• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cookiemonster's Stage Texture Compilation (DISCONTINUED)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
IMPORTANT!!!!

I will be taking a break from this project for a while. I have some important thing s going on, and I need to be able to have time. Unfortunately, taking snapshots for the textures is very time consuming, and transfering it into a computer file is time consuming even with Xane's Snapshot Decrypter (thank you so much for making this, Xane :) ). Even gathering the textures is tedious work (not so much anymore thanks to mofo_, you rock!).

So, in short, thanks to my actual life, I will not work on this project for a couple of weeks. I will have the pictures and everything added up by then (most likely, I am like 95% sure).

Thanks you for your time.

---------------------

OK, so some of you have seen this stage texture compilation in the Texture Database thread. Well, I do not want to spam that thread, as it is for other textures as well, not just stage textures.

OK, so if you are still reading this, you must be interested in getting more stage textures. Chances are, you have been looking for stage textures in many places, but have been unable to find many good ones.

This is where my texture compilation comes in. You can take the textures from my compilation, and use them all you want.

I know, you guys want to see the textures before you download them. I have no idea how to put them up here, but I will let you guys download photos of the textures.

Download them here: [TO BE HERE BY THIS WEEKEND]

So, take a look at those.

So, do you like what you see? I know, some of them are kinda crappy, but this is where I ask for help, from the texture hackers of Smash World Forums. PLEASE make more stage textures! I can't stress this enough. We have enough character textures. Just look at all of the texture sites (shown in the Texture Database thread, thank you CloneHat :)) and look at the textures. Unless there is some magical site that has a bunch of stage textures (that I don't know about), there are lots of character textures, and very few stage textures.

So yeah, here is what I am coming to. Right now, I am still working a lot in school (for a few weeks, not too long ;)), so I won't be able to work on this compilation that often. I will, though, have a lot more time in the Summer. So, in the Summer, I will try to have people vote for stages that have multiple textures (such as Final Destination, that stage has WAYYY too many stage textures). However, for now, you have to keep using the stage textures that I have provided. Without further ado, the stage textures:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?md3fgzngnv1

In case you didn't know, this goes in the following directory in the root of your SD card:

private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>Stage>Melee

------------------------------

Help With Hacking

OK, so this is a section for people who do not have homebrew, or cannot get stage texture hacks working on their Wii. I have created a file that will get Homebrew AND Gecko on your Wii, let you use over 8000 lines, play the official Brawl+, and use these textures. Here is the download link for this:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nlezmut1ejm

-----------------------------

DOWNLOAD SECTION

Stage Texture Compilation Photos: [TO BE HERE BY THIS WEEKEND]

Stage Texture Compilation: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?md3fgzngnv1

Help With Hacking: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nlezmut1ejm

My files for download (check here for anything and everything, a lot of good stuff :)):
http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
honestly i can never get stage textures to work. after you make the melee folder, do you make seprate folder for each stage then place the .pac file inside there? or do you just put the .pac files in the melee folder?

bajisci

Smash Ace
this is aweosme, i was wanting a stage texture compilation for a while :D

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I know this probably isn't the place, but i would really like it if texture creators focused on stages that actually see lots of competitive play @_@

The amount of times I select a random neutral is probably 20 times the amount of times I select any CP stage, and I never play on banned stages. Basically there would be no point in me getting a 75m or Rumble Falls texture, bc I would never see it.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I don't see where we can see the textures. I've been looking for some good ones but i want to at least see em before I download :p

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I know this probably isn't the place, but i would really like it if texture creators focused on stages that actually see lots of competitive play @_@

The amount of times I select a random neutral is probably 20 times the amount of times I select any CP stage, and I never play on banned stages. Basically there would be no point in me getting a 75m or Rumble Falls texture, bc I would never see it.
Yeah, I completely know what you mean. Still, we have Final Des and Batttlefield :)

Sorry you guys actually have to DOWNLOAD the pictures, but it is the easiest way.

Moozle

Smash Champion
OH I get it lol.Downloaded wasn't a problem I just didn't even think to to that :laugh:

They look pretty good! As soon as I get my SD card back I'll try these out. They'll be my first stage textures...wooo lol.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I didn't really fnd this, I found them. I didn't copy all of these textures from some other guy, lol.

I will update these from time to ime, so make sure to download the new versions. Eventually, I will have people vote for certain stage textures. Eventually. :)

Takkachi

Smash Rookie
Hmmmmm.... I notice you are missing a Brinstar texture. A while back I was focusing on making a Pirate's Cove level for Brinstar, but it kind of shifted into something else altogether. I've since put away the project. Unfortunately the only pictures I have are of an older version of the level (I fixed some errors like the gigantic string and the uncomfortable grass texture, as well as the very bright look of the cut logs). Is this something you'd be interested in? I can probably spruce it up a bit more if its something you'd like. The image is insufferably blurry :/.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34983068@N07/3480659760/

^^ If the above link doesn't work, let me know.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

I think its better to do them only on banned stages cause If you use them in things like tournament play the stage texture can defiantly screw you up in some kind of way.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Hmmmmm.... I notice you are missing a Brinstar texture. A while back I was focusing on making a Pirate's Cove level for Brinstar, but it kind of shifted into something else altogether. I've since put away the project. Unfortunately the only pictures I have are of an older version of the level (I fixed some errors like the gigantic string and the uncomfortable grass texture, as well as the very bright look of the cut logs). Is this something you'd be interested in? I can probably spruce it up a bit more if its something you'd like. The image is insufferably blurry :/.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34983068@N07/3480659760/

^^ If the above link doesn't work, let me know.
I would be interested in any texture for any stage that I don't have. Please spruce it up some more, I would greatly appreciate it.

the link doesn't work, justget it up on mediafire, please.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
UPDATED TODAY! Yeah, so the 2nd post will be regarding "voting for textures", OK guys? :)

GET YOUR NEW STAGE TEXTURE COMPILATION! I got a better Halberd, Final Des, and a bunch of other stages. The old link does not work any more. The new photos will be up some time this weekend.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
AND if you want to spend no time whatsoever, go here :)

jk, u rock, mofo. I will put that in the "important links" section.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I will be taking a break from this for a couple of weeks. Please read the first post if you have any concerns. Or, you could pm me.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
no problem.
I said in the first post that i will work on this as soon as posssible.
At the moment, i am just going to wait for more stage textures to come out, because i dont want to make a new compilation every time i get a new stage texture :/

Thanks, btw.

And i am going to stay on break for a while longer. Just hold on tight, guys...

DISCONTINUED
mofo_ has a much better compilation!

Top Bottom