• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Noodles, no.

If you request not to be on the list, then that is what happens.

Also, he can't make tournaments on Saturdays, only on Sundays... how often do you see tournaments on Sundays? >_>

Edit: Also, about Garrett>Chewman, based on the Power Rankings/ RoM tourny/other stuff no.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Good **** melee kids
I think we should aim to put up brawl PR after icy's tourney
And i also think i should be on the panel instead of MD >_>

noodles

Smash Champion
Noodles, no.

If you request not to be on the list, then that is what happens.
thats only what happens if the panelists decides not put the person there. if cort decided to say he didnt wanna be on the rankings, would that mean hes not the best in ct?

Also, he can't make tournaments on Saturdays, only on Sundays... how often do you see tournaments on Sundays? >_>
i didnt mention anything about where he would be on the list. but even if he was consistent and entered tournaments just because he says he doesnt want to be on it, doesnt mean we shouldnt put him on there. it makes the list inaccurate

Edit: Also, about Garrett>Chewman, based on the Power Rankings/ RoM tourny/other stuff no.
garrett should stop getting last at everything >_<

edit:jake i forgot to edit you on there

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Noodles, get on aim so we can sort this out.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
previous ranking is pretty much not a valid metric for doing rankings. I still think Chewman is better, but I think previous rankings is bad criteria.

The only reason I didn't feel like arguing Jam's omission from the list more is that his inability to attend Saturday tournies makes him effectively inactive by most standards. *shrugs*

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Connecticut Power Rankings
-3/18/09-
Panelists: Spawn, Mogwai, Aesir, DarkDragoon
Mission Statement: To create a healthy competitive environment in Connecticut which will help inspire players to get progressively better over time.

- 1. Cort (1)
2. SPAWN (5)
3. Mogwai (N/A)
4. Trademark (N/A)
5. Mike$ (11)
6. Budai578 (10)
7. awsmsean (15)
- 8. Icylight (N/A)
9. JV Smooth (6)
10. ErciChewman (14)
Yeah, that list is a crock. Why? I won't say anything but I can think of plenty of people in CT who deserve to be on that list that are not. However, you won't have everyone agree and I guess I'll have to be one of those people. Carry on.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
What about the list is bad?

Also, Noodles, I just changed my post slightly... just changed 2 of the arrows to -'s. Want to change that please?

Trade you didn't get voted off, I tried reaching you for like 30 secs and you didn't pick up, wtf.

_V_

Smash Ace
As I stated before, there are a handful of people in CT way better than most people on that list and just do not play...which is why they should not be on the list!

The list looks completely accurate to me, I stalk tourney results when I know CTers go, I saw the RR results...other than that the only person on the list I haven't played is Mogwai, but his placement was easy after the past few tournies and that ridiculous MM, lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
/pleases PoF after aim convo

I'm glad it's V approved. Don't know what would have happened if it wasn't. :o

Also, if you have any questions at all about placings etc... be sure to ask! They will be answered.

_V_

Smash Ace
:) Haha you'd better be happy!

In all honesty, if you guys keep having tri-weekly RR's and there is at least 1 tournament a month that most people can make (ie in CT, MA, RI, NY) then you can update these MONTHLY, like we had always planned!

Just makes you all want to get better...hell yeah competition.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah, that list is a crock. Why? I won't say anything but I can think of plenty of people in CT who deserve to be on that list that are not. However, you won't have everyone agree and I guess I'll have to be one of those people. Carry on.
o.o Plenty of people, sure, but we only have 10 slots.

:3 And I wasn't saying previous ranking was a good criteria, I was just saying that Chewy was good and is getting better & given the omissions made to the list and the lack of someone really stepping up and over Chewy in terms of skill/experience/tournament rankings, he is just a natural fit for 10.

-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
If you guys really want to put me on the list, I don't mind. I told Spawn to remove me since I thought my inclusion was essentially a wasted spot, given that I can't go to Saturday tournaments anymore (and the only one-day Sunday tournament this year was thrown by me).

I don't have any philosophical problems with the PR; I just didn't want to bump someone off who would obviously be more active than me in the coming months.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
If you guys really want to put me on the list, I don't mind. I told Spawn to remove me since I thought my inclusion was essentially a wasted spot, given that I can't go to Saturday tournaments anymore (and the only one-day Sunday tournament this year was thrown by me).

I don't have any philosophical problems with the PR; I just didn't want to bump someone off who would obviously be more active than me in the coming months.
True, but you are still an ACTIVE smasher and you participated in the RR and your own tournament. I think NOW....you should be on. You definitely deserve it. If you continue to host your own tournies and place well or good enough or whatever...I believe you should stay on...but if you don't.....well then you won't be on.

WTF at me not being a panelist? LOL I play EVERYONE in CT (trade, spawn, aesir, icylight, noodles, mike$, mogwai, budai, silas, brookman, DD, chewman,) and definitely travel the most within CT to play people.

Aesir

Smash Master
We already have enough, trade is still a panelist he just wasn't present during this panel lol.

I'd like to keep the panelist at an odd number just in case controversy arises we can deal with it easier.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I don't know about monthly. Every 2 months sounds reasonable to me. I don't really know though, we'll have to see.

If it was monthly, it'd be cool to have it at the end/beginning of each month so that's what'd end up happening.

Edit: Noodles you messed up:

3/18/09
11/12/06
11/22/06
12/12/06
01/25/07
03/09/07
09/03/07

3/18/09 should be last lol.

This is just for my own entertainment:

Intervals between power rankings: 10 days, 20 days, 44 days, 43 days, 178 days, 561 days LOL

Edit: Looking at old rankings is depressing. :(

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Trade you didn't get voted off, I tried reaching you for like 30 secs and you didn't pick up, wtf.
phone was on silent johns
As I stated before, there are a handful of people in CT way better than most people on that list and just do not play...which is why they should not be on the list!
i'm callin you out on this one. who are u talkin about? besides brookman no one fits ur statement. unless i'm misreading ur interpretation of the word "most"
WTF at me not being a panelist? LOL I play EVERYONE in CT (trade, spawn, aesir, icylight, noodles, mike$, mogwai, budai, silas, brookman, DD, chewman,) and definitely travel the most within CT to play people.
i'm calling you out on this one as well. u dont travel more than me, in or oos. no one in this state does. maybe mogwai cuz he plays with philly cats. even so, playing ppl isnt enuff to be a panelist. most ppl dont really think when organizing lists because all they do is say ppl and give a dumb reason why they should be there, usually x player ***** me harder than y player and i'm not gonna remember that y player ***** z (top ranked player) while x plyer got 3 stocked twice. list is fine

cort - obvious
spawn - beat qdvs and a few months back beat ppl others in ct couldnt
mogwai - beat sklr recently
trademark - beat jfox and for like a solid half year placed decently, won MMs worth mentioning, took colbol to game 3 (sry for failing u spawn :()
mike - doesnt really enter tourneys much but has gained respect from every smasher in the region, helped me beat scar/hax in teams, did well vs big d besides that SD :(
budai - goes away for a long time and comes back and does good things (spawn back in the day, sklr, sean)
sean - alukard i think was his biggest win.
icy light -from what i heard did a gj at dont get grabbed
jv smooth - always a competitor and did decent at last RRs
chewman - better track record than the remainders and from what i hear is **** in teams

jam stunna - if he requested not to be on it, then he wont be on it. i dont see why this is even in discussion

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
i'm calling you out on this one as well. u dont travel more than me, in or oos. no one in this state does. maybe mogwai cuz he plays with philly cats. even so, playing ppl isnt enuff to be a panelist.
Philly is not far from Stamford......at all.

I drive to Noodles, your place, mogwais, brookmans, alex's, aesirs, spawns, PC Chris's more than you do, I went both days to ROM, MM, I HOST tournaments, I've been to all of Jams tournaments, every single esticle since i've joined this community, and I play Brawl with people in Hamden.

You know nothing. You travel more out of state than I do...I agree with that, but I definitely travel and drive more in state than you ever will.

noodles

Smash Champion
based on....?

noodles, you've played me once, like a while ago. I definitly do better against other people than garrett.
eh i just think hes better. i wasnt really being fair when i decided to say that, seeing you were rusty. when i played you
What about the list is bad?

Also, Noodles, I just changed my post slightly... just changed 2 of the arrows to -'s. Want to change that please?

ill fix it
I don't know about monthly. Every 2 months sounds reasonable to me. I don't really know though, we'll have to see.

If it was monthly, it'd be cool to have it at the end/beginning of each month so that's what'd end up happening.

Edit: Noodles you messed up:

3/18/09
11/12/06
11/22/06
12/12/06
01/25/07
03/09/07
09/03/07

3/18/09 should be last lol.

This is just for my own entertainment:

Intervals between power rankings: 10 days, 20 days, 44 days, 43 days, 178 days, 561 days LOL

Edit: Looking at old rankings is depressing. :(
ok, how do i make the dates line up? i did it once but i havent been able to again :(
nvm fixed it, had to put a 0 before the 3

cogsmooch he actually goes to tournys often. i think the last one was dont get grabbed

_V_

Smash Ace
Brookman, Lock, Pipe, ZK, _milktea, Shminkledorf and Nus is basically who I meant. MallSanta as well, actually, and Cort has a few more friends that just do not do tournaments even though they are good. One of them beat PC once hahaha (Mario64Master? Or something).

For all we know GoldShadow is nasty too, hahaha, has anyone actually ever played him?

OH DUH Nesskid...and JC is probably still decent too.

But, like I said, it doesn't matter because none of them care. Except I think Dorf is starting to play again :)

Remember when Dorf beat Wife...with FALCO...HAHAHA

Edit//And Trade...where did ZK go?!?!?! :(:(

Oh and what happen to <3 and Hazzy?

I think I named almost everyone to ever play smash (since I started playing) in this post...that was really my goal :p

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Lol nah, I 4 stocked goldshadow over and over.
And V, my goal is to pass trademark on that list whoo.
watch out son, I'm comin

But seriously guys, time for me to make a serious post, and when that happens you know its srs.

#1. Pocky have you ever even been to CT. I 'm being totally honest if you have 0 connections to CT just stop spamming the ranking thread at least. Seriously.

#2. PoF

Not everyone who maybe deserves to be a panelist needs or can be a panelist. I'll be totally honest, I don't think trademark was the best idea for a panelist because of crew bias. Intentional or unintentional it's gonna be there. AND, stop getting angry on the **** boards about EVERYTHING. It's a fuxxing power ranking, if you think you're better than people on the list prove that you are better than people on that list.

#3. Noodles - If jam doesn't want to be a part of the rankings, I don't understand why you think he doesn't have to. It's no different then going into any other tournament without being "officially" ranked, people won't know how good you are, but people'll start to pick up on it after playing you.

#4. People who thought previous ranking mattered - ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

#5. Trade - Stop having epeen flailing fights with PoF. They are seriously annoying.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
#1. Pocky have you ever even been to CT. I 'm being totally honest if you have 0 connections to CT just stop spamming the ranking thread at least. Seriously.
Pocky is one of my best friends from back in the day. He has been to CT for VLS and a smashfest at my house at least. Also, his posts here are hardly spam, they are just discussing the decision to leave Jam off the power rank which is perfectly legit. Seriously.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Nesskid is still insanely good and I can see him beating half of the people on that PR list. LOL I played him like two weeks ago and his IC's were still incredibly amazing. I was able to still beat him and dominate but his YL is incredible and give him about a month and he'll destroy CT.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Brookman, Lock, Pipe, ZK, _milktea, Shminkledorf and Nus is basically who I meant. MallSanta as well, actually, and Cort has a few more friends that just do not do tournaments even though they are good. One of them beat PC once hahaha (Mario64Master? Or something).

For all we know GoldShadow is nasty too, hahaha, has anyone actually ever played him?

OH DUH Nesskid...and JC is probably still decent too.
*Memories start crashing in*

Man, I miss JC and Justin. I haven't seen Justin since CTCon, and JC in like, years.

Like I said, I was just trying to be helpful. If it's more helpful to the rest of CT to put me on the list, go for it. I really don't mind either way.

_V_

Smash Ace
Haha *memories* <3 I played Jam at like the first 387648327 tournaments in CT we both went to.

I totally understand your thoughts on not being on the list...the fact that you aren't on it won't effect how hard to play anyway. I know you, and you'll continue to play and get better regardless of the PR's :)

Justin's Pikachu is nice too...at least vs us spacies. So if Justin still plays, I am sure Lock still plays.

_V_

Smash Ace
Ahh! A challenge >_>

We have to play now...you will wreck me, but I must defend the honor of old CTers! You use that bird character :( He is no fun...oh wait, you could use any character in the game and I still wouldn't know what to do hehe

_V_

Smash Ace
Hehe, well I can only use Fox...

I just picked up Luigi a few weeks ago when I touched my GC controller again. I use teh Puffzors and GaW too. At one point my DK was beating Mike Brookman consistently...you know cuz we had just driven pack from Pound 2, got stuck in traffic, and moved 3 miles in 4 hours (I counted :))

Fox vs Falco it is! $1 MM best of 5? For the honor of us old farts <(o.o)b

Top Bottom