• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Consider Online play when you first get your copy

Cosmonaut213

Smash Rookie
Will you play Online when the game first comes out?

I thought to myself and my friend brought up this really good statement

Considering the company's lack of online gaming experience, we expect hundreds of thousands of gamers attempting to connect at the same time and the service going kaput. Even Microsoft, online extraordinaire, didn't account for the overwhelming number of consumers that logged onto Xbox Live during the holidays, thus rendering the service inoperable.
I am not shooting online capabilities but this is a a valid concern and I think I may wait a while until the traffic dies down and hopefully nintendo will fix this problem...

anyone else want to discuss this or shoot it down?

aaron123

Smash Cadet
It's very possible that, because of the problems occurring during the launch of the Japanese version, that Nintendo has anticipated/fixed the problem for US servers.

I could be wrong, though. :)

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
yes we all hope you are wrong lol but other than that yes i cant wait
i think i will play it online after i get the hang of the players or maybe i will just wait until i bet SSE or if i can get a match against SniperOwl from youtube lol

but off topic i need help with my Lan Adapter dose anyone know how to connect it to a 2002 hard drive i know its old but is still useful but the problem is that i use a high speed moteum.... in short the thing is not working right for me and i need help lol so can some one pm me what to do?

dotxhideki

Smash Rookie
I doubt the servers would go down. I don't think everyone in the U.S. will go straight for the online. Some people will probably play the SSE first (I know I will), while others might play with some local buddies.

We'll just have to wait and see.

MeleeFan25

Smash Cadet
couldnt stand when that happened when i first played live on the time of christmas vacation, but i hope when it comes out in america, that the issue is just a little problem, not a big one like reported for the european version of the game

Cosmonaut213

Smash Rookie
i know I hope I am wrong as well... I am looking forward to the Online feature...I just hope nintendo is prepared for this sort of thing. Ugh..I can remember the Christmas Nightmare when Xbox live crashed on the last holiday season and online play was inoperable for a couple of days... I brace though I got my friends to play with and also SSE will keep me busy.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Well, yeah, I considered online play almost as soon as I got Brawl. It's pretty laggy... mostly when there are 4 players. Hopefully, 1v1 FC matches will be better.

madcow3000ca

Smash Rookie
I'll play online at a later date since I'd have to unlock characters in the game first.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Hmm interesting I didn't even think about that no matter I stall shall play online first thing. Pwn the n00bs :) as I've tucked several hours under my belt. :)

gringo66

Smash Journeyman
I am not shooting online capabilities but this is a a valid concern and I think I may wait a while until the traffic dies down and hopefully nintendo will fix this problem...

anyone else want to discuss this or shoot it down?
well its not a problem that needs adressed because it hasnt occurred yet. although it is possible, i dont think that it will happen. or atleast let me say, i hope not. anyways, ill probably play online after i beat sse or something or after i get a feel for the game.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm not playing online until I get all characters and stages. I like spoiling people ^.^

In all serious though, online is one of those awesome features I'm going to use a lot but not just as I get it. I wanna create some retro stages from ssb64/melee and some other games.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
xbox live went down over the holidays because it got hacked right, not because of an influx of gamers all getting disappointed by halo 3.

well either way i wouldnt worry, but i would keep it in the bak of my mind that it can, and will eventually, go down 4 awhile. that way u wont b thrown into a fit of rage when it occurs.

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to convince my brothers to not go online before unlocking every character - I don't care much for stages. I'll definitely use online a lot when my brothers get bored, though.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo isn't perfect, so I would say it's possible. But w/e, that's just me.

I actually plan to do 4 versus modes with my bros (avoiding unlocking Ness), beat SSE, and then I'll see where to go from there ;).

InSaNiTy

Smash Cadet
Nintendo isn't perfect, so I would say it's possible. But w/e, that's just me.

I actually plan to do 4 versus modes with my bros (avoiding unlocking Ness), beat SSE, and then I'll see where to go from there ;).
nintendo isnt perfect!!?!?!?

NOES! :laugh:

Swil

Smash Apprentice
Well when I get the game I plan to speed run through SSE as fast as I can, and unlock any other easy characters, and then jump into online play.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
I doubt I'll even try online until I get all characters and stages and beat SSE. Even then, I plan to practice quite a bit with certain characters before rushing online with them.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
wait, why are you avoiding unlocking Ness? <.<;
Because I'm so wimpy at this game and I just don't think I could ever beat him in a match to unlock him :urg:

j/k Seriously though, me and my bro just wanna make it smooth so that when we are ready to Brawl till atrophy overtakes us we'll have all the characters unlocked. :chuckle:

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
I dunno, it's definitely a possibility. But really, who is stupid enough to go online before even getting the basics down for their character? I'm hoping when the US version releases, online won't be crowded, and players will just slowly filter into it. As for me, I'm going to spend exactly a week getting good with my main (Pit) before I even think of going online.

Top Bottom