• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console to Emulater Controls

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Today I played on console in a long, long time, and man was I missing out. It's a lot funner, no frustration due to lag (duh), and controls are simply the best. Whats odd though is I can short hop double lasers with fox very consistently on console, but on Emulator (even offline) I'd be lucky to do it at will.

Do you guys think I need to configure it specifically? I've already tinkered with the plug in, and no luck.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
What do you mean? Do you mean use a controller with the computer?

Or do you mean SHDL? If the latter, don't button mash when you short hop, time it. It works. If that doesn't help it, I don't know what's wrong.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean? Do you mean use a controller with the computer?

Or do you mean SHDL? If the latter, don't button mash when you short hop, time it. It works. If that doesn't help it, I don't know what's wrong.
Well I use my N64 controller on my computer and when I went to play console, obviously I brought over my controller. And I found that on console I can SHDL pretty consistently, while on the emulators I can barely do it.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I hear a deadzone of 5% is more realistic.

Also an 80% threshold but newer NRages don't support that. 60% range or somehting with the threshold but whatever.

Just try a deadzone of 5%. Though obviously the real game will always feel more real.

gROYn

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this is off topic, but Amon, what exactly did you do to get your N64 controller usable on your PC?

Top Bottom