• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controlling Peach

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Which control scheme do you use when playing Peach and which one do you think it's more useful for each fighting style?

Personally, I use the GC controller with a slight change. I made the X button a shield. I like it that way for glide tossing easily and quickly...

In fact, I realized I didn't use the X button at all :ohwell: I jump with Y only, and now that the shield is ALSO there I tend to guard a lot more than what I did before.

Now that I think about it, I barely use the L...

What about you?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Well, you can also grab if you have the shield there. It's a 2in1

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
GC controller w/tap jump off and im planning to change c-stick to specials to try the turnip freepull

Niko_K

Smash Master
I use the GC controller with Y as shield. Tap jump off.

I like Y as shield so I can just slide my thumb from Y to A for a Shield Cancelled Grab. Also Since the L+R buttons aren't analog anymore it makes shielding and teching a hell of a lot more accurate.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
B stick, tap jump on.

The b stick stuff looks promising. And I jump with the stick so I need tap jump on. :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I use the Classic Controller when controlling her. When doing aerials while floating, I just hold the jump button and press the attack button.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I miiiight switch to BSticking. It's just that...both B-Stick and C-Stick are SO useful I can't decide xD

SQKIsiggy

Smash Cadet
i pretty much use classic melee setup

too used to it to stop
though i may consider changing Y to something more useful like shield, since Y is just there asking to be used...

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I changed Y to shield, R to grab, Z to jump and Tap jump off (so I can do utilts more easily).

While testing this controller, I noticed I could cancel my dash with jumping while pressing down and let go quickly. It's as fast as if you canceled the dash with upsmash.

I found it easier to do with Z as jump.

I love this new controller <3

Triforce_Chauzu

Smash Apprentice
I love b-sticking... But that's with Zelda. With Peach, I see less reason to use it... Unless I've missed something totally ground-breaking. :p

C-sticking seems more useful with Peach, I think.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
PP777 are you using the Wiimote ONLY? I mean, how can you even move with that >_>
I find it so uncomfortable for Brawls

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Wiimote only is specially not for Peach, me thinks. She can't even instant float (at least you put jump to any other button, but that would be very uncomfortable).

poisonplatypus

Smash Rookie
I use the game cube controller with tap jump on, i've always used x to jump, so i set y to grab though. i didn't like the classic controller when i used it, so i haven't used it again.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
I went out and bought a Classic controller today. And I really love it!

I have changed a lot tho:
L - Jump
R - Had as grab for a while, but then changed back to sheild, after realising that it was simpler
X - Jump (I think, or may be Y)
Y - had as sheild, but swapped with R Grab (Also, may be X, can't remember which is which)
I have kept the other buttons the same, turned tap-jump off, c-stick the same smashes.

With the wii remote & nunchuk, which I use a lot, I have changed nothing - tap jump on, smash shake off

Oh, and what do you think of my new sig? I made it myself (which is why it's so childish - I used paint :ohwell:)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Tap-jump OFF is a must for me. I never really use the stick to jump, so it's easier for me to use Up-tilt whenever I want to instead of accidentally jump or Usmash.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda difficult to have tap jump off for the Wii remote & nunchuk, imo. Maybe that's because I'm just used to it, and can't get out of the habit. But because of that I never got to use Peach's u-tilt :(. That's why I changed it to tap-jump off for the classic controller :bee:

But seriously, is the whole sig just plain messed up? Paint is rotten :dizzy:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's kinda difficult to have tap jump off for the Wii remote & nunchuk, imo. Maybe that's because I'm just used to it, and can't get out of the habit. But because of that I never got to use Peach's u-tilt :(. That's why I changed it to tap-jump off for the classic controller :bee:

But seriously, is the whole sig just plain messed up? Paint is rotten :dizzy:
I have tap jump turned OFF for my scheme. Even then, I don't use the u-tilt as frequently as the u-smash.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I can't play Peach without the tap-jump off. It just messes everything up >_>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been using peach lately so you may see me around the peach boards some. She's so fun to use!

I have a question. Firstly, I use the classic controller and I'm not switching controllers. >_> I try to autofloat by jumping, then pressing down and holding Y to keep floating.(jump) When I do, sometimes I like to repeatedly dair directly afterwards to pressure shielding, while staying afloat. It's hard. I'm trying to dair while autofloating, but I keep falling if I use the c-stick to dair. What ends up happening is I'm having to claw the controller (using my index finger to hold Y to keep afloat) and I'm pressing A with my thumb and pressing down on the control pad (to the left) with my other hand. I'm so lost. I need help. >_^

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
gc controller. tap jump off, x shield. C-stick to tilts.(sometimes I'll set it to special for the free pulls, but very rarely because you cant glide toss away)

Top Bottom