• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cool way to get onto the ledge

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
idk if anyone knows this or w.e but if you can up b on the stage and hold right or left and get onto the ledge. this isn't the fastest way to get onto the ledge but in my opinion its cool. plus no one does it. and it gives you something to do while they try to get back. its not hard to do if you are interested in doing it. just gotta get the spacing right its half of fountain of dreams. just stand in the middle of this stage and up then go right or left. (note: this is not the only stage you can do it on).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Firestall from a run? I'd rather firestall from the ledge. >.>

If you mean B-Uping from the stage while standing, that's difficult to space and probably isn't worth losing a life. I've done it with Fox before in a match though XD

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
ace not really like that.. i mean just stand on the stage and up right there w/o runing. but in that video that was cool and reminded me of shieks ledge grab with her upb

its easier with falco cuz its shorter. but yeah kinda like firestall i guess. i didn';t even think there would be a name for it cuz its kinda stupid. lol

_kSo_

Smash Master
ace not really like that.. i mean just stand on the stage and up right there w/o runing. but in that video that was cool and reminded me of shieks ledge grab with her upb

its easier with falco cuz its shorter. but yeah kinda like firestall i guess. i didn';t even think there would be a name for it cuz its kinda stupid. lol
I know what your talking about, and it's not practical, and it's too risky considering you could mis-space it and lose a life, or since up b isn't completely unstoppable (bear with me here), you could be hit out of it. 0_o

TidalWave

Smash Apprentice
I have seen this and often wondered how it is done, but I never actually tried it. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Anyone here know? Its obviously not important but it bugs me that I do not have an explanation for this in melee.

Roman.

Smash Champion
just let go of down on the control stick before you get to the ledge

because if you are ever holding down on the control stick you can't grab the ledge

and lol at posting, then double posting while quoting yourself

TidalWave

Smash Apprentice
I'm terribly sorry for posting twice. I figured it would get me an answer, and it did! Just not a good one.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Anyone here know? Its obviously not important but it bugs me that I do not have an explanation for this in melee.

Yeah, I didn't get that explanation either. Anyone care to explain better? That explanation sounded more for traveling in a downwards angle with the up-b.

P.S. check out my brand new/first/awesome sig!!!:chuckle:

Top Bottom