• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
So whats goin on with this stratford tourney?
Gaming Etc.
555 Lordship Blvd.
Stratford, CT

7:00 PM singles tournament
5$ entry fee

Not sure the rules and stuff since I've never been to a singles tournament there, but I think someone (Cort maybe?) said it would be standard rules.

More people should go though... it looks like at least me, Erci and Swift will be there, and maybe Trademark. Plus you get a chance to own some noobs and have them stare in awe at your l33tness.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
yes Budai I am going. Soulja is prolly comin wit me also.
i have a better chance beating Chillin than noobs...

ZK: If u got a msg on ur answerin machine that seems unconventional, i'm sry. i meant to call swift, but forgot that i entered him in as Swift (u two share the same name)

Goldeneye > Smash.. and that panel better be elite status if so few determine the fate of a videogame's greatness

Myk: maybe... i have some pretty good letters in there ^_^

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Meh I liked golden eye more than perfect dark. Zelda oot is my favorite game of all time. I voted for smash in that thing though because currently I love smash.

Milktea, you should have spawn bring you to my house tomorrow, if he's still going.

Spawn, are you still coming? You might have to leave before a certain time cause I think I might be going to see hostel part 2. Unless you guys wanna come, oh wait, you kids can't watch rated R. ^_^ AHAHAHAHA

Papito, you should maybe come if there aren't too many people tomorrow. I feel bad that you still have yet to play anyone from the boards even though you've been trying. Especially since you're in central CT, the greatest section.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
So we get there by 7? Whats the zip for stratford so i can get mapquest driections
Yeah, get there by or before 7... though at the doubles tournament last time we didn't start until about 7:30.

You don't need the zip code to look up directions on Mapquest, but for future reference it's 06615 (Also for future reference: north side of town is 06614). The number for it is 203-296-9961.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, get there by or before 7... though at the doubles tournament last time we didn't start until about 7:30.

You don't need the zip code to look up directions on Mapquest, but for future reference it's 06615 (Also for future reference: north side of town is 06614). The number for it is 203-296-9961.
So there's a mini-tournament in Stratford? What day is it????? How many TVs do they have?

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
So there's a mini-tournament in Stratford? What day is it????? How many TVs do they have?
who are you and where are you from? It's friday, today, at 7, All the details are on the previous page if your wondering. Idk how many TV's, there are two fifty inch tv's for sure, then whoever can bring a set up would be nice.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
who are you and where are you from? It's friday, today, at 7, All the details are on the previous page if your wondering. Idk how many TV's, there are two fifty inch tv's for sure, then whoever can bring a set up would be nice.
I'm a CT Smash player from around Farmington so Stratford is a little far.....and 50'' TVs are a bit big for smash.

I've been trying to see if CT has any regular meetups where I can play SSBM....I've been playing mostly CPs or SSB64 online.

Oh well, that guy who posted about his store opening in July sounds promising. In the meantime hope I can play some people sometime.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It's alright, Steve. We'll be playing each other all weekend. :D Yeah, so Mike's was fun. Do this more often, please.

Mike (pretty much directed at all mikes... but originally intended for Redman, Mike), you're the man, like always.

Lil, why don't you just drive to Nus's house. If not that, drive to my house. Nus, if you are going to ditch Aiser and I to go watch a movie, we'll probably go with you, or we'll go to Lil's house which she has no choice in and she'll feed us chinese and stuff >_>... No choice Lil, remember that. lol

Being in the movies by yourself is saddening... we'll probably go with you depending upon what time you are going there. I have to be home on time because, otherwise, I'll never get to do anything when my dad's away...so yeah.

Aiser, right after you left, my mom was watching tv and had her door open so I couldn't go on the computer, so I couldn't do my 3 things of homework... I ended up going to bed, but I set my alarm for 1 so I could wait out my mom (lol, I'm such a camper at everything). My alarms didn't go off, and I somehow managed to wake up at 5. I'm now trying to do a 5 paragraph essay, a President's project (a ***** to do), and my notes i can use for a quiz. I didn't study for my economics test, and everyone said they cheated and still failed... so, I'm ****ed. ****ing alarm clock, **** you.

Aiser, you need to get your **** together and let me know what you are doing. I need to know if I need a partner for Pound or not nao kinda. Also, get dropped off at my house around 2:45ish... I have to do some chores before I leave.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Those prettiest fairs should go to Pound. >_>

Nus, pm me your address.

moregeospls

Smash Rookie
So apparently im going to pound and flying back 2 ct with the ct crew. Im pretty excited :3 a little bit of smash on the plane. Pound is gonna be so goood ><. Shall I too good? I think so.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I was going to watch it with a group of friends at like 9-11pm so you probably don't wanna go spawnsers. Meaning we could smash for like 3-9 which is way too much already. We should go eat something though, on weekends my mom works so I have no food. I'm gonna pm my address to you soon, just tell me what time you expect to be here.

Aiser/milktea/pipe should all drive to Spawn's house today, and spawn should bring them all down here. This way, I can own all of northern CT with my marth in one fell swoop. If more than two of you are coming, bring a setup. Pipe always likes to have work on days I can play so he can dodge me.

Edit:V is coming, so time for some TEAMS!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I pm'd Plank about the situation of Aiser, V, and Blue, this is his response

Re: Housing issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAWN
Okay, so, two of my friends are having issues with housing. One of them is taking the amtrak down Friday and needs housing for Friday and also a ride to that person's house. People aren't really willing to drive and get people though.
http://www.amtrak.com/html/stations_VA.html
http://www.amtrak.com/html/stations_MD.html
^^places he can be picked up

Second, one of my friends (V) is heading down with someone in a car (Blue) and Chu is saying that someone else needs to house him. Blue can't find anyone on the way from Winsted, CT...or at least noone is posting anything and also noone is willing to go and get him... thus far.

This is all in a week, so if you could get back to me soon, that'd be amazing. Thank-you for all your time Jon. I really appreciate all you're doing for this tournament. See you in a week and a day! :D

Plank's response:
im trying hard, people are being really gay about housing, ATM. Have the guy Amtraking get somewhere near baltimore, and ill take him to HAT's house. Tell V and bluedeath to go to talk to HAT, im sure they'll be fine.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to go do chores, Aiser and Lil, we'll see what happens.

Aesir

Smash Master
yeah I'm not going the way I see it, getting my license > pound. some of you may not agree but when you're sick of mooching off of others for rides you'll get it. >_>:

Joseith

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! Shmink and I are out of school now and since he only lives a mile away from me I'm gonna start training again! Look out for a new Marth.

Top Bottom