• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Copyright much Sakurai?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Ok, i was just checking out some the of songs on the sound test and found a song that sounded strikingly familiar. Go listen to the song called "Douchuumen", from some game called nazo something or other, its in the Nintendo tab. The very beginning of the song sounds practically identical to a song from Kirby Superstar. Listen to it, then listen to the song from Spring Breeze from Kirby Supterstar, they sound exactly alike at the beginning.

SinceSSB64

Smash Rookie
How old is the song? Spring Breeze from Kirby Super Star was originally from the game Kirby's Dreamland 1 (also done by Sakurai) and dates from 1992. If Douchuumen is any newer than that, then chances are it ripped off of him first!

Edit- also, if there's anyone to blame it'd be Jun Ishikawa, the composer for many of the Kirby games.

SinceSSB64

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately I can't since its not unlocked yet, and seems to be tough to find through Google. Does it say the year composed or the original composer? Sometimes a composer will take pretty much the same tune, tweak it a little bit and toss it into a game from a different series. I think this was done with the Culex Battle in SMRPG and some song from the Final Fantasy series (6 I think?)

NDUDE

Smash Ace
The very very beginning? Wow, that's just 2 notes used the same style as Kirby's song...Also, Spring Breezes is a Taiwanese folk song. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I can't since its not unlocked yet, and seems to be tough to find through Google. Does it say the year composed or the original composer? Sometimes a composer will take pretty much the same tune, tweak it a little bit and toss it into a game from a different series. I think this was done with the Culex Battle in SMRPG and some song from the Final Fantasy series (6 I think?)
Nazo no Murasamejo came out in 1986 and the music was done by Koji Kondo. The two songs really don't sound that much alike...

The song used for the Culex Battle was the boss battle theme from FFIV; I don't think it was changed very much at all.

Here are the two songs:

The one from Nazo no Murasamejo.
The one from Kirby's Dreamland.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
Also on the Spear Pillar stage, Palkia makes the same exact sound as a creature in Star Wars. (I think it's called a Boggart? It's in Episode III)

=S-A=

Shadownhero

Smash Rookie
Ok, i was just checking out some the of songs on the sound test and found a song that sounded strikingly familiar. Go listen to the song called "Douchuumen", from some game called nazo something or other, its in the Nintendo tab. The very beginning of the song sounds practically identical to a song from Kirby Superstar. Listen to it, then listen to the song from Spring Breeze from Kirby Supterstar, they sound exactly alike at the beginning.

Please be a troll.

please.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Also on the Spear Pillar stage, Palkia makes the same exact sound as a creature in Star Wars. (I think it's called a Boggart? It's in Episode III)

=S-A=

A bogart!!?? Those are the things that hide in cabinets, and when you open it , it changes into your worst fear....

Top Bottom