• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
evan, you should be our second soldier :D if not stephen and i will be on the hunt for that, too.
Hell yeah I'd play soldier. I could also play demo or scout if we find another soldier.

I need to start getting to know some of the maps I'm not as familiar with.

Either of you have any experience with TF2 Lobby? I signed up but haven't tried it yet.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm not normally a fan of in-ear headphones. I haven't found a pair that are even slightly comfortable yet. But those look pretty boss.
Not to sound like a tool, but I wasn't until I tried these.

My Clip **** the bed last week though. =(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Hell yeah I'd play soldier. I could also play demo or scout if we find another soldier.

I need to start getting to know some of the maps I'm not as familiar with.

Either of you have any experience with TF2 Lobby? I signed up but haven't tried it yet.
lobby works great. i haven't tried the chat yet, though, but i'm pretty sure that's for higher competitive play anyway. and i am pretty sure you+stephen would make good soldiers (stephen's hella aggressive and you were a great pocket soldier the last time we played that combo), and someone i met through smash from the south who's pretty good might be interested, as he plays scout. and yeah, both leagues have included freight in their current rotation and will have them in the next season and i think i have played freight a total of 2 times ever. so...yeah.

Anything else you guys need? I'm an okay soldier/scout and have a little medic experience.
wellllllll yeah! you should play scout for us :3
and then all we need is a demoman. i could also play demoman and we could look for a medic, but i think i'm a far better medic and am learning faster so i'd rather look for a demoman.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
How do I learn TF2? I bought it probably a year ago when it went on sale but I've never really gotten into it

Same way as smash or any other game, really. Play with more skilled/experienced people and learn from them, find a good community/forum where people are supportive, read through and watch tutorials (from a competitive perspective preferably), and watch videos of skilled players to see what they do and try to mimic it.

Also there are a lot of practice maps out there that you can play by yourself which can be helpful in developing technical skills and timing.

When I get home later I can give you examples of all these things (unless someone else does first). Also add me and the others on Steam and we can play with you (steam ID: Budai).

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Holy crap I share my birthday with Silent Wolf. All I need to do is kill him and then I'll absorb his tech skill like Jet Li in The One. Anyone wanna buy me a plane ticket to Cali for my birthday?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Silent Wolf lives in Washington.

I'll buy you the ticket if you share.

Also, have I told you lately that I love you?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Yeah... limiting someone's options on their wake up is SO stupid. Letting rose/chun backdash every single time on her wake up is ef'n sick. Letting bison EX pc/tele every single time. Without OS, characters like akuma would most likely be trash. Making someone think twice about doing a reversal is HUGE, especially to someone who runs mix ups off of an untech KD

Oh btw what character do you play? Are you salty about your character having ****ty OS, or are you just ignorant?

Ryu is one of the most balanced characters in the game btw... I don't get what's so stupid about him B)
I guess I need to clarify things to the utmost when I post. Stupid meaning....stupid good maybe? :)

Ibuki still.

Ryu IMO is arguably top three in that game. He really doesn't suffer hard from ANY match up...either does Rog. Thats why I really think Rog and Ryu are top three.

Boxer-Low execution, high health, best jab in the entire game, good walk speed, high stun, easy comboable ultra from overhead or cr short, bust normals, lots of safe or close to safe moves, 5-6 moves with armor frames, 3 moves with invincibility, anti projectile, good anti airs, and REALLY only truly struggles with Zangief.

Ryu-Good health, good stun, good walk speed, safe special moves, easy combos, 3 frame jab and cr mid, good damage, great corner game, good pokes, great anti air, arguably one of the best ultras, low execution, anti projectile, SAFE super, great anti dive kick game w MP shoryuken.

I think:

Boxer
Guile
Ryu
Bison
Honda
Chun

is more accurate.

Also, how many times did I say Honda would be top 8 and you laughed at me? :)

Watch Ibuki go up. Shes going to get better. She'll never be top or high....but she'll go high mid IMO.

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
Thanks but I just checked and my laptops video card is a piece of poop so I can't even run it :(

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
In response to Dave from a few pages back:

You basically asked me why I thought the new SBR tier list was bad?

Here we go:

Lets start off by watching this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mep1aUW3Opk

(Everyone should watch this video and think about it.)

Just using tournament results to formulate a tier list is completely wrong. Completely wrong. Why?

It completely disregards and dismisses characters that are less used. Whether you think so/care or not IT IS important. Everyone mostly uses Fox, Falco, Jigs, etc. What if I was a Ness or Donkey Kong main and wanted to get an accurate depiction of how good or talented my character is? I can't exactly do that because there is a FIVE WAY TIE FOR THE WORST CHARACTER and my DK may not be actively used in tournaments often so the smash scene does not care.... What does that scream to me when I look at it?

"WE really do not care about these characters so they are all the [worst character in the game.]" What tier list really does that? None. Every game accurately depicts each characters potential EVEN if they are not highly played/valued as being good high level "winning" characters.

Having a THREE WAY TIE for the best character is also horrific. I do not even need to elaborate on this one (I hope)

This new tier list to me screams, "Yo, these are the most popular and successful characters in tournament." and not "This is our tier list which accurately displays the current meta game of ssbm." It is simply a "popularity chart" Using tournaments is 100% legitimate and I support this but solely using tournaments is faulty.

I will explain further

Ganon went up-More ganons around in the last few years (kage doing great)
Pikachu and mario went up (mango goes on a win streak w a mid tier so he has to get bumped up and Axe is awesome. Bump him up)
Luigi goes down-Ka Master isn't playing.
Jigglypuff goes up-mango and hbox
marth goes down-m2k sucks now guys.

It's sad when you hear most jigglypuffs saying that she is not top tier and will actually defend that position. Just because 1-3 people can play a character at an extremely high level (that is miles above everyone else) does not mean that a character deserves more higher placement in the next coming tier list. What it does mean is that we need to carefully and accurately maybe assess that character and look at them from a better angle. We did this with Jigglypuff when MaNg0 FIRST started winning and were like, "Wow, shes definitely better than we thought." Thing is though, why didnt we do this with PEACH though? Wait a sec, could it be because ARMADA WAS MILES AHEAD OF EVERYONE? How is that different from MaNgo?

Pikachu did need to go up IMO, definitely.
Jigglypuff needed to go up as well...but to FIRST? Most jigs mains will disagree with this. She deserves third or fourth. Definitely.
I still strongly think Marth is second. But this isn't a point to argue Marth so i wont go into detail.

What also is pretty funny about this tier list is the fact that half of the MBR members did not know about this list or do not support it at all. (Hax, Zoso, and Umbreon) So...that's not a bad thing? Doesn't the BBR support their tier lists 100% with every member and every action THEY make as a community? The idea of having a "group of backroom members" come up with a tier list is dumb. It's....hysterical actually. What makes you think that a bunch of kids with purple names are legit to say who are the best characters? It's almost like you are isolating your opinions from the rest of the "community."

What does that tell me about the way the Melee community assembles a tier list and the fact that Hungrybox himself made this? (or so I've heard....can't confirm this)

You're all a bunch of kids who play this video game. You're all too young to know what the heck you're talking about.

The older/more mature people in this community are few....and it did not fuel me enough to want to stick around and play this game.

Melees an amazing game, but this community is jumbled and weird and has little to no idea how to go about looking at this game.

All I ever hear is "Tournaments! Tournaments! Tournaments!" anytime anyone ever talks about how good character A or B is. That doesn't define characters. It's a loose guideline.

S l o X

Smash Champion
i'd rather play blazblue, sf is so stale to me. possibly worst than tekken to me.

and LoL has been pissing me off lately. (not really)

Riot needs some stable servers.

Those commercials are amazing.

bout to go win some iPods on GunZ or something.

Top Bottom