• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Aesir

Smash Master
A lot of the characters in 7 weren't very standoutish they didn't grow a lot through the game.

My biggest beef with 7 was it set a standard for the next 3 games for villains, no longer were they dislike able because they were malicious or villain like. They made them all with Tragic pasts getting you to feel sorry for them. That works in some instances, but not in every god **** game.

Kafka was a bad *** villain, yeah he looked like a clown, but he actually had a victory in the end.

Not only that at no point in the game did you ever feel bad for him, or show sympathy for him, which is something I wish Square would go back to.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
And putting the end boss to sleep is totally fair, he'd do it to you if he could. If you had more than 1 character in your party, it might've been abusive, but as it is, it seems fair to me. I think the only reason other games require bosses to be almost completely status immune is the fact that you have 2-5 dudes ready to gangbang them in their moment of weakness or buff each other in the downtime.
I up you guys an Earthbound! With a Ness Hypnosis and Paula PSI Freeze hybrid, that is. Either (20ish% chance) Freeze or always landing Hypnosis. I beat a boss the wrong way doing that. I was supposed to feed him some item. Shows how broke some games are. I haven't gotten Poo quite yet, so I don't know if there is a 3-way lockout system, but I'm gonna exploit it when it comes.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
haha Kafka... I liked how the stories for the characters were all more or less combined in 6, while in 7 everybody was fighting for their own cause completely independent of the others. I played through 7 too many times to count though, so maybe I'm just biased about it.

MarthIsMyHero do you mean Master Belch? Because I remember doing thousands of damage (when normal attacks barely did 100) to him and having him not die. Then I fed him the stupid thing next try and he died really fast. I didn't think it was possible to beat him without feeding him the jelly.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
haha Kafka... I liked how the stories for the characters were all more or less combined in 6, while in 7 everybody was fighting for their own cause completely independent of the others. I played through 7 too many times to count though, so maybe I'm just biased about it.

MarthIsMyHero do you mean Master Belch? Because I remember doing thousands of damage (when normal attacks barely did 100) to him and having him not die. Then I fed him the stupid thing next try and he died really fast. I didn't think it was possible to beat him without feeding him the jelly.
Yeah, I've hit a handfull of bosses like that though. I must say though, PSI Freeze is hax. Does Poo have any faceroll PSI moves?

One other question, a off-topic from RPGs, have any ROB players really shown up around in CT? I remember when I went in the early days of Brawl, nobody else played as him, except for maybe PC. (Heard he did, but I can't verify anything.) Just wondering! :lick:

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
MMO's are cool.
I like watching the vids of FF7 on the last form of Sepiroth
where Cloud uses Knights of the Round like 3 times in a row.
And Sepiroth uses Supernova twice in a match.
Yeah, destroying the solar system, twice, like a boss, a really hard one. lol.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
Mass Madness. I think vintage is driving from newhaven.
Aww, FML. I'm going back to Southington this weekend from Willimantic. Way to ruin my day! :( I wanna at least get some friendlies out there! I gotta really brush off the R.O.B. and see if I can adjust to Brawl+. I just harass the hell out of my Roommates with Ganon. They can't edgeguard for thier lives. :chuckle:

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
YO Final Fantasy IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT CHRONO TRIGGER WAS THE BEST RPG OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME.

/too lazy to do a pic
I swear, I've never heard more RPG fans talk so much about a game in my life. Is it really THAT good? I think I might snatch the emulator and put that on my Wii and try it when I'm done with Earthbound.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
The supporting characters in FF7 are crap.

lol tifa, red xiii, cid, barret, aerith.....all horrible and no one i clinged to.

Irvine, Zell, Rinoa, Fugin, Seifer, Edea, were much easier to grow onto either liking or hating because you had to.

Outside of Cloud and Sephiroth i didnt care about any characters in FF 7....at all.

FF 6 has the best villian....agreed. Sephiroth IS OVERRATED. FACT.

Also, my tournament is next weekend guys! Eggm and Swift are coming. You should too! The Brawl + turnout looks like it's going to be really nice to.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
tbh my favorite thing about ff8 was the fact that the characters seemed a lot more contemporary and easier to associate with. they were angsty teens, like me.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
The supporting characters in FF7 are crap.

lol tifa, red xiii, cid, barret, aerith.....all horrible and no one i clinged to.

Irvine, Zell, Rinoa, Fugin, Seifer, Edea, were much easier to grow onto either liking or hating because you had to.

Outside of Cloud and Sephiroth i didnt care about any characters in FF 7....at all.

FF 6 has the best villian....agreed. Sephiroth IS OVERRATED. FACT.

Also, my tournament is next weekend guys! Eggm and Swift are coming. You should too! The Brawl + turnout looks like it's going to be really nice to.
Care to point me in the direction of where I am to go, and perhaps a day, time, etc? School is crap and I have mad boring weekends (Not to mention I get Fridays off, and eventually Mondays when a class finishes in 4-5 weeks).

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
There should be about 30 posts with links to it XD. Ill go get it.
Forum mining is my worst skill ever. Consider it non-existant. :laugh:

Edit: Man, milk the broke man of his money. FML. I'll get off my *** here in Willi and go. So much for not going home every weekend.

Any way I can do some sort of friendlies with people? I need to get back into my game.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
The biggest aspect of an RPG to get me to play is the battle system and character uniqueness. (I actually played through the awfulness of Star Ocean 3. I still don't know how I did it.)

My favorite two FF games were probably 6 and 9. The characters had unique abilities. There were parts of the main storyline that were legitimately difficult without ridiculous grinding.
Agreed. Homogenization is bad.

Then again, you could really easily **** VI by just having everybody learn Ultima.

Or Meteor, since it's flat-out better if you have decent matk.
Kafka is the best FF villain because he blew up the world and was just PURE evil.
LOL Kafka.

Really though, Kefka* was mostly just insane, but I agree. He's a lot more charismatic than most RPG villains and he's one of the few to ACTUALLY destroy the world.

Then again,
Yggdrasill destroyed the world thousands of years before his game even took place.
marth just play it with the music up
I have the first four bars of a selection from CT as my ringtone.

Nobody mentioned Final Fantasy Tactics at any point in the last two pages. -_-

Has anybody played Saga Frontier? I did a long time ago and hated it, but I feel like I could enjoy it if I gave it another shot.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i feel like i could enjoy it now that i'm not a lad
it wasn't that fun when i played it

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dave I get the feeling you inserted that spoiler in there just to get me back into
Tales of Symphonia
>_>

IT WON'T WORK

and yeah MarthIsMyHero, if you haven't played Chrono Trigger you should give it a shot at least. It's my favorite game :D

It doesn't seem to be SquareEnix's, though D:

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
It must've been the OoT one, because I have those Orchestral tracks from the CT PSX version from a disc you gave me. I remember having to manually add song titles because you threw in a "bonus song" <_<

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
=o I like Chrono Trigger, but I'm stuck at the factory thing and have no idea where to go now, so I kinda gave up lololol.
-DD

dudutsai

Smash Lord
FF Tactics had the best story of all time. Too bad it had some messed up stuff like how it forces you to use only 4-5 characters otherwise you will fail without overtraining. Or like how all of your characters are unnecessary after you get the ThunderGod.

How can you listen to 4 seconds of that song and not want to listen to the whole thing every time your phone rings? lol

Top Bottom