• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Mogwai-We need to do Falco dittos ASAP. I want you to verbally teach me everything about Falco in your guide without me having to read it. LOL

plans today/tonight?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Man, I'm so ****ing glad I rewatched Evangelion. Too **** good. Are any of the films worth watching?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Get more hype into this. Call up Massachusetts and tell them they suck and if they don't show up they are a bunch of *****es.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251405

Since the two states are pretty much one giant crudhole in my mind.
lol j/k
=P

p.s. dont get mad, use your night vision

p.ss. fixed

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
falco is pretty complex.
lambchops is teaching me things and it's super crazy how to do certain things correctly and how to adapt to specific scenarios.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Muse - The Resistance
The Killers - Sam's Town
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
Common - Finding Forever
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
The Killers - Sawdust
Passion Pit - Chunk of Change
The Killers - Day & Age
Incubus - Monuments & Melodies
Passion Pit - Manners
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Death Cab for Cutie - We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes
Common - Like Water for Chocolate
Alien Ant Farm - ANThology
The Strokes - Is This It
The Strokes - Room on Fire
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Like Bad News
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Alien Ant Farm - Up in the Attic

I'm really pissed that I forgot to order Uptown Saturday Night by Camp Lo, but I'll get that another time cause there's still so much that I wanna get.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, I apparently have no money, thus I can't do tournaments. My wi-fi at home sucks, thus I can't even do wi-fi friendlies (which aren't great either, due to lag). Got any suggestions for me to either play Brawl+ friendlies or learn to play Melee? (I never learned too much about competitive play.) I know most of you guys don't have a lot of free time (Neither do I, I just waste what free time I should be spending on my studies.), but I was wondering if people meet and do some friendlies anymore?

Also, nice range of taste Mogwai, minus Coldplay (I blame my roomie for playing Spies for 6 hours straight at least 3 times a week a problem. 5-6 others too, from time to time.).

Aesir

Smash Master
This is likely to be a rant;

What the hell? are all AOL users Neo-cons?

from AOL news:

WASHINGTON (Oct. 13) - The Pentagon is speeding up delivery of a colossal bomb designed to destroy hidden weapons bunkers buried underground and shielded by 10,000 pounds of reinforced concrete.
Call it Plan B for dealing with Iran, which recently revealed a long-suspected nuclear site deep inside a mountain near the holy city of Qom.
Basically It's big and blows **** up, completely unnecessary spending.

What's even worse is the polling =|

How do you feel about the development of this bomb?
It comforts me 71%
It scares me 15%
I have no strong feelings 14%

71% of AOL users are comforted by this bomb? wth?

Look it how many of those users feel about the defense budget.

In general, how do you feel about military spending?
It's too little 41%
It's about right 37%
It's too much 22%

41% think it's to little? and 37 think it's just right? Can you say ****ing crazy?

Maybe I should just move to Canada. =|

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
w/e, I don't mind catching flack for liking coldplay, I understand that they're easy to hate (though I don't really know why).

I'm really excited for the new Pearl Jam too, I wasn't a fan of the Fixer (their first single from it) at first, but it's grown on me and I'm hype for the album now.

they still use AOL Aesir, so of course they from the Dark Ages, don't lose faith in Americans just yet.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
<3 modest mouse
especially their extremely random raw home recordings from sad sappy sucker

hay guys ssb is the featured article on wikipedia today! isn't that the second time??

*continues another busy day of seeking employment* :/

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
w/e, I don't mind catching flack for liking coldplay, I understand that they're easy to hate (though I don't really know why).

I'm really excited for the new Pearl Jam too, I wasn't a fan of the Fixer (their first single from it) at first, but it's grown on me and I'm hype for the album now.
I suppose it's when people say **** is so good cause it's played on the radio and it sounds musically intriguing. These are the same people who do nothing but get their bands off the radio, too. It's a shame sir, a shame. I had a fit the other day when I found out that my Billy Joel music was all gone. Thankfully I burned a few CDs for my mom, and it holds most of my favorites, so it's all good!

I will give Coldplay credit for having a good range of musical boundaries within it's genre, but it's nothing to get wet over, is all I'm saying. People that get wet over it... eh.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well, I guess the only thing that irks me about the coldplay hate is that there is a lot of absolute garbage out there that is far more deserving of ire than they. At least they aren't some autotune bull**** where they play the same 3 seconds of music on repeat for 3 minutes and call it a song. Which of course isn't to say that people should necessarily like them, but it just bothers me that a competent band that blows up can draw so much general dislike based (seemingly) on the fact that they managed to be hugely successful.

radio can be fine if it's not just another clear channel station. I wouldn't have discovered Phoenix or Imogen Heap without the radio, so it's not all bad.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Man, I'm so ****ing glad I rewatched Evangelion. Too **** good. Are any of the films worth watching?
uh all of them

Muse - The Resistance
The Killers - Sam's Town
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
Common - Finding Forever
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
The Killers - Sawdust
Passion Pit - Chunk of Change
The Killers - Day & Age
Incubus - Monuments & Melodies
Passion Pit - Manners
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Death Cab for Cutie - We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes
Common - Like Water for Chocolate
Alien Ant Farm - ANThology
The Strokes - Is This It
The Strokes - Room on Fire
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Like Bad News
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Alien Ant Farm - Up in the Attic

I'm really pissed that I forgot to order Uptown Saturday Night by Camp Lo, but I'll get that another time cause there's still so much that I wanna get.
Do you own The Moon & Antarctica?
I approve of a lot of this list :)

speaking of music, my friends' band ****ing slays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44OmhPg77nI

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
uh all of them

Do you own The Moon & Antarctica?
I approve of a lot of this list :)

speaking of music, my friends' band ****ing slays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44OmhPg77nI
Jesus *********ing Christ, I sweat to god I would've bet money that you were swiftbass based on the avatar.

I was like, "but wait, it said Cog made the last post in this thread..." clicked the next page, my head exploded, and then I looked back and this was a Cog Smooch post instead of a Swiftbass post... god**** anime avatars all looking the same...

I do not own The Moon & Antarctica. I ordered those 2 albums because the 4 songs that have drawn me into modest mouse are on those 2 (float on, dashboard, missed the boat, and ocean breaths salty), I take it I should get on The Moon & Antarctica?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I found the new Muse album to be a big let down. The first three songs and the last three songs are legit...the res ot if it is meh. Black Holes and Origin of Symmetry are just toooo good.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx

they still use AOL Aesir, so of course they from the Dark Ages, don't lose faith in Americans just yet.
Meh, I don't think PJ has put out a good album since Riot Act. That's just prog's opinion though.

Mogwai said:
I'm gonna be honest, I'm pretty thrilled with an album if I really like 6 songs on it.
Then you must love Illmatic.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Meh, I don't think PJ has put out a good album since Riot Act. That's just prog's opinion though.
haven't there just been 2 albums since riot act? one of which is backspacer, which isn't even out?

I'll agree to Pearl Jam being a bit shaky starting with Yield (wasn't a fan), but I love their live stuff and Ten is obviously phenomenal. So w/e, I'm hopeful, sue me.

Then you must love Illmatic.
best hip hop album ever made, and I don't even like the rest of Nas's **** :p

so yea, I love it, there isn't a single bad track. Even Midnight Marauders and 36 Chambers have holes in them, Illmatic is really one of a kind.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Jesus *********ing Christ, I sweat to god I would've bet money that you were swiftbass based on the avatar.

I was like, "but wait, it said Cog made the last post in this thread..." clicked the next page, my head exploded, and then I looked back and this was a Cog Smooch post instead of a Swiftbass post... god**** anime avatars all looking the same...
success.

and yeah, I'm black.
I do not own The Moon & Antarctica. I ordered those 2 albums because the 4 songs that have drawn me into modest mouse are on those 2 (float on, dashboard, missed the boat, and ocean breaths salty), I take it I should get on The Moon & Antarctica?
Get on it. Get on it like Darc on Koreans. Get on it like salt on french fries. Something.
Those are really poppy MM songs that you listed so I would suggest listening to those albums and then if you like it, get TM&A. It's more experimental but it's one of the greatest albums of all time. (of all time.)

I'm gonna be honest, I'm pretty thrilled with an album if I really like 6 songs on it.
You need to either buy better albums or like music more XD

Top Bottom