote.

My new main when Brawl comes out?

Ganon (assuming he's, y'know, Ganon, with the sword and such).
Metaknight (LOOK AT HIM FOR GOD SAKES!).
Fox (if he pistol whips).

[Edit:]

And those Chuck Norris jokes were old before they started. They're not funny, they never were funny. It seems like something 13 year olds say to gain attention when older people are talking.

People who do Norris jokes are those same idiots who say 'git-r-dun' and 'Rick James, *****!' They need to fall off a cliff.

[Edit 2:]

Wow, I sound like a jerk. I didn't mean it NEARLY as rude as it reads, I promise. <3<3

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I agree with Sensai regarding those people who started that stupid C. Falcon rumour. Nintendo was never one to announce all their big games right away, F-Zero will go to the Wii one day and C. Falcon should logically be in SSBB. He was an original so why the hell drop him?

Regarding who I'll use its a bit early to tell, but I'm leaning towards Zamus, Metaknight and Snake so far. Zamus being most likely.

Sensai

Smash Master
For the record, I'm still against 3rd party characters being in, as much as I love the idea of Sonic and Mario going at it.

(Here that, Nintendo? Sensai himself doesn't like it, so take it out!)

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
sakurai himself stated that theres not guarantee that any of the OG SSBM/SSB characters would be in brawl...theres still a chance C.Faclon wont make it.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
its impossible for any characters from the original ssb to be removed (maybe except jigglypuff because she isnt popular anymore in pokemon, not that i want her to leave). anyway, im pretty sure there is going to be a new f zero game on the DS. there will be a f zero game on the wii some day but the wii has just been released so there is no way to tell when. besides, c falcon is extremely popular in and out of ssb. the f zero franchise is great, one of my favourite franchises and i am positive it wont be removed.

Tera253

Smash Ace
if Tera recalls correctly, Jigglypuff is Japan's favorite Pokemon, just like Pikachu is America's . that's the reason she made SSB64. If the Japanese continuted putting their thoughts into the game, (like they did with Marth and Roy) Jiggs will return. Tera thinks that if anyone is taken out, (keyword: IF) it will be characters from the Melee roster, particularly clones like Roy and young Link.
~Tera253~

Sensai

Smash Master
Roy will definitely be removed, if they remove anyone. Placing him in the game was just advertising.

And Japan obviously still loves Pokemon. Look at how well the 2 new ones are doing.

T-major

Smash Champion
For the record, I'm still against 3rd party characters being in, as much as I love the idea of Sonic and Mario going at it.

(Here that, Nintendo? Sensai himself doesn't like it, so take it out!)
I still don't see how third party characters are a bad thing. I mean sure, Snake dosn't have that much to do with nintendo, so he shouldn't be in. Sonic has absolutly nothing to do with Nintendo, so he dosn't deserve to be in. Ican understand why people would be against certant third party characters, but characters from games that have major history with Nintendo need to be in. Like Castlevainia! we need, I reapeat, NEED Castlevainia to be represented in Brawl!! period! no questions asked! Simon Belmont for the win!!!!

Sensai said:
Roy will definitely be removed, if they remove anyone. Placing him in the game was just advertising.

And Japan obviously still loves Pokemon. Look at how well the 2 new ones are doing.
Roy has no reason to be removed. contrary to popular belief, Roy's game (FE6) marks the revival of the FE franchise. Fire Emblem was considered dead before FE6 came out. it got people interested in it again, and ultametly saved the franchise. which is pretty darn important to the FE games if you sak me! his game needs to be represented, and Roy is the only one who can do that.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Couple things to say here.

First off, whoever came up with APA style, and just the whole system of reporting statistical data used in psychological journals, sucks at life. I've been at this for three and a half years now, and its STILL a pain to sift through.

Equally off topic, Sensai, you consistently make me laugh. Props. (And yes, consistent 3rd party representation in a Smash Bros. game IS a sign of the apocalypse)

Tera, you also make me laugh, but in a different way. More of a talking-in-third-person-sounds-ridiculous sort of way. However, you do make a good point. There's no point in removing the sole representation of the F-Zero series, especially considering that he's a first generation character, when there are many newer, less necessary characters to be tossed out. I think the rumors about C. Falcon being ousted can end here and now.

I had more to say, but its gone now. Perhaps it will come to me...

Andy

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
I agree, C. Falcon has no reason to be removed, and neither does Roy.

And with this whole because Roy is the clone deal, how do you figure, in FE Roy was the more main character, Marth was the clone, he just performed better.

I could be wrong, but theres no proof in the Roy/Marth case as to who is the clone and who is true.

Anyways, Jiggs should not be removed either, she has become very popular in smash, dunno how you people dont see that. REST FOR GAWDS SAKE!

anyways, yeah its getting annoying seeing people using rumors, which have NO 100% FACTUAL INFORMATION BEHIND THEM be used as arguments.

Its just annoying. I also agree in not using melee performance as a basis to who gets in brawl, after all you hope they change Gannon, why not keep some of the cool characters and just give them better moves? I would definitely like to see Roy back with a better moveset. Roy looked way better than Marth did.

Oh and actual proof to that point, look at all the changes from SSB64 to SSBM. Yeah.

Sensai

Smash Master
Laugh in a good way, I hope?

T-Major, as to your post, I agree with some things. For example, you say that only characters with significant Nintendo history should be in the game, which I somewhat agree with.

I'd like to broaden it, actually, and say that characters who have big history in video gaming in general. Thus, Sonic stays.

And I'm not making a run at Roy having no game or anything such as that. I'm saying that the only reason that they decided to put Roy in was to advertise FE6. (I think this is right)

Devastlian

Smash Lord

icymatt

Smash Lord
Marth and Roy are both the main characters of their respective games. But there have been many main characters in Fire Emblem series, and many of them are just more popular than Roy.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Samus is Zamus. they are the same character, Samus turns into Zamus when certant conditions are met (like high damage or something). meaning using regular Samus would technicaly mean your using Zamus as well.
That doesn't prove he will be using both of them. People who play melee will often use only Shiek or only Zelda throughout a match or even as a carear. That doesn't mean said person uses both of them, even if they share a character slot.

Of the characters officially confirmed, I would have to pick Wario. He always seemed like a perfect fit for brawl, and I never got over that they didn't include him in melee. Since I am a Samus user, I will try ZSS, but may find I am still attached to the 'origional' character.

I guess I'm still waiting for that one special character to be announced.:ohwell:

Seany C.

Smash Rookie
SSB Brawl Roster Changes
Alas, Mr. Game & Watch, your time is up.
by Dan Dormer, 06/07/2006
112 of 124 users recommend this story.
According to the French-based site LiveWii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl director Masashiro Sakurai commented on Japanese radio's "The Gaming Show" about various changes to the game's roster.

Sakurai announced Bowser Jr., the "Celda" version of Link, and Ridely, the archenemies of Samus, would all be joining the cast of characters for the Wii release.

This makes sense considering Bowser Jr. has had more prominent placement in various Mario sports titles, as well as being his dad's right hand man in New Super Mario Bros., and the "Celda" version of Link was seen on GameCube and now on the Nintendo DS in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Plus, with both Samus and Zero Suit Samus appearaning in SSBB, it makes sense her foe would get a chance to fight back.

We've also, unfortunately, learned of three current characters that will not be returning: The Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link have no home in SSBB. We don't know who exactly will take their place just yet, but Sakurai stated he wants a roster 40 deep, with 1-2 more non-Nintendo characters.
this is marked as quite old (June 2006) but does it have any validity?
I have not seem anything denying this news snippet, despite how old it is.
taken from 1up.

icymatt

Smash Lord
There is no proof supporting it, as we all discovered 6 months ago.

And I think the fact that it was not mentioned at all during the second news influx last month pretty much disproves it completely.

Sensai

Smash Master
Not worth anything, sorry.

And we're not really sure if Samus and Zero Suit Samus (Zamus...pshaw!) will be the same character. We're not sure about anything much about that at all, except that on the official site it says that the original Samus WILL be in the game.

Other then that...nothing.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
Sensai I disagree.

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.
thats an official announcement.

heres the site origin

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

look around people, thats an official one.

Seany C.

Smash Rookie
Well, thanks for clearing that up. I was quite concerned about my favorite climbers being excluded. It felt rumoresque as Ridlely seems like a character that would not confirmed or even semi-confirmed that early.

But, Sensai, I took this from the SMASH BROS. DOJO site:
This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!
To me this seems like solid prove that they are the same character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom