• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Erayofinity is actually still played in Legacy in some regard.

I can't think of Kiki-Jiki without thinking of Flash Hulk, and those were some painful-*** memories.

You kids these days not knowing about Affinity.

Also, Teeka's Dragon. Rampage 4. You can't beat it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay, for serious.
What is going on for this weekend as far as groupings of smashers?
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Flash Protean Hulk in, Hulk dies, go and get...

1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
1 Karmic Guide
1 Carrion Feeder
1 Body Snatcher

This kill works by grabbing Feeder and Guide with the hulk trigger, Guide gets back Hulk, sac Hulk and grab Kiki. Kiki copies Guide, in response to the trigger sac kiki, reanimate kiki repeat. Attack with inf. guides. Body snatcher is there in case you draw one of your combo pieces.

It was a dark time in Vintageland.

Also, I'm right there with you, Wes. I still have my Teeka's Dragon because I am totally convinced it's still broken, even in the eyes of creatures like BSA, Emrakul, Akroma, etc.

Octave

Smash Ace
Okay, for serious.
What is going on for this weekend as far as groupings of smashers?
-DD
Looks like CCSU Smashfest on Friday and Alex's place on Sunday Monday or Tuesday. The CCSU one is definite but Alex's needs MOAR COWBELL INTEREST.

@Magic - I haven't gotten to play much outside of standard. I want to make an EDH (?) deck cause that's what a lot of the guys at CCSU play but I don't have the cards to do it and I wouldn't know what to put into it anyway.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Flash Protean Hulk in, Hulk dies, go and get...

1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
1 Karmic Guide
1 Carrion Feeder
1 Body Snatcher

This kill works by grabbing Feeder and Guide with the hulk trigger, Guide gets back Hulk, sac Hulk and grab Kiki. Kiki copies Guide, in response to the trigger sac kiki, reanimate kiki repeat. Attack with inf. guides. Body snatcher is there in case you draw one of your combo pieces.

It was a dark time in Vintageland.
One of my friends here literally has this deck. I already suck, and he ended up grabbing a like, 4 turn kill on me. It was hilarious.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Unless you're playing casual, you should yell at him because Flash is now restricted in Vintage because of teh gay that was Flash Hulk.
Yeah, it was casual.

It was some deck he used back in the day to win scholarship money I think he said.

Or wait, I think that was some other deck he two-turn-killed me in. Something with like, spawning 26 artifact creatures in one turn.
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Lucky him, since everyone ran a variation of that deck back in the dizzay.

Nick why haven't we chilled out, yet? >_> Same to you, Joey. Same to you, all of CT.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Nick why haven't we chilled out, yet? >_> Same to you, Joey. Same to you, all of CT.
>_> I'll be home for the week. We can get all frozen then. Go to CCSU Friday or something.
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I may very well dust the cobwebs off the sticks and bring my Magic ish to CCSU on Friday. Meet with heads, have some good times and be out by midnight so I can get to bed at a decent hour.

Also, Octave, I just started playing EDH like two weeks ago and it is surprisingly alot of fun. I'd suggest doing it as well.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I may very well dust the cobwebs off the sticks and bring my Magic ish to CCSU on Friday. Meet with heads, have some good times and be out by midnight so I can get to bed at a decent hour.

Also, Octave, I just started playing EDH like two weeks ago and it is surprisingly alot of fun. I'd suggest doing it as well.
Sounds good mangz.
I think I'll bring ProjectM by too, for ****s and giggles.
-DD

EC_Joey

Smash Lord

Where and when at CCSU Friday? I might show up since this week has been pretty ****ty.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Looks like CCSU Smashfest on Friday and Alex's place on Sunday Monday or Tuesday. The CCSU one is definite but Alex's needs MOAR COWBELL INTEREST.
I might be able to do CCSU Friday evening... I also might be able to do Sunday at Alex's. Will keep people posted!

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Oh ****, Budai, we haven't played in years. We play at the Student Center later on Friday. We only have 1 TV right now, but we need another.

Octave

Smash Ace

Yessss I get to meet the legend! :D

I think I'm gonna have to make a proxy deck.. I don't have anything from before like zendikar (besides a deck I got from a friend from Kamigawa). There are a TON of people who play magic at CCSU so there's a lot of competition.

How much do you think an EDH will cost me?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
IMO - EDH is just about fun, since all cards in your deck are a 1/(100-n) chance of being pulled, where n = the number of cards you've drawn. You can't really take that super-seriously, so don't worry about spending money on anything but a really good General.

Also, where at CCSU is all this going down? I also have no idea where CCSU is or where I'd park or anything. Rofl.
-DD

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Might be able to bring a TV to CCSU, and anybody who plays Magic strictly without proxies is taking themselves way too seriously. Proxies are an everyday part of almost every format of Magic outside of OMG-DCI-MUST-CONTROL-EVERY-ASPECT-OF-TEH-GAME Standard.

Octave

Smash Ace
IMO - EDH is just about fun, since all cards in your deck are a 1/(100-n) chance of being pulled, where n = the number of cards you've drawn. You can't really take that super-seriously, so don't worry about spending money on anything but a really good General.

Also, where at CCSU is all this going down? I also have no idea where CCSU is or where I'd park or anything. Rofl.
-DD
Does this mean I can use the Un- set? :rolleyes: But yeah, I'll have to find like, a favorite general and base the deck around that I think.
Does this mean I have permission to resurrect the ZSDazwa texture hack?

-DD
Just assume yes and don't ask questions imo :3

@tomorrow - This would probably be in the Student Center at CCSU, since it's a slow day and we'll have more room. We definitely need setups; Rep and I have one TV each (though mine is only like 10" at the most).

Not sure about the time, I'm free to go from after class around 2 until the SC closes at 11 and afterward if we can find another spot. What about you, Rep?

Rep

Smash Apprentice
I say we start later, since last time we started at like 3 and some people didn't show up until 6ish. I say we just start at 5 or 6 this time, though I'm free after 1.

Octave

Smash Ace
Yeah, HAB, that might not be worth the gas :( As much as I want to meet you, the student center closes at 11 so you've only got a minimum of 3 hours of time. How far away is CCSU?

And yeah, proxies for any card. I suppose the cards are probably like $.12 though, maybe less. I have to look up stuff still.

Top Bottom