• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
12/1/09: I WILL BE USING AZEN'S LATE ARRIVAL RULE: BE SURE TO COME EARLY. IF YOU SIGN UP AFTER 11:30AM, YOU WILL BE CHARGED AN EXTRA $2! This is to encourage people to sign up early so we can start on time!

11/22/09: I wanna host a tournament on December 5th. Who's down? I'll be using a slightly different rule set this time!

These happen every once in a while

I'm gonna need all the set ups I can get so please tell me if you can bring a set up :) If you are the first of 4 people to tell me they're bringing a set up get venue fee off one event. If you bring a set up after the first 4 people, tough luck!

Gamecubes:
1. Connor
2. PsychoMidget
3. MacD
4. Stabbedbyanipple
5. SENG

Tvs:
1. Connor
2. Connor
3. PsychoMidget
4. MacD
5. Stabbedbyanipple
6. SENG

Cell phone: #1-714-725-2902

Date: 12/5/09

Categories: Singles and Doubles.

Where: 12681 Aspenwood Ln Garden Grove CA 92840
Time: 11:00am-11pm (Venue Opens for casuals 10:30 am)

Teams : Start: 12:00pm - 3:30pm (Sign-ups start 11:00am)

Singles: 3:30pm-8:00pm

HOW MUCH MONEY YOU NEED TO BRING:
Entry Fee: $5 Singles, $10 per Team
Venue Fee: $2

ATTENTION: THIS TOURNAMENT WILL START AT 12PM!

Prize:
Singles:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot
(If attendance is below 15, the payout will be:
-1st: 50%
-2nd: 30%
-3rd: 20%)

Teams:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot
(If attendance is low (below 8 teams) the payout will be:
-1st: 70%
-2nd: 30%

TOURNAMENT RULES
:

* Stage Striking is in effect and first person to strike is decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* With the exception of Winner/Loser/Grand Finals - best of 5 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned even though it's funny.
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.
* Masterhand is banned
* WOBBLING IS BANNED FOREVER

- Neutral Stages -

* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield

- Counterpick Stages -

* All neutral stages
* Fountain of Dreams
* Yoshi's Story
* Pokemon Stadium
* Kongo Jungle

- Banned Stages -

* Mute City
* Corneria
* Pokefloats
* Hyrule Temple
* Flat Zone
* Yoshi's Island
* Brinstar Depths
* Four Side
* Big Blue
* Yoshi's Island 64
* Mushroom Kingdom I
* Great Bay
* Fountain of Dreams (Doubles)
* Mushroom Kingdom II
* Green Greens
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise

Info:
- if you can bring some set ups please let me know.

-Please bring your controllers (Use wavebirds at your own risk) and MARK THEM

-All seeded players will be accounted for. We are using a NEW version of TIO which has most of it's bugs fixed and runs a lot more smoothly! So seeding won't take too long anymore.

-If you bring stuff (TVs,Wiis, Laptops, ect.) They are YOUR responsibility! I will not be held responsible for you leaving your stuff at the tourney. I have 50+ ppl yelling in my ear for 7 hours straight. I wont be able to keep track of your stuff. So if you lose something in the end too bad it's YOUR problem. I also wont be wasting time and money sending things to ppl who leave their stuff

-If you're gonna be late call me and i'll add you to the slots, and see if I can hold you off till you arrive. Please arrive ON TIME.

HOUSE RULES:
-No alcohol or drugs of any kind
-Please keep cussing to a minimum.
-Please keep noise level to a minimum.
-NO SHOES ARE TO BE WORN IN THE HOUSE, ONLY THE GARAGE.
-Please keep in mind, it will be in a house, respect that. Try not to mess up or take anything there. Please don't come drunk or high. If someone gets too rowdy or violent I WILL KICK YOU OUT

IMPORTANT:
-NOBODY IS ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE UNLESS TO USE THE RESTROOM. PLEASE ASK ME PERSONALLY TO USE THE RESTROOM.
-Please stay out of the grass in the backyard, I don't want people stepping on my mom's plants
--Don't be a jerk and steal anything from me or my family. If I find that something is missing, I won't be hosting anymore of these.

There is plenty of food places around my area. Harbor Blvd has a myriad of food places such as KFC, McDonalds, El Pollo Loco, etc.:laugh:

Sleepy

Smash Ace
have fun dudes, I would request to make it, but I scheduled to have a small smashfest on friday also. If you have another I think I'll try to make it though.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
I THINK I'll TRY

lmao that's worse than me.
I have a job dude, and the schedule isn't set every week. So i have to know pretty well in advance. Besides, if anyone decides to come over, on friday, I don't want to say hey, I'm going to something more important (and be a flake to them). I knew about this after I wrote in the 626 thread. I just have to know in advance, at least like a week or so, and I still have to ask for work off, so it's not like I can just go to everything. I skip a lot of tourneys because saturdays I work because everyone else wants off. If I want a saturday off, I need 2 weeks.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
braces and glasses are great for hs girls but then once they get older its like wtf ur not a kid take them off

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
ugh 4's an inconvenience. i was just gonna be in the area so 3 was perfect. now i have to wait around for an hour doing nothing or just go home.

dunno if i'm still going lmao

xBoNeSaWx

Smash Rookie
Hey Connor your house is just about the same distance from me as P's, I just looked it up, and since P is going to be busy today do you mind if go over your place for some practice? I should be able to make it by around 4 or so because of work. Oh ya and I can take a cube if you want.

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
if ur gonna be in the irvine area around 3 call me, we can prob smash at my friends place til connor gets back. 949-228-0062

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
im probably not gonna be the one driving.. ill ask my friend if its cool with him

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
**** you Connor, i would go if i didnt have to work OVertime.

Top Bottom