• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations Olimar players!

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Marth and Falco are getting nerfed in the north american version, therefore you guys are the lucky mainers of the sole broken character in this game!

>_> unless Olimar gets hit with the nerf bat too!

So... are you guys happy? Would you like to see Olimar get nerfed too so that he becomes more ''fair''?

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Marth and Falco are getting nerfed in the north american version, therefore you guys are the lucky mainers of the sole broken character in this game!

So... are you guys happy? Would you like to see Olimar get nerfed too so that he becomes more ''fair''?
Where did you hear that Marth and Falco are getting "nerfed" in the US release of Brawl? And how are Marth and Falco the "broken" characters to begin with? Pit's ridiculous arrows and Dedede's annoying inescapable chain-grab are more "broken" than anything I've seen out of Marth and Falco (unless you're talking about that "laser-lock", which is really difficult to get the right conditions for).

And the only thing "unfair" about Olimar is a very conditional 0-to-death combo that depends on a specific random pikmin order.

Edit: Ok, nevermind that first bit, Falco's SHDL and Marth's Fair recieved some ner***e. But please explain how Olimar is broken.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord

First off I seriously doubt your information is legitimate and secondly Falco is not broken, he has one "broken" situational combo.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't make any sense. There's no way they can nerf characters in the North American version or people wouldn't be able to play against others in Japan. All versions of the game have to be identical aside from the language.

ss118

Smash Master
That doesn't make any sense. There's no way they can nerf characters in the North American version or people wouldn't be able to play against others in Japan. All versions of the game have to be identical aside from the language.
Intresting point.

Otherwise, maybe WII's hooked up online would get an "automaic update" with the moves working a bit differently during and after online play. It could work, like how Marth's dair in Melee would have been MUCH better as a Meteor Smash. And "better" as in "not broken as ****".

Though he wasn't broken. The point is, online updates could be possible. Its not like the game is gonna be automatically fair and even as soon as the game is released. More likely than not, the US version will be more fair than the Japanese version, and the other versions will be even more fair.

tacticslord

Smash Rookie
I'd have to agree with Ultimatum here. It makes no sense for certain region-specific games to have to have differences in fundamental game play, especially one as internationally competitive as smash. If this were to happen, one of the copies would inevitably be considered the "official tournament" copy and everyone else in the different regions would have to buy a new game and new wii just to play. Now I'm all for capitalism and companies doing what they can to make an extra buck, but a company as smart as Nintendo- one who relies off the loyalty of their fans as well as the quality of their work- cannot afford to alienate half of their market, even more so when you consider this is their big push to online play and if people don't like it the 360 offers more than enough to easily compete. Since Nintendo must know this (or else would have gone out of business years ago) they wouldn't change anything save the language.

Then again, maybe Sakuria's just an evil ******* in which case all we can do is cry and wait for a savior.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
PAL melee says hi
Was PAL playable online against people who would have different versions?

Mmmk then.

If there are changes to Brawl, which I doubt, what's most likely is there will be a downloadable patch that would change it for everybody. That's how every online game that I can think of works; that'll be how Brawl will work.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Was PAL playable online against people who would have different versions?

Mmmk then.

If there are changes to Brawl, which I doubt, what's most likely is there will be a downloadable patch that would change it for everybody. That's how every online game that I can think of works; that'll be how Brawl will work.
dmbrandon has a thread about the nerfs to Marth and Falco in the U.S. brawl. He's played it. Check out his thread...

Anyway, I dont WANT Olimar to be the best, because if he is, we who mained him because we loved him as a character would be pushed into the "omgz Olimar is teh pwning top tierz, I gona main him liek you guyz" group.

:( :(

Milk

Smash Rookie
dmbrandon has a thread about the nerfs to Marth and Falco in the U.S. brawl. He's played it. Check out his thread...

Anyway, I dont WANT Olimar to be the best, because if he is, we who mained him because we loved him as a character would be pushed into the "omgz Olimar is teh pwning top tierz, I gona main him liek you guyz" group.

:( :(
Ya i really hope it doesn't turn out that way, seeing how people would think other wise, then opinion one who wanted Olimar from the start to those who are like "You guys are just tier whores!" If thats true towards the North America version then its just going to suck for certain individuals, i won't believe till i see it.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
The thread claiming these changes has next to no credibility, already other people claiming to have the NA version have stepped forward saying its false, though at this stage its all he said she said unsupported BS not worth worrying about. Either way, claiming a character is unfair is just weak jealousy and being a hater, the game is in no way old enough to have broken characters or techniques. As pointed out it is incredibly unlikely there will be any differences between versions because it would require a patch for online play, as pointed out above. Even so if they did choose to patch the game, it would make more sense to still release the same version and just patch everyone rather than adjust things between versions. Everyone should just chill out, this is just silly. Should be excited about release in 3 days not concerned about any random post someone makes.

-True

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
Olimar broken? sure he's awesome and a good character, but he's no where close to broken.

Top Bottom