• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Dammit, it IS an hour and a half to get to CCSU from WPI.
:[

Welp, you CCSU kids can all come down on weekends or something and I can totally host all of you and supply 3 TVs/2 Systems for use at all hours of the night.
:3
-DD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i'm super sad i missed swift and tarmacker this weekend, but...
i will be at ccsu this upcoming friday :D assuming i get a ride
i won't be there in 2 weeks, though :\

anyone know if there is another planned new england tourney any time soonish? i'd like to go to at least one before winter break.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i'm super sad i missed swift and tarmacker this weekend, but...
i will be at ccsu this upcoming friday :D assuming i get a ride
i won't be there in 2 weeks, though :\

anyone know if there is another planned new england tourney any time soonish? i'd like to go to at least one before winter break.
:O THERE IS A BRAWL ONE IN WORCESTER ON SATURDAY!
COME ON UP!

With my hoodie.
:x
-DD

Octave

Smash Ace
lol I'm gonna be at Central this Friday for a Cross Country banquet so maybe I'll stop by and say hello
Maybe there'll be free leftover food like last time. I'm pretty sure they hold the banquets very close to where we play smash, too, like literally right behind us in a big room.

Train

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, so what's happening at CCSU? I'm new to the boards but I live really close... maybe I can tag along sometime?

Octave

Smash Ace
Hey guys, so what's happening at CCSU? I'm new to the boards but I live really close... maybe I can tag along sometime?
We play Melee and MTG every Friday from 5ish until 11 when the student center closes. The turnout is usually pretty good, I think we've had at 10+ people every week?

Train

Smash Rookie
Wow, that sounds like fun... All of my friends don't play me anymore cuz they can't beat me... i found this site so now maybe i can play with people that'll give me a challenge... although if you guys are as good as the vids I see on Youtube i'll probably get wrecked, but it'll still be fun lol.

Oh and I hope it's ok, but i'll probably just play melee... i hate brawl lol.

Octave

Smash Ace
Wow, that sounds like fun... All of my friends don't play me anymore cuz they can't beat me... i found this site so now maybe i can play with people that'll give me a challenge... although if you guys are as good as the vids I see on Youtube i'll probably get wrecked, but it'll still be fun lol.

Oh and I hope it's ok, but i'll probably just play melee... i hate brawl lol.
The only Brawl we've had to play is Project M. Don't worry, most of the CT players in this thread don't play Brawl.

Definitely come.

Edit: :L HAB 13 minute ninja. that's what I get for watching CSI instead of hitting reply.

Train

Smash Rookie
WOAH! that looks so cool! Is it like that Brawl+ thing or completely melee? Cuz my favorite character is Mario but he's never that good so i'd like to see him be viable.

Octave

Smash Ace
Mario is very viable so far, but it's still in alpha development. Nothing is finished yet. I don't think we'll have it this week, though, since the guy who had it (and who also happens to be on the PM development team) went back up to MA for school.

Unless someone has a modded Wii that can run PM and Nick sends me the files to put on an SD card? <3

edit: Also, just so you know, avoid double posting. Use the edit button.

Train

Smash Rookie
Oh ok, sorry. But yeah, too bad but i think i'd still like to come... if I can find a ride lol.

Actually Octave You've been really cool, so I was wondering, if it's not too wierd... Do u know anyone that's going Friday that can give me a ride? I live really close so i hope there's some1 that can... I live right off of the Berlin Turnpike, you take the street across from the tacobell and i'm in that housing development down the street on Beckley.

Anyone that wants to pick me up automatically becomes my best friend for a grand total of 3 hours!

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
The current tier list is different. I'm not really allowed to talk about why.

I would have no problem with basing a tier list on matchups. I've been saying this for a LONG TIME, and most people in the MBR agree with it, but I can totally understand why some would want to base it on tournament results for one reason: A matchup chart is always going to be skewed by opinions. I recently saw a matchup chart for ST that was created by polling a few top players for each character in the cast. To name just one example, Boxer versus Zangief is listed as 8-2 according to one player, 5-5 according to another player, and 4-6 according to yet ANOTHER player. THIS IS AFTER SIXTEEN YEARS OF ST. Another important point: This matchup chart included all the ST characters, O. Ken, and O. Sagat. Why don't you go troll the ST community for "disregarding and dismissing characters that are less used?"

I'm not saying, "Matchup chart is too hard, don't bother," but I can understand why some would want to base the tier list on tourney results. Tourney results are concrete. There's no debate or bias, it's just who beats who. Raw data.

Also, the tier list for 3S is based on matchups with more weight given to matchups against popular characters. As in, popular in a TOURNAMENT SETTING. Gee, that's weird. Why don't you go jerk off on their SRK wiki page or something?

And hey, while we're at it:

http://iplaywinner.com/super-street-fighter-4-tiers/

HAS;DLFK HOLY **** FOUR-WAY TIE FOR FIRST WHAT A BAD GAME/IMMATURE COMMUNITY/DUMB WAY TO MAKE A TIER LIST COMMENCE TROLLING GUYS!!11

You like SSF4 better so now you're frantically trying to justify your opinion because you want everybody to agree with you. You did the same thing with Brawl when it came out and again with Melee when you switched back. And I'm sure you'll do it again for whatever game you decide to be bad at next.

P.S. I'm older than you and I think you're ****ing stupid. GG.
"You can't say" ? What? Are the MBR members going to ban you? lol. Okay Dave.

I think its pretty clear that some of the smash community does agree with me........ LOL.

The SF community isn't ******** and are fully capable of backing up and supporting their points/decisions with concrete match up evidence. Theres definitely a difference. I dont troll SRK because.....they are not stupid.

They don't say "I'm older than you and I think you're ****ing stupid."

"Why don't you go jerk off on their SRK wiki page or something?"

Do you honestly think that makes your points more valid/worth hearing out?

You think you're so cool Dave. Lucky I never bashed your face in. I was close to doing so at Matts house. I should have. (rats)

Hey guys, just reminding you that I TOTALLY called that Honda would be top 8.

I didn't call where he would be in the top 8. Or who would be above him. Or below him. Or anywhere near him. But I TOTALLY CALLED IT.

And nevermind that I said Dudley was Sagat tier and that Ryu is top 3. I ****ing CALLED THAT ****.
Way to try to insult me on something that

A-YOU DID NEVER SAY and

B-I didnt quote you on and wasn't directed at you

Octave

Smash Ace
Oh ok, sorry. But yeah, too bad but i think i'd still like to come... if I can find a ride lol.

Actually Octave You've been really cool, so I was wondering, if it's not too wierd... Do u know anyone that's going Friday that can give me a ride? I live really close so i hope there's some1 that can... I live right off of the Berlin Turnpike, you take the street across from the tacobell and i'm in that housing development down the street on Beckley.

Anyone that wants to pick me up automatically becomes my best friend for a grand total of 3 hours!
...Dan? >>

ZoSo

Smash Champion
You think you're so cool Dave. Lucky I never bashed your face in. I was close to doing so at Matts house. I should have. (rats)
LOL you're funny Garrett.

Funny how you've never said any of this **** to me in person. You always save it for SWF because you're a ****ing coward. Yet I'm supposed to be afraid of you beating me up or something?

You know, the other day I was actually thinking I should try to bury this whole stupid grudge, but thanks for reminding me what a worthless, two-faced piece of **** you are.

Your mom should've aborted you when she had the chance. (rats)

Credit to Cort for the abortion joke.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
We play Melee and MTG every Friday from 5ish until 11 when the student center closes. The turnout is usually pretty good, I think we've had at 10+ people every week?
WHAT?! thats super ghetto why hasnt trademark called me i live right there :scared:

i dont know where the student center is someone tell me so i could go and hand out smash whoopins

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
WHAT?! thats super ghetto why hasnt trademark called me i live right there :scared:

i dont know where the student center is someone tell me so i could go and hand out smash whoopins
Holy ****. You do and I totally forgot. D: Sorry mangz.
-DD

Train

Smash Rookie
I'ma let you finish, but this was ALMOST the best troll of all time dude. Of ALL TIME!

but i was found out, ****... i was hoping you'd txt me and be liek Dude, give this kid a ride.

But Yeah it's me, couldn't remember my old info so I made a new one

Octave

Smash Ace

1615 Stanley Street.

If Trade doesn't have your number in his phone, like half of his phone's buttons don't work and he wouldn't be able to call you. Still, we've been posting about it for like three weeks.

Edit: Dan, I had a feeling it was you from the beginning... you told me Lester calls you Train. It was too much of a coincidence that you said you would finally start posting and then a guy called Train comes out of nowhere. Nice try.

But at least you're posting now. God **** it's been like forever >>

LOL you're funny Garrett. Your mom should've aborted you when she had the chance. (rats)

Papito

Smash Journeyman
1615 Stanley Street.

If Trade doesn't have your number in his phone, like half of his phone's buttons don't work and he wouldn't be able to call you. Still, we've been posting about it for like three weeks.

Edit: Dan, I had a feeling it was you from the beginning... you told me Lester calls you Train. It was too much of a coincidence that you said you would finally start posting and then a guy called Train comes out of nowhere. Nice try.

i see that now but im never on. everyones got my number tho so dont be afraid to call ill be happy to hear from someone

Train

Smash Rookie
1615 Stanley Street.

Ya, i figured it's about time I get in here, besides i was bored lol.

Top Bottom