• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Considering switching from Falcon. Need some advice.

Mariokartmoney

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mariokartmoney
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I've been a CF main for as long as I've been playing Smash. PM is by far my favorite Smash game and I've been maining Falcon since 3.0 and I've noticed constant improvements in my overall skill. I finally learned to moonwalk, my SHFFL has improved drastically as well as my L-cancelling ability in general, and my edgeguarding skills have also seen a bit of improvement. Recently though, I've improved with a few other characters along with Falcon: Luigi, Samus, and Marth. While I'm not NEARLY as potent with Luigi or Samus than I am with Falcon, I seem to have some prowess with the Hero-King. I can just flow really well with him and comboing doesn't feel like as much of a chore as it does with CF. My spacing game's also pretty decent and I can land tippers fairly reliably, plus Marth is making matchups that were hard for me as Falcon a breeze (Mainly Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Zelda). I also noticed some glaring problems with my Falcon (I'm terrible at acting OOS and playing defensively in general with him) but I feel I just have this momentum with him that I can't replicate with Marth and I always do better against heavyweights with Falcon than Marth. Any advice on what I should do? Thanks!

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, having a pocket marth isn't uncommon among falcon mains (myself included). Both have a good dash dance, tech chase game, etc. I feel that marth definitely has an easier time in the spacie matchup, while falcon exceeds at comboing floatier characters.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm almost entirely giving up Marth for Falcon in this patch. Only a few CP situations am I considering Marth anymore. If you get good enough, Falcon can take you pretty far in 3.5.

Top Bottom