• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connectidots Results - Wallingford, CT - Sept 25th

HOG

Smash Cadet
Singles:
1. SwiftBass (split $52.50)
2. MattDotZeb (split $52.50)
3. Noodles ($21)
4. Awsmsean ($15)
5. Kupo ($9)
5. Mafia ($9)
7. Crazy Cloud
7. Brookman
9. Shadowball
9. Milk Bird
9. Strawhats
9. Joe
13. Zebra
13. Clone King
13. Duo
29. Banks

Doubles:
1. Hi Gil/MattDotZeb + Irish Mafia ($24)
2. Crazy Kupo/Crazy Cloud + Kupo ($16)
3. Swift Prawn/Swiftbass + Prawn
4. Zebras on a Boat/Zebra + Strawhats

$1 Low Tier:
1. Mafia ($6)
2. MattDotZeb
3. Kupo
4. Zebra
5. Strawhats
5. Clone King

despite the short notice, there was a solid crowd and we had a good time. GUYS we have a solid venue(pics coming soon along with a thread by Swiftbass and Mattdotzeb) and Hall of gaming is ready and willing to provide a great environment for smash in general both brawl and melee. THE NEXT EVENT WILL BE ON NOV 13TH. more details about that later in the thread coming up.

It would be great if we had some more regulars show up and play. We have lots of space and the venue is only 5 bucks. Connecticut is free in melee right? So show up and not let Swiftbass and Mattdotzeb split in GF.

Anyways good games. Thank to everyone for showing up.

Also, there is a subway with a drive thru about 20 feet away.

See you guys at the next one, and next weekend in Framingham, Massachusetts!
Mass Madness 22 <- click

-SwiftBass and MattDotZeb

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I'll do shout-outs tomorrow/later tonight. Getting ready to go out.

But how hype was Clone King vs Milkbird? Best set in the tourney imo, too bad no one will ever see it again.

Super quick edit

Nov. 13th?!!? Why sooooooo far...

Banks

Smash Hero
I DIDN'T EVEN GO
lol zeb >_>, i realize it's a joke but i'd rather not look like i suck ***

[i guess people should know it's not possible to place 29th]

i will go to the next one of these

strawhats

Smash Master
good **** everyone...

shoutouts: mattdotzeb for being a bro and holding it down at this tourney. Low tiers was epic.

mafia: soo legit man. Very cool kid, and your peach is ****, also you doesn't afraid of anything.

Swift: for being so legit and pwning me with falco and falcon. You're to good.

zebra: too legit in teams today man....btw 3 MIDDLECHILDREN in a van.

prawn: your puff is pretty ****

Crazy Cloud: man you're falco is hella fast...good ****

Tom: mad chill

shadowball: sorry i never got to really play you.

kupo: really good ganon man.

eggm and nando: kinda sad you guys didnt show up.

Cort: where u at?

GGs everyone.

Prawn

Smash Master
ggs to everyone i played

maybeh picking up puff and melee seriously now who knows

S l o X

Smash Champion
I could've won money here fo' sho. Took 1st with ease. Big E johns.

When's the next CT tourney? I plan on taking top 3.

Good ish to CC / Noodles. Mafia taking the world by storm with his [insert low tier character played probably not kirby because of that one time].

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
good stuff to mattdotsecond and the irish fifthia

Singles:
1. SwiftBass (split $52.50)- I will get you.
2. MattDotZeb (split $52.50)- I might get you too. Stop reading my dsmashes.
3. Noodles ($21)- We didn't play :(
4. Awsmsean ($15)- Falcooooonnnnnnnnnn. I need to learn fox for that matuchup
5. Kupo ($9)- 2222good
5. Mafia ($9) - step that **** up
7. Crazy Cloud- mad good in teams, can't wait to see what you/kupo do in the future
7. Brookman- fun matches, nice fox. I just got ko'd from the tournament when we played, so i wasn't in prime form, but i do look forward to playing you some other time
9. Shadowball- A lot of improvement since the last time we've played. focus on the advice mdz gave you.
9. Milk Bird- LOL good stuff
9. Strawhats- fun times, nice mario
9. Joe- really nice looking fox.
13. Zebra- Nice to see local players coming along. Keep it up.
13. Clone King- THECLONEEEEEKINGGGGGGG
13. Duo- we played, like, 1 match lol.
29. Banks- Didn't think you'd lose to 2 pichus, get it together banks

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
DM Mike - Was really cool talking with you today. I'm looking forward to more tournaments at HOG, and it's cool to meet someone who cares about the smash community. Thanks for letting me borrow your lighter for the whole day hahaha.

SloX - Be proud, I didn't forget to jump today :laugh:.

Kupo (Matt) - Awesome in teams. Are you going to Mass Madness next weekend? We outta team, even though I don't know how I'm getting there yet <_<. I'll figure it outtt.

Strawhats - You got better since we played two weeks ago :O. You're not unnecessarily staying in your shield as much as the last time I played you, which is good. Work on your spacing with Marth, and being able to chain-grab spacies better. Use a spaced dtilt to edgeguard instead of fsmash, when you can. Less lag and comparatively, you won't get punished as often when you whiff/screw up the edgeguard w/ dtilt. Obviously you wouldn't wanna dtilt against illusion.

Zebra - I didn't get to teach you Jiggs =(. You're a blast to play. It's like playing 8 years ago, all kinds of random stuff happens xD. Thanks for offering me a ride today :D, you're an awesome guy. Wavedash -> Ftilt with Luigi. Do it. You'll win the big money like we talked about last week lol.

SwiftBass - We've gotta do like, 20 friendlies next tournament we're both at. I learn so much by playing against you. Good **** in doubles, and paying me back in singles. You ***** my Falco so hard. Game 5 in Doubles Loser's finals was soooooooooooooo crazy. Congrats on getting first in singles!

MattDotZeb - Thanks for offering me a ride today :D. Awesome tournament, and sorry for texting you on accident this evening x_x. You're really funny. Congrats on getting second in singles, and first in doubles.

Noodles - Don't know :(

Awsmsean - I hate CF -_-. I don't know how to get out of the tech chase w/ Falco, that's why I went Jiggs. Your CF and Luigi are legit, all close games in that set. You're on my list, along with "The Morgue", to win next time in tourney.

Irish Mafia - You're probably the funniest person I've met in the smash scene. I couldn't even play when we were doing doubles friendlies I was laughing so hard xD. We've gotta get some 1v1 singles at MM if I can get there Saturday. "Don't worry, I got this" :laugh:. Congrats on winning doubles.

Prawn - Thanks for rooting for me in singles~ xD. I almost won against Awsmsean thanks to you. There'll be more to smoke next time, promise lol.

Crazy Cloud - Shout outs to myself. I'm proud of myself for doing so good. First Loser's & Grand Finals I've ever made it to. Even if we did get 3-0'd in GF. Making money is awesome :D. That $8 is going towards that Skyline I'm getting in 20 years lol.

Brookman - Don't know :(

Shadowball - Pretty sure you're the Black Marth, Green Fox I beat in loser's singles. Don't get so frustrated, people yell during exciting matches like Clone King vs Milkbird. Sorry you hate me and Falco lol. For what it's worth, I saw you use Sheik against Zebra prior to our set, and you seemed better with her than Marth and Fox. I don't know why you didn't use her <_<.

Joe - Don't know :(

Clone King - I played some friendlies with you at VLS, but not today :(.

Duo - Don't know :(

Sorry about the girl that came with me and milkbird. I knew she'd have a bad time, but she insisted on coming anyways. The first and last time, promise lol.

See you guys (hopefully) at Mass Madness :D

Prawn

Smash Master
this tourny was def a lot of fun and im gonna keep going to melee tournies and maybe enter singles one day :o

kupo15

Smash Hero
Swift: After seeing you on the boards a bunch, it was so great to finally play you lol. Amazing fox. I totally need to learn how to deal with pressure from fast characters. I'll prove to you at some point that Ganon marth is even haha. Good stuff in team matches. It will be remembered ;)

Matt: Nice tourney and what an amazing falco/falcon. I knew I should have said no to FD Falco just by the way you asked for it lol

Noodles: not sure

Awsmsean: Wish you didn't quit out after I pulled a 60% two hit combo (with one move mwahaha) not even a second into our friendly lol. Anyway I wished I played you more but hopefully I will get the chance to in the future

Mafia: I for sure thought I wouldn't get destroyed by anymore peaches after last time but I'm glad I can at least go even with you now. What an amazing peach and the way you use those turnips and stuff. I really felt like that I was fighting Mafia and not peach which is really cool. Thanks for all the advice and know that you won't win anymore MMs from me ;)

Crazy Cloud: "Ready. GO!"
**Jiggs has one less stock** Oh boy D:
lol anyway great teaming with you. Fsmash>rest ; your 2v1 comeback ; upmost rollout kills ; Its hard to remember all the "crazy" things you did that were amazing lol. I'm sure we will team up again and **** more now that we are understanding how to work together. I'm looking forward to some **** team destructions haha (PS, we need a better team name ><)

Brookman: not sure

Shadowball: I hate sheik and thanks for a good scare on my first singles match lol. Keep it up.

Milk bird: not sure

Strawhats: It was great to finally play you as well. You have a nice marth just be wary of always doing a get up attack lol

Joe: not sure

Zebra: Nice matches/ Luigi was a nice change of pace

Clone King: not sure

Duo: Not sure

Prawn

Smash Master
kupo sorry if i seemed like i was getting aggravated when we were friendlying jiggs v ganon is annoyin lol

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Agree'd with Prawn. Jiggs v Ganon is one of my least favorite match-ups.

Jiggs + Ganon is **** though.

@Kupo

I might not be the best partner you could have. But I'm definitely the most surprising (for better, and for worse). That's gotta count for something :laugh:.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
new thread for next tourney will be up tommorrow.

thanks for mah shoutouts and stuff and thanks everyone for coming out. I KNOW that we wil have more ppl next time and that this series will grow.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
This was such a fun tourney despite the turnout. I can't wait to see you folks again!!!
Agreed.
I haven't had that much fun at a tournament in a while.

yea i just didnt feel like going
Mad homo
I DIDN'T EVEN GO
lol zeb >_>, i realize it's a joke but i'd rather not look like i suck ***

[i guess people should know it's not possible to place 29th]

i will go to the next one of these
After I saw this post I went to edit and... I couldn't.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
gotta say, some of the funniest things i've seen happen in tournament have happened in teams with crazy cloud

protip btw: random rests on double fox aren't great planning, especially when the both lazer and do you zero to 59 in like 2 seconds

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
1. SwiftBass : I don't think we played.
2. MattDotZeb: Good time chilling and talking to you. I may leave Marth by the wayside. we should get in some games next time. also gotta PM you I found a possible venue for a W.MA tourny for your circut.
3. Noodles: I don't think we played
4. Awsmsean: I didn't play you, but I saw that sexy *** falcon and weegee. your falcon looks a lot like mine but twice as fast lmao
5. Kupo: you were the Ganon player right? lol thanks for one of the most fun and intense sets I've ever played. next time I'm banning brinstar you might not get so lucky. ;)
5. Mafia: one of these days we'll play in tourny with no sandbagging from either of us. fun friendlies as always :psycho:
7. Crazy Cloud: I don't hate you, I hate Falco. I dk why I went Marth because my homo prince was mad crappy that day >_<; my fox is inconsistant but I was hoping for a wildcard. I don't have enough confidence in my sheik against falco i dk. I need a falco to spar with regularly I don't have any timing against him. and you screaming stuff about another match in the middle of game 2(?) is what upset me. i felt disrespected :ohwell:
7. Brookman: I don't think we played.
9. Shadowball: great job not getting dead last this time.
9. Milk Bird: I Don't think we played.
9. Strawhats: I Don't think we played.
9. Joe: I Don't think we played.
13. Zebra: that luigi surprised me. gg'z. you're also the first person to ever call my Mew2 "****". I didn't know it had become something that deserved that title...
13. Clone King: 10 hours of friendlies it felt like... which is probably why I only played like half the people there. not your fault i tend to get compfy @ a T.V. and not move.
13. Duo :Thanks for getting us lost lol. like I said, mapquest is a joke, google maps is where it's @

Also I'm pretty upset about missing the low teir thing. thanks Duo :(

kupo15

Smash Hero
gotta say, some of the funniest things i've seen happen in tournament have happened in teams with crazy cloud

protip btw: random rests on double fox aren't great planning, especially when the both lazer and do you zero to 59 in like 2 seconds
LOL that was the most epic thing I've ever seen! And what is ganon supposed to do to wake her up with that wicked jab hahaha

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
especially when they both lazer and do you zero to 59 in like 2 seconds
Oh man lol, I'm like

Half :rotfl:, cause it was the coolest punish to a missed rest I've ever seen.
Half :crying:, cause it was me that it happened to hahaha.

Shadowball - Sorry about that xD. I was yelling at milkbird vs cloneking, cause I didn't want milkbird to get eliminated without a win lol.

Protip: With Fox, you can break out of Falco's Dthrow "chaingrab" by shining.

which mafia blurted out at the time, that ******* lol

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero

That was ****ing hilarious

Top Bottom