• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Oh no... Now whenever someone makes a pokemon suggestion they're going to be flamed and a bunch of people will go "YOU GOT 7 POKEMON IN BRAWL ALREADY WHY DO YOU WANT MORE?!?!?"
Up to now, we only have 4... Pichu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo aren't confirmed, so we still don't know if they will reappear or not.

Jigglypuff at least is very likely, but still...

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
You think jiggs is unlikely? I don't think that is true. She was in 64 version. I think Pichu will for sure be given the boot and mewtwo has a pretty good chance of an upgrade.

EDIT: Not to mention that Jigglypuff is as popular in Japan as Pikachu is here in the US.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
However, I will retract my previous statement that "Adult" Link is a more accurate depction of Link, and instead say that "Adult" Link is at least as good of a depiction as "Young" Link.

That was the perfect way of saying it. Your reward: Two shiny gold stars! <- Not a joke

In the end, I hope we can at least agree that Link, in all forms and ages, kicks ***.

Already agreed. I don't understand much when it comes to the age debate, sadly. :(

(do we have a source on that though? I missed it if we did), but at that point people had only played him in one game.

Haha. I always talk about that, yet I've never before seen a source neither. Funny thing, how the majority influences the minority, ain't it? Too many people start believing something is true and -insert big bang here- that thing now becomes accepted as truth. Whether or not this thing is, in actuality, correct is still up for interpretation. ((If you had not already guessed; "Yes", I am crazy, which is why The rAt <3 's me. :chuckle: Jp ((Sadly enough for me.))! XD

Regarding the IC's. Bah, you know what I think about the IC's.
You sound JUST like that politician I know...

It's OK, never actually give your opinions. When has it ever been a convenience of this world to be incapable of avoiding responsibility? Baah! I'm just kidding, of course we all know EXACTLY how you feel about the IC's. ^^

Yeah...anyway, I REALLY should get going. Sorry if I double posted. That initial reaction to "Poke'mon Trainer" was intense, but I'm actually quite indecisive about the matter at present. Playing against immature Poke'mon fanatics online for half the day will take its own toll on my patience. Oh well. Like we've all said a hundred times each, "I trust Mr. Sakurai and his team to make the right decisions, to make this game as good as it can possibly be."

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
You think jiggs is unlikely? I don't think that is true. She was in 64 version. I think Pichu will for sure be given the boot and mewtwo has a pretty good chance of an upgrade.

EDIT: Not to mention that Jigglypuff is as popular in Japan as Pikachu is here in the US.
No, I meant that it is very LIKELY that she reappears. I actually agree with all of your predictions.

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
Todays update = WTF
Who the hell saw this comin only pokefans!!!

i rele cant see how they thought he wud b worth a character slot ah well.
they better bring in some kickass character like ridley soon.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something else! What if- theoretically speaking - there's another Trainer character we can use (a female one, maybe) and he/she can use three starters or their evolved forms from another game? Like Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken, perhaps? And then we let the two Trainers fight each other in the Pokémon Stadium Stage with the only item that appears being the Pokéball.

It'll be the ultimate Pokémon experience in Brawl!

I dunno how likely that will be, but it's a nice idea nonetheles, isn't it?

And my predictions about the three Pokémon's moves are:

Squirtle: Water Gun (B), Skull Bash (Sidewards B), Turbo Spin (Up B)

Ivysaur: Razor Leaf (Sidewards B), Vine Whip (Up B), Poison Powder (B)

Charizard: Flamethrower (B), Fly (Up B), Rage (Sidewards B)

And the Final Smash? Three possibilities: Either all 3 Pokémon are attacking at once, or Charizard is doing one of his most powerful attacks, or the Trainer is pulling out a completely different Pokémon, a Legendary, maybe...

I know it's way too early to make such predictions, heck, maybe we'll learn more about their moves by tomorrow...

But it's so much fun to make silly predictions nobody else cares about, right? :grin:
finally the first real new character and hes awesome
and i think that instead of poison powder ivysaur wil use body slam
and charizard wil use metal claw or slash instead of rage
and i think the pokemon that catches the final smash wil use it

like ivysaur wil use solar beam
charizard fire blast or eartqauke from the anime
squirtle wil use hydropump from the anime

and i really hope this becomes a great character he does have the potential for it
charizard is a big character like ganondorf
ivysaur is kinda like mario
and squirtle like pikachu

still one thing puzzles me, there where 4 pokemoncharacters in the game and they al wherent affective or resitant to echoter. but now pikachu is super effective againt squirtle
wil you guys think they will use that in the game

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
that was the biggest suprize when i was looked at the challenger approaching thing i was trying to guess who it was thinking it would be peach, sheik, ganondorf and then i scrolled down and i was like OMG.
but the way this character seems it makes me think will be it be able to be used in tounrs and stuff or will it be banned

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Of all the things I expected, this I did not o_o I'm a bit sceptical about this, but I'm sure it will be interesting. Now at least I can assume that one Pokemon will be cut, otherwise there would be sheer overload on Pokemon in SSBB, at least I have a feeling that one will go.
But it's a great idea although I think there could have been a better character to choose. But since the game isn't released by far yet, I will simply hope for the best.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Well I think it's safe to say no one saw that coming. Still, seems like a pretty freaking awesome idea for a character to me. I bet we'll be seeing some more pokemon stuff this week, like the official announcement of the Stadium perhaps.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Well what can you expect, Mario is Nintendo's highest selling franchise, and it had 7 representors in Melee. Pokemon is a highly succesful franchise and all together we might be looking at 7 (Counting Mewtwo and Pichu, though doubtful) representors aswell. But a more accurite guess would be 5. (Pikachu, Squritle, Charizard, Ivysaur, Jiggs) Now if only we could get a few more Zelda reps... (Link Zelda Sheik Ganondorf Ganon) But thats just wishful thinking.

Ninja99

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Trainer, as a character concept, is utter brilliance. What a novel way to introduce freshness to a character roster that, though diverse, has been fairly straightforward up until this point. I cannot wait to play this character.

Now all Sakurai needs to do is reveal Ganondorf with the sword from his SSBM winning animation and my joy will be complete.

-Ninja

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Of all the things I expected, this I did not o_o I'm a bit sceptical about this, but I'm sure it will be interesting. Now at least I can assume that one Pokemon will be cut, otherwise there would be sheer overload on Pokemon in SSBB, at least I have a feeling that one will go.
But it's a great idea although I think there could have been a better character to choose. But since the game isn't released by far yet, I will simply hope for the best.
There was ever a doubt in your mind that Pichu was getting cut?

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
This is a great update, but it leaves me with one question.

Kirby Hat for Pokemon trainer? Does Kirby go into the background? Doeas he get the Pokemon?

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
This is a great update, but it leaves me with one question.

Kirby Hat for Pokemon trainer? Does Kirby go into the background? Doeas he get the Pokemon?
I seriously doubt that! My bet is that he can get one of three different hats, just like he did with Zelda/Shiek. And he still gets only one attack of the corresponding Pokemon.

So, maybe he has little Charizard wings on his back! Wouldn't that be cute? :chuckle:

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
did you guys see the charizard pic, he was standing on the pokemon stage, that means that stage is back
and kirby with a shell on his back :D

Crystallion

Smash Ace
No one sucks like Kirby x3
But bad jokes aside, why Squirtle, Bulbasaur and _Charizard_? Seems a bit out of place, why not middle evolutions for all three Pokemon? It's not bad since Charizard will likely be of use for easy kills, but it seems odd now that there's two first stage (Squirtle and Bulbasaur) and one three stage (Charizard) Pokemon, it's so...unbalanced. Or it might just be me for I am a nitpicker, please bear with me ^^; Anyway, it's a cool idea.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Crystallion said:
But bad jokes aside, why Squirtle, Bulbasaur and _Charizard_? Seems a bit out of place, why not middle evolutions for all three Pokemon? It's not bad since Charizard will likely be of use for easy kills, but it seems odd now that there's two first stage (Squirtle and Bulbasaur) and one three stage (Charizard) Pokemon, it's so...unbalanced. Or it might just be me for I am a nitpicker, please bear with me ^^; Anyway, it's a cool idea.
It's Ivysaur, which is second stage, not Bulbasaur. So one first, one second and one third.

I wonder how the Trainer will interact with the background characters of stages like Smashville, if at all? Maybe this means background characters will have more a role than normally...

... ...

OHSHI

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He has some coffee while in smash ville and forgets about his Pokemon... 5 STOCK!

(What about scrolling stages like DK falls!?)

Crystallion

Smash Ace
It's Ivysaur, which is second stage, not Bulbasaur. So one first, one second and one third.
Oh alright, I didn't pay enough attention then ^^; So now it makes much more sense, thanks for pointing this out to me. Man, I've almost made myself look like a fool xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom