• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Pipe

Smash Cadet
technically I have to work thursday, too, it's just that I don't work until 7(until midnight) then and am free during the day. on friday I don't have to be to work until 1:30pm so if you'd want to play before then that'd be okay but I'm not sure either of us want to be awake for that part of the day.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Brookman, thank you for your positive input, I've yet to meet you, but I've heard good things.

Dorf...uh, sure lol. btw, Shminkledorf is like the coolest name ever, why even be called Eric lol.

Aesir, no hard feelings, and don't worry, I still pwn scrubs, it's just you guys I need to start getting used to.

Bluedeath, hel l yeah to fist fight MMs lmao.

Trademark, why am I not surprised lol.

Nus, seriously, that's it, I challenge you to the first Fist Fight MM, tomorrow 4 o'clock, playground.

Bacardi

Smash Rookie
Bacardi here day 1 player trying to get more involved with smash someone let me know when the next gathering is and I hope knowing wouldnt mind giving me a few tips in person, if you guys want to learn 3s,st or mvc2(i play alot of other fighters like accent core) let me know. BTW I live in bridgeport but I work in Norwalk so let me know whats up

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Bacardi here day 1 player trying to get more involved with smash someone let me know when the next gathering is and I hope knowing wouldnt mind giving me a few tips in person, if you guys want to learn 3s,st or mvc2(i play alot of other fighters like accent core) let me know. BTW I live in bridgeport but I work in Norwalk so let me know whats up
Hey weren't you doing the commentary at Evo? I didn't realize how much respect Evo earned Smash........I'm really glad some hardcore 2D fighter players are trying it out now. I honestly think it's the best 2D fighting game ever created and takes an incredible amount of skill, smarts, and calmness to play well. It looks like a kiddy game at first glance but it's by far the deepest and most skill intensive game I've ever played.

I'm also looking for people to play with but I also know enough about the game to help out new players.

Let's really try to find some venue for some free bi-weeklies or something in CT where everyone can get together and play for a few hours, it'll be really fun and probably increase everyone's skill a lot. There's got to be some school or store in CT that has enough space for 15-20 people to play Smash on Fridays or the weekends.

To Papito: You don't live too far away from me and I think there's at least 6-7 other Smash players that live in the general area so hopefully we can all play sometime.

Bacardi

Smash Rookie
Let me see if I can set something up, I know of 2 game places by my house and it shouldnt be a issue to set it up. I also help run events at web2zone so if there is noone else and people were willing to we could have something there(eventho I am thinking of organizing a big smash tourney) also there is a cybercafe in monroe

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Bacardi you're sort of in the middle of nowhere CTwise lol. And seeing 3s again it sort of makes me want to pick it up. I've never really gotten the chance to get into a good "pure" 2d fighter, and evo really perked my interest. But I must say SFII Turbo was boring as all hell.

Bacardi

Smash Rookie
I dont mind travelling to where other people are especially seeing we have really good players in ct. I am really interested in learning so let me know

Ed@%

Smash Rookie
bacardi, you can take route 8 all the way up to naugatuck sometime.I'll post later to tell you when "sometime" is.

this is squaminator. oops. meant to post as me.

_V_

Smash Ace
Umm it should be...maybe I can get another TV to fit in my room somehow...eesh, it sure is going to be hot in my room >.> haha

Peoples come between 2-3 then? If I have lots of people I may need to make people leave at like 5:30-6. So if you guys want you can come over earlier at 12 or something, I don't know what everyone's schedule is like, but yeah, I would just need people to be out when/before my parents get home as to not annoy them...and because my mom can't (but would probably try) to make food for 5 extra people haha

Edit//I watched the MvC2 finals from Evo...that game looks crazy, I don't even know what is going on. I wish I was good at fighters, but I never really have been.

JC76

Smash Cadet
Hey whats up guys...wow its been a while

How is everyone doing? Ive been really busy with school and work. Im sorry I havent had the time to post.

I would be willing to play sometime this week also...im a MvC2 player myself :chuckle:

I also see we have some new people on the board...nice to meet you all

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Bacardi, no one good is from ct that plays smash. No one. >_>

And SFIIT I mean it was basically the same thing. balrog doing teh lamez repetitive throws. Which I guess is sort of what smash is. >_>

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
So... Thursday is a go for my place. You can show up at 2:30... and leave at like 7-8. So, it's going to be Pipe, Sean, and Aiser? Anyone else...looks in the general direction of Jorge. >_>

If one of you could bring a cube and smash and crap that'd be cool since we could get two tv's going... or more since I have like 4 tv's playable. /keeps post count up to try and keep Aiser from surpassing me...again

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
bacardi, train me in MVC2 :p , i never rly tried to play on the an arcade stick so my tech skill isnt as fast/efficent( MSP-ish rushdown is horrible.) Im a team scrub turtler haha but i wanna finally learn how to play on arcade stick -_-

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
hey blue is there a thread for viva la smash yet?
There is indeed.
but im not going to bother posting it .. because.
Theres a good chance it isnt goign to happen
Me and white mage are discussing things soon probably.
If it doesnt happen.
Well..
I need a venue
And now
it looks like its going to be run solely by the mages
no DNA.
kbai

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
There is indeed.
but im not going to bother posting it .. because.
Theres a good chance it isnt goign to happen
Me and white mage are discussing things soon probably.
If it doesnt happen.
Well..
I need a venue
And now
it looks like its going to be run solely by the mages
no DNA.
kbai
thats too bad, perhaps there will be other things in august.

Pipe

Smash Cadet
So... Thursday is a go for my place. You can show up at 2:30... and leave at like 7-8. So, it's going to be Pipe, Sean, and Aiser? Anyone else...looks in the general direction of Jorge. >_>

If one of you could bring a cube and smash and crap that'd be cool since we could get two tv's going... or more since I have like 4 tv's playable. /keeps post count up to try and keep Aiser from surpassing me...again
okay. I can bring a cube/game. I'll have to leave at 6:20-6:30 for work.

Top Bottom