• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I mean its identical if you consider it being marth fighting pink balloons. Theres a world of diff between the two char
In short, none of Kirbys grounded attacks/tilts/anything can match to marths fair, nair, f tilt, or d tilt so kirby has to try the air and as long as marth gets a lead all marth has to do is aerial camp with fairs. Kirby should not get inside marths sword.

I'm not saying Jigglypuff and Kirby are identical. They are far from similar characters but the match up is pretty much the same for Marth. The match up is basically just get a lead and aerial camp.

Believe me, I know Jigglypuff is 29412300 X better than Kirby. Hence, why I think Kirby is the worst character in Melee.

Chewman-M2K reads Cort like a book. He knows exactly how he plays. Hes M2K.....try doing that against a decent/good Falcon. Falcon out camps Marth hence why hes better than Marth on stage.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3744420&postcount=412

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4727346&postcount=522

Edit: Meant to post this earlier.

Noodles-V 13 eh?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=197091

Is Ryu top tier in tatsinoka or whatever?

I main Ragna in Blaz Blue.....the game is still pretty much garbage though. I mean.......eh, its okkkkkkkk but the character choices are meh, the battle system is meh, and once you are in the corner you get *****.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
what u are suggesting is that if there was a ghost feature in melee (like in mario kart where your ghost does exactly what you did on a previous run) that you beating a kirby could be used as a ghost to beat a jiggs.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
woo woo i just played Mogwai for a couple hours. feels good man.
yea, definitely. I wanna play you as much as I can to knock all the bad habits out of me and make my shield pressure frame perfect (since all your OoS stuff seems to be frame perfect and ***** me when I'm a little slow).

@ PoF discussion, lolololololololol, this isn't brawl, aerial camping isn't a thing. when you do an aerial, you leave yourself vulnerable, so being predictable with aerials vs. a competent oponent leads to you losing all your stocks.

Cort

Apple Head
PoF - I'm like one of the most random players, no one really reads me like a book.

Also that set was a complete joke reguardless. M2K would do that to absolutely any Falcon (with any character thanks to his meticulous and perfect edge guarding) and I just fall back on Falcon for fun if I know I can't win the set.

At that point in the match all I wanted to do was knee him.

noodles

Smash Champion
In short, none of Kirbys grounded attacks/tilts/anything can match to marths fair, nair, f tilt, or d tilt so kirby has to try the air and as long as marth gets a lead all marth has to do is aerial camp with fairs. Kirby should not get inside marths sword.

I'm not saying Jigglypuff and Kirby are identical. They are far from similar characters but the match up is pretty much the same for Marth. The match up is basically just get a lead and aerial camp.

Believe me, I know Jigglypuff is 29412300 X better than Kirby. Hence, why I think Kirby is the worst character in Melee.

Chewman-M2K reads Cort like a book. He knows exactly how he plays. Hes M2K.....try doing that against a decent/good Falcon. Falcon out camps Marth hence why hes better than Marth on stage.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3744420&postcount=412

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4727346&postcount=522

Edit: Meant to post this earlier.

Noodles-V 13 eh?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=197091

Is Ryu top tier in tatsinoka or whatever?

I main Ragna in Blaz Blue.....the game is still pretty much garbage though. I mean.......eh, its okkkkkkkk but the character choices are meh, the battle system is meh, and once you are in the corner you get *****.
uh your point?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I wonder if Cort will be up by 1130ish.

Melee is fun.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
uh your point?
I'm not surprised you picked the best character........yet again.

Definitely the biggest tier *****. I have never heard of anyone initially and always using the best character in the game. When the tier list changes.....you'll change to the new best character. Who the hell does that????

"Yo, why did you vote to not ban mk?"

"Because I don't want to main Snake." WTF

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Tell that to Boss lolol

Tier whoring is pathetic, I don't understand why you'd pick only the best character in each game you play. There's no fun in that at all, which is why I've basically switched my main from Fox to Falcon these past few months. It's also because he's by far more fun to use, I would have ZERO fun using V 13 in Blazblue. **** that robotic *****. And **** Arakune while we're at it. I like winning my matches due to skill, not characters.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
the best characters take skill to use. lookit fawx, he hasn't won anything in a while.
you can't win just by spamming tech skill robotically since everyone knows how to get around that stuff.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Tell that to Boss lolol

Tier whoring is pathetic, I don't understand why you'd pick only the best character in each game you play. There's no fun in that at all, which is why I've basically switched my main from Fox to Falcon these past few months. It's also because he's by far more fun to use, I would have ZERO fun using V 13 in Blazblue. **** that robotic *****. And **** Arakune while we're at it. I like winning my matches due to skill, not characters.
That was probably the scrubbiest thing I've ever read.

noodles

Smash Champion
I'm not surprised you picked the best character........yet again.

Definitely the biggest tier *****. I have never heard of anyone initially and always using the best character in the game. When the tier list changes.....you'll change to the new best character. Who the hell does that????

"Yo, why did you vote to not ban mk?"

"Because I don't want to main Snake." WTF
we've already established that i use top tier characters :D.
Tell that to Boss lolol

this is stuff that id see in general brawl discussion. and honestly if someone can win matches with "no skill" just using the best character theyre not playing good people. ah, i could see why pofs complaining now. He told me before that brawl would be a funner game for him if mk was banned, makes sense now. And honestly i dont see why i would wanna limit myself by using anyone that isnt the best character.

When the tier list changes.....you'll change to the new best character.

let me know if im doing it right aiser

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I picked arakune when I first played blazblue and hes my fav character. You see his mutha fuggen starting pose b4 the fight starts? READING MAD BOOKS! ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9hf__54nTQ ) It looks so badass. His back story was pretty interesting too. He seemed original enough for me. I had no idea that he was **** until I got home from my friends house that night.

I picked fox because starfox 64 is like my fav game on N64.

Cable and Magneto happen to be my top 5 fav marvel characters.

I ran venom and Johnny back the in GG days and they kinda sucked.

XX reload MM anyone.

EDIT: on a competitive note....I hope u guys know that everyone doesnt play this game solely for fun and to use characters who they adore. Some people like playing competitively thats their fun. Some ppl play(believe it or not) because they appreciate the game engine/mechanics, the community, and its competitive nature.

EDIT2: OH and b4 everyone tried to get off on PoF I had a statement never responded to.....Garret do you agree with my statement about ghost? Is that what you are trying to convey?

what u are suggesting is that if there was a ghost feature in melee (like in mario kart where your ghost does exactly what you did on a previous run) that you beating a kirby could be used as a ghost to beat a jiggs.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Some ppl play(believe it or not) because they appreciate the game engine/mechanics, the community, and its competitive nature.
Thats me! lololololol.

EDIT2: OH and b4 everyone tried to get off on PoF I had a statement never responded to.....Garret do you agree with my statement about ghost? Is that what you are trying to convey?
I thought Ghost was a pretty good movie, personally. Woopie isn't my favorite actress in the world, but she was pretty funny.
-DD

vintage

Smash Cadet
what did people think about Obama's speech about Health Care Reform?

transcript if you haven't watched it: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/us/politics/10obama.text.html?ref=politics
From what I read it seemed good.

I'm personally behind his health care plan. I think our system is pretty flawed. It was pretty disturbing that I nearly lost my health care when my job fell out from under me. I didn't even realize at the time that small companies didn't have to provide health care for a period of time after shutting down and if that happened I would have had preexisting conditions keeping me from getting health care again. >.< Now I pay for my own personal health care because I don't want to take that risk again.

we've already established that i use top tier characters :D.

this is stuff that id see in general brawl discussion. and honestly if someone can win matches with "no skill" just using the best character theyre not playing good people. ah, i could see why pofs complaining now. He told me before that brawl would be a funner game for him if mk was banned, makes sense now. And honestly i dont see why i would wanna limit myself by using anyone that isnt the best character.

let me know if im doing it right aiser
Glad to see the drama didn't disappear. :p

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm basically free this entire weekend (Friday-Sunday) to play some smash. Just shoot me a PM.

noodles

Smash Champion
i read up to page 4 and it sounded solid. let me know if you see anything wrong with mogwai.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think the intent is good and I think he framed it very well for the public. I'm not sure how practical it will end up being, but at least they're trying something in a quick time frame and trying to make it palatable to everyone. Health Care Reform is desperately needed, and I'm glad that he is using forceful language about making sure it actually gets through, I just worry that the public option will not be sufficiently competitive to affect a change.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
The whole concept of a pre-existing condition bothers me. Insurance companies like to portray themselves as benevolent companies whose interests are improving the health of their members, but in reality they would much rather have healthy people get sick then pay for sick people to get healthy. They won't pay for your care if you are already sick.

I understand that it makes sense from a business perspective, but I hate how they have billboards and commercials about how much they care about you and your family, but in reality if you have sick people in your family they won't give two ****s about you.

I have a similar feeling about the FDA too.

Edit: Mogwai and I were talking online about this and there are basically the system we have now favors the rich. More money = better care. The extreme alternative which is free health care causes crowding of hospitals and waiting lists for simple but important procedures. What Obama wants is to make it more affordable. Like Mogwai said, the intent and urgency of the plan is definitely a positive, but the actual implementation is far from fool proof. (thanks Cog)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
*fool-proof.

If literally the only thing to come out of this is the elimination of the whole "pre-existing condition" BS it will be HUGE.

edit: so I just got done listening to the whole thing... I think he mostly nailed it. As always offered a calm, adult appraisal of the situation and actually showed some cajones at certain points. Now time for congress to grow a pair, too. Meanwhile the GOP was like oh ish who can we throw under the bus for a lame-*** response ummm how about this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scl5rAC38w lolll

Top Bottom