• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Convince me.

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Fox mainer, with no secondary. I read through a few Olimar guides, including the one here, and he seems like a both useful and diverse character to use.

Convince me as to why I should use him as my secondary. (What are his go-to moves, aerials, combos, etc. would be nice too)

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
no? we arent your servant, convince yourself.
if you want to main him because he owns your spammy fox, look for someone else.
if you want to main him because you like his style, read the topics in this forum, play as him.
all his moves are good, none of them are bad, his downB has invincibility.

edit: maybe this sounded harsh but i didnt like this thread, too many people main characters for BS reasons.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Olimar can rack up damge faster than any character I've ever seen.
I've seen my opponents go from 0-100% in 10 seconds.

He's just... absolute ****.

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
no? we arent your servant, convince yourself.
if you want to main him because he owns your spammy fox, look for someone else.
if you want to main him because you like his style, read the topics in this forum, play as him.
all his moves are good, none of them are bad, his downB has invincibility.

edit: maybe this sounded harsh but i didnt like this thread, too many people main characters for BS reasons.
Which is exactly why I'm asking you to give me a good one.

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
I've never disliked him.

I'm used to playing Fox, so what I like is; quick aerials, good advanced techniques, and effective combinations.

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
I`ll convince you . . . to stick with Fox!
I`m just kidding. However, why would you like to secondarily main Olimar?

I`ve always wanted to use Lucas & Ness both interchangibly, but that didn`t seem to work out to well.

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
I played a lot of matches with Olimar today, and I really like him a lot... So far, secondary chances are looking great.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
Nah, I'd rather not convince ya. The fewer Olimar players there are, the better.

I will tell you, though, that, in general, a secondary should cover the bases which your main doesn't. Look at the good counters for your main and pick a character who beats those counters. Simple as that.

Psyflame

Smash Cadet
Ultimatum is right on the money. For example, my secondary is Pikachu, whose ability to punish aggression nicely covers the characters my Olimar doesn't.

COLDshiver

Smash Cadet
you shouldn't need to be convinced by other people. try him out and convince yourself, if you like him, use him. It's the same as people maining fox in melee just because he is considered top tier.

Top Bottom