• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I think they didnt have all 3 at the same evolution so they could keep it balanced. Charizard is obviously the slow powerhouse. Squirtle is the fast weaker one. Ivysaur is probably has medium power but long range.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I think they didnt have all 3 at the same evolution so they could keep it balanced. Charizard is obviously the slow powerhouse. Squirtle is the fast weaker one. Ivysaur is probably has medium power but long range.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Is Charizard's appearance in Brawl a good or bad omen for Ridley?
Good because it shows that Sakurai knows how to animate wings and downsize Charizard. And that a lizard that size can make it in.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
AWESOME update! I honestly cannot wait to hear more information on this highly innovative and very unique character.

Also, something to consider: all of the "officially" announced characters (ones with profiles) combined make a total of 15. If we figure that the default roster will at least include Peach, Captain Falcon, a MOTHER character (Ness or Lucas), Ice Climbers (if they return), Sheik (fueled by rumors, but possibly solo), and probably an AC character, that brings the total up to 19, 20 or 21 (depending on whether or not the AC character is secret or not and whether or not Sheik is a separate entity). My guess, then, is that the default roster will be made up of 20-21 characters. I find it unlikely that there would be more secret characters than default characters, it sounds fair to say that we will have anywhere between 35 and 39 characters, MAYBE 40 if we're really lucky.

Again, my hypotheses are based solely on the number of characters that we have thus far and the inference that the four remaining default Melee characters--Peach, Captain Falcon, Ness (or Lucas), and Ice Climbers--will return on the standard roster.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Well, there were 11 secret characters (42% of the roster). If there is a similar ratio, then this should be the roster makeup. The starting roster should be made up of about 26 characters. We know that 15 characters have profiles on the site. If we include Metaknight, Falcon, Sheik, Peach, Ness or Lucas, and Ice Climbers we will have 21 characters. This means we should get about five more newcomers that aren't secret (Not counting Lucas). This also means that about 19 secret characters. So in all we should get about 24 more newcomers. This is all just speculation of course.

icelordhitsugaya

Smash Rookie
The Pokemon Trainer might be interesting. Most likely, the Final Smash will either depend on the current Pokemon using their most powerful attacks (Most Likely Blast Burn for Charzard, Hydro Cannon for Squirtle and Frenzy Plant for Ivysaur) or have a combined attack.

icelordhitsugaya

Smash Rookie
I'm just curious, now that Charzard's a kinda-playable character, you think they're going to replace him as a Pokeball Pokemon as well as Blastoise and Venasuar?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, there were 11 secret characters (42% of the roster). If there is a similar ratio, then this should be the roster makeup. The starting roster should be made up of about 26 characters. We know that 15 characters have profiles on the site. If we include Metaknight, Falcon, Sheik, Peach, Ness or Lucas, and Ice Climbers we will have 21 characters. This means we should get about five more newcomers that aren't secret (Not counting Lucas). This also means that about 19 secret characters. So in all we should get about 24 more newcomers. This is all just speculation of course.
I really don't think that MK will be a default character. I think Sakurai used him and Snake to tease the masses and gain interest, nothing more. The fact that the Halberd is the source of that purple fog that breeds the Subspace Emissary enemies only adds to the idea that MK is a villain in this game--of his own volition or otherwise. Twenty characters sounds like a reasonable amount for the default roster, though. I just couldn't see twenty-six (!) characters comprising the default roster. There's a fine line between reasonable and what sounds exorbitant; there isn't a specific place, it's just a subjective point at which the default roster becomes "too big".

(By the way, I love your avatar, SSM. Prince for Brawl! :grin:)

Wreked

Smash Lord
I'm just curious, now that Charzard's a kinda-playable character, you think they're going to replace him as a Pokeball Pokemon as well as Blastoise and Venasuar?
I don't see what Blastoise and Venasuar wouldn't still be in pokeballs. As for Charizard will probaly not be in a pokeball.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
As a huge fan of Pokemon R/B/Y and someone who never really played the newer ones, this update made me ecstatic. I would've bet (fortunately however, I didn't) that any new Pokemon added to Brawl would be from one of the later generations. I also would've bet, after reading some of the threads promoting Red/Ash as a character, that that idea would never happen. So as a Pokemon and Brawl fan, I'm really excited for this update, and can't wait to try out Trainer.

But as a tournament player, it makes me wonder about balance. When I first saw it, I said to myself, "it'll probably be something like Zelda/Sheik. People will play around, find which one is best, and play that one most." And I didn't say that with any negative connotations; I said it objectively, thinking it could be cool. But after reading about the mention of stamina, and how you will need to switch your Pokemon under certain circumstances and use them all, I really don't think Pokemon Trainer can be a viable tournament character. It REQUIRES you to play three characters, in a pretty balanced manner. And it's not like you can pick one and play his best matchups, you NEED to play all three in any given match, regardless of how good any of them are and regardless of any matchups. A lot of things need to go right for Trainer to be a good tournament character, IMO.

But again, there are many many casual fans, and many many more casual fans than competitive players, so this update is amazing for Brawl itself, though I'm not sure about its impact on Brawl tournaments.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I really don't think that MK will be a default character. I think Sakurai used him and Snake to tease the masses and gain interest, nothing more. The fact that the Halberd is the source of that purple fog that breeds the Subspace Emissary enemies only adds to the idea that MK is a villain in this game--of his own volition or otherwise. Twenty characters sounds like a reasonable amount for the default roster, though. I just couldn't see twenty-six (!) characters comprising the default roster. There's a fine line between reasonable and what sounds exorbitant; there isn't a specific place, it's just a subjective point at which the default roster becomes "too big".

(By the way, I love your avatar, SSM. Prince for Brawl! :grin:)

That actually is a good point about Meta. That would explain why he has no profile yet. But he is also in many of the screenshots. It really could go either way. I think 45 is a good number for the roster. It would give most of the people what they want. The more characters, the less chance people will get disappointed. That is one of the things I am worried about. We are all hyping this game up so much for ourselves. What if we don't get characters we have wanted for so long? We will be disappointed. This already happened to me waiting for Jump Ultimate Stars. I was expecting more playable characters. If we have a big roster, we will be happy. And Sakurai wants to make us happy.

And thank you. It could happen if only Katamari DS wasnt cancelled. =P

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Well what can you expect, Mario is Nintendo's highest selling franchise, and it had 7 representors in Melee. Pokemon is a highly succesful franchise and all together we might be looking at 7 (Counting Mewtwo and Pichu, though doubtful) representors aswell. But a more accurite guess would be 5. (Pikachu, Squritle, Charizard, Ivysaur, Jiggs) Now if only we could get a few more Zelda reps... (Link Zelda Sheik Ganondorf Ganon) But thats just wishful thinking.
You forgot Young Link and Wolf Link...

Pokemon Trainer, as a character concept, is utter brilliance. What a novel way to introduce freshness to a character roster that, though diverse, has been fairly straightforward up until this point. I cannot wait to play this character.

Now all Sakurai needs to do is reveal Ganondorf with the sword from his SSBM winning animation and my joy will be complete.

-Ninja
Not the sword from his Melee victory, the sword from TP.

This is a great update, but it leaves me with one question.

Kirby Hat for Pokemon trainer? Does Kirby go into the background? Doeas he get the Pokemon?
I bet he sucks in the Pokemon and gets a little feature, and then its B move.

He has some coffee while in smash ville and forgets about his Pokemon... 5 STOCK!

(What about scrolling stages like DK falls!?)
Yeah...even the trainer needs to take a break sometime...his Pokemon get tired and revolt when they lose and hunt him down and kill him.

As for scrolling stages, very good point. He'll probably hover on a flying Pokemon or something like that.

*hears the breaking of hell*

FINAL SMASH = OMG ,Put down the controller and run
All three? Summon a Legendary? All three plus a Legendary? Maybe he throws a Poke Ball for each Pokemon in Brawl, then summons a few that aren't in there, and his three fight. Hmm...

Two more things: where's Dyce? I wanna hear what he has to say. Also, has anyone considered their A moves? Everyone's thinking about their Specials, what about their A moves?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Pokemon trainer is a bit of a bland character. doesnt hav a personality like kirby or mario.
Or Link?

The point of the trainer is that he doesn't have a lot of personality of his own so you can identify with him. That's also one reason he has that generic name and why I think you'll be able to choose more than one type of trainer.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
That actually is a good point about Meta. That would explain why he has no profile yet. But he is also in many of the screenshots. It really could go either way. I think 45 is a good number for the roster. It would give most of the people what they want. The more characters, the less chance people will get disappointed. That is one of the things I am worried about. We are all hyping this game up so much for ourselves. What if we don't get characters we have wanted for so long? We will be disappointed. This already happened to me waiting for Jump Ultimate Stars. I was expecting more playable characters. If we have a big roster, we will be happy. And Sakurai wants to make us happy.

And thank you. It could happen if only Katamari DS wasnt cancelled. =P
Don't get me wrong: I would LOVE 45 characters (higher chances of Toad!). I just don't know how probable such a case is. We'll see in the coming weeks, though.

And isn't Beautiful Katamari slated for Wii?

Two more things: where's Dyce? I wanna hear what he has to say. Also, has anyone considered their A moves? Everyone's thinking about their Specials, what about their A moves?
Yeah, where IS Dyce?

As for the A moves, I can imagine Squirtle acting as a mini-Bowser, emulating his swipes and shell moves. Ivysaur will act like a slower, bulkier Pikachu, while Charizard is a Poké-preview of Ridley.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Or Link?

The point of the trainer is that he doesn't have a lot of personality of his own so you can identify with him. That's also one reason he has that generic name and why I think you'll be able to choose more than one type of trainer.
Yeah, good point. Like Link. And I agree about the trainer.

Don't get me wrong: I would LOVE 45 characters (higher chances of Toad!). I just don't know how probable such a case is. We'll see in the coming weeks, though.

Yeah, where IS Dyce?

As for the A moves, I can imagine Squirtle acting as a mini-Bowser, emulating his swipes and shell moves. Ivysaur will act like a slower, bulkier Pikachu, while Charizard is a Poké-preview of Ridley.
45 characters...*drools*

Maybe Dyce is "out with his girl" again.

You may be right about the A moves. I wouldn't know; not a big Pokemon fan.

Whoa! How'd you do the actual Pokemon name? With the thing above the E? Did you take it from Word or something? Please...I must know...it really bugs me that I can't do that!

powerchord89

Smash Rookie
AWESOME update! I honestly cannot wait to hear more information on this highly innovative and very unique character.

Also, something to consider: all of the "officially" announced characters (ones with profiles) combined make a total of 15. If we figure that the default roster will at least include Peach, Captain Falcon, a MOTHER character (Ness or Lucas), Ice Climbers (if they return), Sheik (fueled by rumors, but possibly solo), and probably an AC character, that brings the total up to 19, 20 or 21 (depending on whether or not the AC character is secret or not and whether or not Sheik is a separate entity). My guess, then, is that the default roster will be made up of 20-21 characters. I find it unlikely that there would be more secret characters than default characters, it sounds fair to say that we will have anywhere between 35 and 39 characters, MAYBE 40 if we're really lucky.

Again, my hypotheses are based solely on the number of characters that we have thus far and the inference that the four remaining default Melee characters--Peach, Captain Falcon, Ness (or Lucas), and Ice Climbers--will return on the standard roster.
Don't forget, zero suit samus isn't exactly a new character! so that gives you one more slot...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Holy crap on a stick! I go away for one day and come back to find a kick*** update and about eight new pages. Where do I start?

He has some coffee while in smash ville and forgets about his Pokemon... 5 STOCK!
That is not only funny, but it reminds me of a debate we had awhile back about how Tom Nook was in the background of Smashville, and thus was less likely to appear in Brawl as a playable character. However, it was suggested that they could just take him out of the background once he was unlocked. I'd say the existence of a Pokemon Trainer, who is inserted randomly into the background of a stage (assuming he's chosen) would tend to support that theory. Interesting how the confirmation of one character can affect how we percieve another, completely unrelated character.

Once again, Fawriel, we are totally on the same page. I could not have said it better myself. Why else would they call him Pokemon Trainer, instead of Red or Ash?

Yeah, where IS Dyce?

Agreed in regards to the roster. Also, I might've eaten Dyce. Sorry, but when I get excited I eat...
That's a great idea regarding Squirtle and Charizard, but I'm not sure I see the whole Ivysaur/Pikachu deal. I mean, Pikachu's got a lot of tail-related moves, and Ivysaur doesn't have a tail.

Also, when I told you to hope for another character, I didn't think it work that well. I may have to promote you to Head Mystic of Crazytown. Or at least give you a cookie.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT]

That was the perfect way of saying it. Your reward: Two shiny gold stars! <- Not a joke

Already agreed. I don't understand much when it comes to the age debate, sadly. :(

Haha. I always talk about that, yet I've never before seen a source neither. Funny thing, how the majority influences the minority, ain't it? Too many people start believing something is true and -insert big bang here- that thing now becomes accepted as truth. Whether or not this thing is, in actuality, correct is still up for interpretation. ((If you had not already guessed; "Yes", I am crazy, which is why The rAt <3 's me. :chuckle: Jp ((Sadly enough for me.))! XD

You sound JUST like that politician I know...

It's OK, never actually give your opinions. When has it ever been a convenience of this world to be incapable of avoiding responsibility? Baah! I'm just kidding, of course we all know EXACTLY how you feel about the IC's. ^^

Yay for gold stars! Also, are you saying if I ran for President you'd vote for me? I have a strong Anti-Pichu platform, but I'm also pro-clone and neutral on the third party issue.

Regarding the age debate, it is crazy stuff (and btw, Twilight_hero, agreed on letting the debate go for now, after all we can always pick it up again on a slow day right :p). I spent my first year at Smashboards almost exclusively on a Zelda continuity debate thread, and I still have a hard time keeping track of it all.

Great insight into the majority = truth issue. Also, if you just called the whole Big Bang Theory into question, you just officially became my favorite person ever.

Alrighty, down to my reaction to Pokemon Trainer. :scared: <-- Pretty much sums it up. I like it though. I mean, considering the whole "most Pokemon are species' rather than specific characters" arguement that's been made (by me, often enough), it is nice to have the main character of a Pokemon game accounted for. I think Sakurai could spend quite a bit of time elaborating on this character and how he'll work without giving us new character info for awhile and I'd be happy. The idea is just intriguing to me.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord

Yeah, where IS Dyce?

Sakurai wouldn't put in a 3rd party character that hasn't currently been on a Nintendo system even if he will be in the future. :(

And I'm sorry but I don't think Toad will ever be a fighter. He is probably going to stay Peach's B move.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Holy crap on a stick! I go away for one day and come back to find a kick*** update and about eight new pages. Where do I start?

That is not only funny, but it reminds me of a debate we had awhile back about how Tom Nook was in the background of Smashville, and thus was less likely to appear in Brawl as a playable character. However, it was suggested that they could just take him out of the background once he was unlocked. I'd say the existence of a Pokemon Trainer, who is inserted randomly into the background of a stage (assuming he's chosen) would tend to support that theory. Interesting how the confirmation of one character can affect how we percieve another, completely unrelated character.

Once again, Fawriel, we are totally on the same page. I could not have said it better myself. Why else would they call him Pokemon Trainer, instead of Red or Ash?

Agreed in regards to the roster. Also, I might've eaten Dyce. Sorry, but when I get excited I eat...
That's a great idea regarding Squirtle and Charizard, but I'm not sure I see the whole Ivysaur/Pikachu deal. I mean, Pikachu's got a lot of tail-related moves, and Ivysaur doesn't have a tail.

Also, when I told you to hope for another character, I didn't think it work that well. I may have to promote you to Head Mystic of Crazytown. Or at least give you a cookie.

Yay for gold stars! Also, are you saying if I ran for President you'd vote for me? I have a strong Anti-Pichu platform, but I'm also pro-clone and neutral on the third party issue.

Regarding the age debate, it is crazy stuff (and btw, Twilight_hero, agreed on letting the debate go for now, after all we can always pick it up again on a slow day right :p). I spent my first year at Smashboards almost exclusively on a Zelda continuity debate thread, and I still have a hard time keeping track of it all.

Great insight into the majority = truth issue. Also, if you just called the whole Big Bang Theory into question, you just officially became my favorite person ever.

Alrighty, down to my reaction to Pokemon Trainer. :scared: <-- Pretty much sums it up. I like it though. I mean, considering the whole "most Pokemon are species' rather than specific characters" arguement that's been made (by me, often enough), it is nice to have the main character of a Pokemon game accounted for. I think Sakurai could spend quite a bit of time elaborating on this character and how he'll work without giving us new character info for awhile and I'd be happy. The idea is just intriguing to me.
D@mn it, I keep telling you not to eat members! Jeez, don't you ever listen? Besides, if you have to eat a SWF member, eat a n00b, not a Lord like Dyce!

Anyway, I have a new potential Doominator for you: I think Dynamisn deserves a spot. S/he suggested that Hylian bunnies should get swords and start hacking Zelda to pieces. I think that is truly evil (and, actually, kinda happen to agree with it). Give him (her? Never can tell on the Internets...) a try and you just might find you like him/her.

I love your reaction to the Pokemon Trainer...and I admit I was like WTF when I saw it. And your arguments for Tom Nook make plenty of sense. I was doubtful, but thinking about that, I realized, hey, that's true.

Anyway, spit Dyce back out, stop eating members, and give Dynamism a shot. And check your PMs, I sent you something...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
D@mn it, I keep telling you not to eat members! Jeez, don't you ever listen? Besides, if you have to eat a SWF member, eat a n00b, not a Lord like Dyce!

Anyway, I have a new potential Doominator for you: I think Dynamisn deserves a spot. S/he suggested that Hylian bunnies should get swords and start hacking Zelda to pieces. I think that is truly evil (and, actually, kinda happen to agree with it). Give him (her? Never can tell on the Internets...) a try and you just might find you like him/her.

I love your reaction to the Pokemon Trainer...and I admit I was like WTF when I saw it. And your arguments for Tom Nook make plenty of sense. I was doubtful, but thinking about that, I realized, hey, that's true.

Anyway, spit Dyce back out, stop eating members, and give Dynamism a shot. And check your PMs, I sent you something...

EDIT: Okay, this link should get you a little closer. Still not sure why the other link won't work.
http://www.kotaku.com/index.php?refId=288649
I'm sorry, but the n00bs just aren't very filling. I was wrong though, it wasn't Dyce I ate. It was my cousin Steve. They both have that lovable "in your face attitude" so I get them mixed up. It's okay though, cause nobody liked Steve.

Thanks for the complements regarding my thoughts. It's always nice to know there are likeminded folks around here.

Dynamism, eh? Well, I'll need a statement from Dynamism his/her (I can never tell either) self about the kind of havok he/she is capable of, in addition to answering the following question correctly:
"I see myself as...
A) A Happy, well adjusted human being.
B) Environmentally friendly
or
C)A Death-centered, death-oholic, with a thirst for destruction."

Anyhow, not to totally change the subject, but I was surfing Kotaku.com and I found a story involving a possible confirmation of Sonic as a playable character. It's a longshot, but it's definetely worth checking out. Unfortunately for some reason I can't post the link, but it is linked on Kotaku's main page.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/the-plot-thickens/more-sonic+in+super+smash+bros-proof-288664.php

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but the n00bs just aren't very filling. I was wrong though, it wasn't Dyce I ate. It was my cousin Steve. They both have that lovable "in your face attitude" so I get them mixed up. It's okay though, cause nobody liked Steve.

Thanks for the complements regarding my thoughts. It's always nice to know there are likeminded folks around here.

Dynamism, eh? Well, I'll need a statement from Dynamism his/her (I can never tell either) self about the kind of havok he/she is capable of, in addition to answering the following question correctly:
"I see myself as...
A) A Happy, well adjusted human being.
B) Environmentally friendly
or
C)A Death-centered, death-oholic, with a thirst for destruction."

Anyhow, not to totally change the subject, but I was surfing Kotaku.com and I found a story involving a possible confirmation of Sonic as a playable character. It's a longshot, but it's definetely worth checking out. Unfortunately for some reason I can't post the link, but it is linked on Kotaku's main page.
Hey, I liked Steve! Wait, no, I liked Dyce. That's all right then. I actually feel that the n00bs are the best, because it's like you're doing the world a favor by eating them. (For all you Smash n00bs on the site, and I just mean, as opposed to Child, Journeyman, Apprentice, whatever--not actual n00bs!--who are going to get in my face about that, I kid.)

Yeah, I feel the same way about compliments. I'm also happy that people know me here on SWF. You know...I get in debates and discussions, people read what I have to say, they respond, they abbreviate and acronym-ize my name (Twilight and TH respectively)...I dunno, it just feels good, being known, you know?

Yeah, Dynamism. Like I said, he (I'm calling Dynamism he from now on, until he contradicts that, because it's easier) wants bunnies to kill Zelda.

I'll check out that article. Dyce'll love it, if it ends up being true...

As will half the planet...

Nevermind, rAt already got the direct link. Anyway, I'll repeat: @rAt: check your PMs!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Whoa! How'd you do the actual Pokemon name? With the thing above the E? Did you take it from Word or something? Please...I must know...it really bugs me that I can't do that!
Well, it depends on what type of computer you're on, Mac or PC. On a PC--or at least one with Windows--just hold ALT and hit "130" on the number pad. On a Mac (like me), however, I have to go to the Edit menu, select "Special Characters", and then insert the proper character.

(Also, a Word shortcut: hold CTRL, hit the apostrophe ['], let go of both, and hit "e". Now there's an accent!)

Alrighty, down to my reaction to Pokemon Trainer. :scared: <-- Pretty much sums it up. I like it though. I mean, considering the whole "most Pokemon are species' rather than specific characters" arguement that's been made (by me, often enough), it is nice to have the main character of a Pokemon game accounted for. I think Sakurai could spend quite a bit of time elaborating on this character and how he'll work without giving us new character info for awhile and I'd be happy. The idea is just intriguing to me.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Nice allusion to the Nook counterargument. In this best of all possible worlds (note: I'm nerdy), it seems that one character has helped improve the possibility of another. :grin:

The only reason I related Ivysaur and Pikachu is because they are both quadripeds. The better choice would probably be saying that Ivysaur would be comparable to Wario whilst crawling.

Ohh, I'm so excited for my promotion! Note that I WAS hoping for a newcomer this week, albeit a different one than revealed.

I am equally intrigued by the new character. I really hope that Sakurai reveals some more details on this character ASAP.

(And let the record show that I'm still holding out for Peach this week, however unrealistic :grin:).

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Well, it depends on what type of computer you're on, Mac or PC. On a PC--or at least one with Windows--just hold ALT and hit "130" on the number pad. On a Mac (like me), however, I have to go to the Edit menu, select "Special Characters", and then insert the proper character.

(Also, a Word shortcut: hold CTRL, hit the apostrophe ['], let go of both, and hit "e". Now there's an accent!)

Nice allusion to the Nook counterargument. In this best of all possible worlds (note: I'm nerdy), it seems that one character has helped improve the possibility of another. :grin:

The only reason I related Ivysaur and Pikachu is because they are both quadripeds. The better choice would probably be saying that Ivysaur would be comparable to Wario whilst crawling.

Ohh, I'm so excited for my promotion! Note that I WAS hoping for a newcomer this week, albeit a different one than revealed.

I am equally intrigued by the new character. I really hope that Sakurai reveals some more details on this character ASAP.

(And let the record show that I'm still holding out for Peach this week, however unrealistic :grin:).
I knew about the Word thing; I use it sometimes.

You really are nerdy. I mean that in the best possible way.

Me too. Though I didn't much like Peach (nobody kill me, I'm entitled to my own opinions about characters--and was it you who complimented me on using YL, Aeris? Anyway...), I do wanna see her confirmed instead of just part of the Subspace Emmisary.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I knew about the Word thing; I use it sometimes.

You really are nerdy. I mean that in the best possible way.

Me too. Though I didn't much like Peach (nobody kill me, I'm entitled to my own opinions about characters--and was it you who complimented me on using YL, Aeris? Anyway...), I do wanna see her confirmed instead of just part of the Subspace Emmisary.
No problem; I take pride in my nerdiness! :grin:

(And actually, I'm anti-YL, but I won't criticize you for using him, hahah.)

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
So the confirmed characters stand at;

Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Fox
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Bowser
Yoshi
Peach

-------------------

Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Solid Snake
Metaknight
Pit
Ike
Pokemon Trainer

I count 17. At this rate Falcon, Jiggypuff, Luigi, Ganon, Sheik and Nes are the safe assumptions left. That brings the count to 23. But if all the characters return from melee that's 33 so can brawl make it to 40 characters? Probally not my guess in end it's gonna be 35.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
So the confirmed characters stand at;

Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Fox
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Bowser
Yoshi
Peach

-------------------

Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Solid Snake
Metaknight
Pit
Ike
Pokemon Trainer

I count 17. At this rate Falcon, Jiggypuff, Luigi, Ganon, Sheik and Nes are the safe assumptions left. That brings the count to 23. But if all the characters return from melee that's 33 so can brawl make it to 40 characters? Probally not my guess in end it's gonna be 35.
Peach isn't confirmed yet, not 'til she merits an update.
Not all the characters from Melee are returning; at least Mr. G&W got cut, and we don't even know who else.
If Sakurai wants it to, it can reach forty characters.

Archyp Cosh

Smash Rookie
I saw someone mention this somewhere, and I can't remember if it was somewhere in the last 8 pages or on Wiseguy's thread, but Trainer/Red appears to be in the style of the pokemon trainers in Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Perhaps as an alternate costume you could import saved PBR trainers? If so, then that'd be pretty darn cool. Since he doesn't actually fight, the various sizes of models don't affect the gameplay at all!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Jigglypuff is not safe at all.
Sheik is still doubtful, not safe enough to already call her semi-confirmed, not at all.
Ness could be replaced by Lucas, but that works just as well, I guess.
Peach isn't confirmed yet, not 'til she merits an update.
Not all the characters from Melee are returning; at least Mr. G&W got cut, and we don't even know who else.
If Sakurai wants it to, it can reach forty characters.
Peach is tantamount confirmed. Doubting her is almost like doubting that Snake is in.
And where on earth did you get the idea that GaW is out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom