• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I've missed out on the good music from the US in the past 7 or so years. I've listened to more European/Japanese stuff because the US scene (Mostly metal, since that's what I enjoy the most) is rather uncolorful in terms of melodic and rhythmic variety (at least from what I've found). Perhaps some of you could point me in the right direction in terms of either Symphonic or Lighter Metal, or perhaps some decent Rock?

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
nightwish?
I don't even think that's United States based... Lemme list off my metal list...

Blind Guardian
Dark Moor
Demons and Wizards
DragonForce (Very Select Few Songs Here)
Dragonland
Europe (Not very metal, also US, but I'm adding it)
Falconer
Finntroll
Galneryus
Iced Earth
Kamelot
Luca Turilli
Nightwish
Rhapsody (of Fire)
Sonata Arctica
Symphony X
WARMEN
Wuthering Heights

I'm pretty sure I should get some of Muse, just to see what some of their stuff is like. I'm not too much of a guy for screaming, but if it's good musically, it might stick with me (see Finntroll).

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nick I forgot to ask. Does that girl play Melee or Brawl?
She plays both. I thought her how to play Brawl+ Snake, which is basically Brawl Snake, and I would be teaching her melee now, but finals and stuff kinda cut that short.

From what we did play of Melee, she liked Marth.
:3

EDIT: I just saw a trailer for "The Box".

Wtf. They took a single Twilight Zone episode and turned it into a 90 minute movie? Oh lord.
x_x;;
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
good metal?
uhhh
i'm very biased towards Mastodon and Baroness since they're ATL bands.

i guess. i also like firewind and job for a cowboy and the like.
i generally enjoy relapse records artists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relapse_Records_artists

erm, most of these fall pretty far from symphonic/light, actually <_<
my friend went to high school with job for a cowboy lol

I'm very biased towards Mastodon because they're amazing.
holy crap Dave, I love you so much.
(btw are you into "post-rock" at all?)

I'm not too much of a guy for screaming
:(

I really want to get the new Horse the Band.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Jesus *********ing Christ, I swear to god I would've bet money that you were swiftbass based on the avatar.

I was like, "but wait, it said Cog made the last post in this thread..." clicked the next page, my head exploded, and then I looked back and this was a Cog Smooch post instead of a Swiftbass post... god**** anime avatars all looking the same...

just found this

i lol'd

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
From what we did play of Melee, she liked Marth.
:3
My kind of woman.

Meh, Nightwish is like Blind Guardian and all those other elf, dragon, warlords, weird harmonic metal bands. Dragonforce is pretty much a joke. All of their songs sound the exact same. They all sound like Through The Fire And Flames. LOL. Musically they are talented but their vocals are horrific.

<3 Tool, Neurosis, Isis, Undying, Bane, Coalesce, As I Lay Dying, Earth Crisis, Converge, As The Sun Sets, old Slayer, old Metallica, old Iron Maiden, Bullet for my valentines first album, As I lay dyings first album.

Edit-

Mogwai- Yeah, i guess that makes sense but when you are talking about a Muse album i should be loving a good 85% of it since black holes, ambition, and origin of symmetry i can EASILY go through the entire album and love pretty much the entire track list.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Even Midnight Marauders and 36 Chambers have holes in them
I agreed with you until this point. Amazing taste, but seriously, what was a flawed track on MM? Keep It Rollin? And on 36 Chambers? I'd say that almost any Cappadonna verse is 40 seconds of holes.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I agreed with you until this point. Amazing taste, but seriously, what was a flawed track on MM? Keep It Rollin? And on 36 Chambers? I'd say that almost any Cappadonna verse is 40 seconds of holes.
eh, actually, looking back on MM, there aren't any holes exactly, just a few tracks that I didn't feel as much as the others. 8 Million Stories, Keep it Rollin' and Lyrics to Go all come to mind, but when I really think about it, there's nothing wrong with the tracks, I just don't like them that much.

is cappadonna even on 36 chambers at all? I was mostly thinking of Tearz, and the 2nd mix of the 7th chamber, and to a lesser extent Can it be all so Simple, but that one has grown on me a lot over the years.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

X4.
First one I played, I liked it a lot :o.

@Thumbs
Whats funny is that when I read your location, I read it in Nicholas Cage's voice. LOL.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
This post wins. I thought nobody else but me knew about this game. <3 this game. Best soccer game ever. Then Fifa 01 on the PS1.

I think Mega Man X is overrated and its hard to pin it as the best Mega Man. A lot of people ride the SNES so hard its not even funny. The SNES lacked good two player games, period.I can think of about a zillion nes games i'd rather play with a friend than on snes.

Snes only really had fighters. Thats it. Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. The sports games on snes were horrible aside from MLBPA Baseball and nba live 95 and it was pretty much just a system of rpgs.

Mega Man 1-3 on NES, and Mega Man 2 on GB for example.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
eh, actually, looking back on MM, there aren't any holes exactly, just a few tracks that I didn't feel as much as the others. 8 Million Stories, Keep it Rollin' and Lyrics to Go all come to mind, but when I really think about it, there's nothing wrong with the tracks, I just don't like them that much.

is cappadonna even on 36 chambers at all? I was mostly thinking of Tearz, and the 2nd mix of the 7th chamber, and to a lesser extent Can it be all so Simple, but that one has grown on me a lot over the years.
Nah, Cap wasn't on 36, thank U-God. So Mog, the questions:

Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, Ready to Die?
Liquid Swords, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Tical?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
This post wins. I thought nobody else but me knew about this game. <3 this game. Best soccer game ever. Then Fifa 01 on the PS1.

I think Mega Man X is overrated and its hard to pin it as the best Mega Man. A lot of people ride the SNES so hard its not even funny. The SNES lacked good two player games, period.I can think of about a zillion nes games i'd rather play with a friend than on snes.

Snes only really had fighters. Thats it. Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. The sports games on snes were horrible aside from MLBPA Baseball and nba live 95 and it was pretty much just a system of rpgs.

Mega Man 1-3 on NES, and Mega Man 2 on GB for example.
MM Soccer lolol
apparently you've never played a winning eleven/pro evolution soccer game? those are clearly the best soccer games. lol fifa 01

i think MM3 is overrated and you can't have opinions on things without being wrong. *meatrides SNES so hard that it's not funny* the NES lacked incredible RPGs and classic titles and i'm going to ignore the entire console library while i single out a specific aspect, like the lack of an optional 3rd player adapter, which makes the console better.
the NES only really had chiptune music and platformers. Thats it. Doki Doki Panic and Bible Adventures. the puzzle games on the nes were horrible aside from tetris and klax it was pretty much just a system of platformers.

anyway, MMx was one of my favorites owing to things such as being gen x and nostalgia factor.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah while i thoroughly enjoy many classic games, mmx had tech skill... which i really enjoy.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I didn't play it, but I can't imagine that it was anywhere near as bad as 8.

Top Bottom