• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller setup for Peach?

Suway

Smash Rookie
Hey,
So I've recently started using Peach as a secondary. (I main Lucas.)
And I was wondering what the best controller setup would be for using her.
For example, do I use b-sticking or not? Because I've heard some people say it's good for her, and others say it's not.
Also, tap jump on/off?
Since I main Lucas, I think it would be a big adjustment, but so far I'm really liking Peach.
Thanks in advance.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
personally i'd turn off tap jump and b-sticking just isn't my style coz i can't do w/o c-sticked aerials but it's up to you though.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Tap jump OFF: helps me for Utilt
X = Shield: for glide tossing

And that's it. That's what I use :nerd:

JuniorMints

Smash Cadet
if you do b sticking you could use the TFP tech.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FieBCZAn_o0

unfortunately i dont have a wii to continue experiementing with the AT. who knows since you main lucas as well, you might be able to adjust to this, it does tack away the ease of glide tossing though [you could still proform it but it would be difficult]

do what you think is comfortable for YOU! peach is really flexiable.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Like juniormints mentioned b-sticking peach does open up some useful techs. But from what i know of lucas, his b-stick abilities are mostly wavebounce related, which doesn't really apply to peach. The Turnip Free Pull is a different mechanic which i find can be awkward to incorporate into play, auto rar floating is neat but not a huge advantage. So i'd say try both( C & B stick) as C can be great for floating aerials, but if you're use to B its not a total waste.

The biggest thing in controller setup is how you want to control your floats. Peachs up tilt is too good to be messed up with tap jump. turning a shoulder button into a jump would work if you don't care to claw

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I played Lucas for a long time, and I only recently picked up Peach. A controller option I recommend is using L trigger to jump, if you don't use it to shield frequently. It allows you to use Lucas's PK jumps with ease, and also to float easily with Peach, giving you freedom to move the control stick in whatever direction without worrying about holding it up.

TL;DR L button set to jump.

Top Bottom