• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

JC76

Smash Cadet
Have fun everyone..ill be in NY for the NY auto show. The CCSU Car Club is heading up there and we'll be back around 3...so good luck to everyone!

_V_

Smash Ace
4 more days until I have been on Smashboards for a year!?! WOO! Aren't you guys excited?

Mark your calendars, April 17th baby.

Only like a month until I come home again, for SUMMER! YAY!

Cort

Apple Head
There's a spot in the car going to the Stratford tourny today. If you can get to my house before 5 PM you can go.

edit: Nevermind. I'm gonna go now.

Cort

Apple Head
The Stratford tourny today was really fun. Poorly run, though.

I won and Justin got 2nd. I made 50 dollars.

Man, I've made $550 in the last 3 weeks just from tournaments.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
yeah, that pretty much sums it up, they werent expecting that many people, but they said they would have more setups next time.

Nesskid

Smash Cadet
The Stratford tourny today was really fun. Poorly run, though.

I won and Justin got 2nd. I made 50 dollars.
I'm still no match for Cort ): Still a long ways to go... Got 25 bucks though, how'd you like that Ramune soda Cort? My favorite part was when Cort did the target tests in a few seconds and everyone clapped and cheered. One of the guys was yelling "Anyone got a video camera? All we have to do is copyright this and we're good!" Then he switched to Home Run Contest. lolz
One thing missing from that tournament was that adreniline rush I usualy get. No johns, not saying it affected my play, just saying it wasn't a hardcore smash tourny the likes of esticle, it felt more like a big smash fest (with 2 tvs.)

More people form here should come next time though. He'll get more tvs and if competitive players outnumber the 'casual' players, then he'll change his rules.
Come on guys I'm rallying the troops! The target is gamingetc. We're takin' it over! MOVE OUT!!!!

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Yeah, Cort pretty much owns CT, I came in 3rd last night and he three stocked me with Pichu lol, and that was him goofing around, but yeah, more advanced players should attend, we'll bring set-ups, and Gaming Etc said they would leave all the entree fee money to the players if more people come and buy drinks and food. Obviously the rules need to change to the REAL rules, even if the advanced players don't outnumber the noobs they will still win, and that will encourage the other players to get better rather than doing the same every week. I only started playing about seven months ago, but I learn quickly, and although I probably won't catch up to Cort, there's always second place lol. Besides, I care less about winning and more about the opportunity to play really great players to better my skills. and next time I want a match against your Ness Justin. Good work.

Cort

Apple Head
Lil's charity tournament was fun. I think 18 or 19 people played in the tournament and PC was there so it was all good.

Hello Eric. Keep practicing and improving your technical ability... get smoother and stuff and learn to incorporate wavedashing and all that good stuff into your game.

Uh, and stuff.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
oh, yeah, does anyone know if the doubles this month will have team attack, because last time it didn't, and we really should change it. This makes a big difference in who I want to partner with.

Cort

Apple Head
I think they're sort of bent on using their poopy ruleset. Though, I think if I spent more time making the place into a more familiar tournament setting, we could get a lot more people from smashboards interested in showing up, which means more money for them.

I'm sure they'd like that.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
Lil's was indeed fun, I played pretty well too. JV and Aesir, great matches, thanks for setting this up Lil. Glad I could attend and donate some food stuffs. What's this about doubles? 27th? Tournament?

trademark0013

Smash Champion
yea, in stratford at gaming etc, every 2nd and 4th friday night. 2nd = singles, 4th= doubles. exactly how many tvs did they say they were gonna have? 7 hrs is a bit long to be having a tourny, esp if ur not playing for more than 25% of the time. still, it was fun. always good seein cort and justin. nice to meet u steve and the girl justin was with (didnt catch ur name). fun MTG 3way. first time playin t4. it was fun.

jorge (guy who runs gaming etc) was thinkin of changing the rules.. no wavedash, 2 character limit to be exact. grats to chewman on 2nd place. nice meeting others who i forgot/didnt catch names.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I could see you seriously winning that too. Just use him as a decoy.

I might go to this? Depends on how far away Stratford is from Manchester..and the time and date. No wavedash though? 2 character limit I guess is fine, but no wavedash is kinda..eh, hard to just stop when youre so used to it. Not something you can just completely stop doing. Friendly fire on, yes to wavedashing, and whatever character limit would seem good to me.

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
It was pretty devided, but for the most part, you could dash. Half of the people there knew and could use it, and the other half were asking what a wavedash was. So the guy said it was alright to use unless your opponent had any objections. So Nesskid's right the more sensible people the sweeter it gets!

Nesskid

Smash Cadet
Meh still doesn't sound like the tournament is worth being at for 4?+ hours after hour+ drive then another hour+ drive back. But maybe...
Well, no. No it isn't, at all...

But I really want it to be because then I'll be able to play with people at least every two weeks at this place. So yeah, it's not worth it at all right now, and if they changed their rules and got more tvs, it'd only be kinda worth it, but I'm excited at the prospect of good bi-weeklies held only 20 minutes from me. Hey, they got Pokemon cards. Who can say no to Pokemon cards?

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I've lived in Stratford for more than 15 years and I never knew about Gaming Etc. How could this happen!?

I've been playing Melee (and 64) since it came out, but somehow didn't know about advanced tech until this past summer. I then started reading these forums and trying to learn as much as possible as fast as I could. I've never been to a 1v1 tournament and I'd love to go to this next time since I think my Falco is ready to get his *** kicked by you guys. It also helps that it's right in my hometown ;-P.

The first one I'll be able to go to when I get home from school is May 11th, which happens to be my 21st birthday, so I may have to wait until next month or maybe the doubles.

I'm really excited to find out that there are tournaments here in Stratford, even though they may be small. I've been wanting to see how I play against people other than my roommate for a while, since I don't have much time for tournaments when I'm at school.

Now I have another reason that I can't wait to get home! Can't wait to meet you all when I get a chance to go to one of these tournies.

-Evan

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
I've lived in Stratford for more than 15 years and I never knew about Gaming Etc. How could this happen!?
probably because it just opened recently. although there could be another reason, i suppose, and id be up for going there to play at times other than the tournament, since i live really close anyway

Top Bottom