• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

corneria glitch question?

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
during a fight on the back part of corneria, i hit an opponent through the hatch door and out the bottom of the ship for a KO. this has only happened twice in the whole 7 years ive been playing this game.
1. has this happened to anyone else?
2. is it chance or timing?
3. does it depend on the version of the game i have?
4. is there a way to do it consistently?
5. did i dream the whole thing up?
any helpis appreciated. thanks

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have heard of this. I've never seen it done, but have heard of it on more than one occasion.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Corneria is known for being able to glitch through, usually via Samus' bombs, but I've heard of it in other cases. For instance, Exarch's Peach fell through right where you're talking about against a Ganondorf. I don't know the specifics, but it is a rare, generally unexplained glitch.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Cool, I've not discovered this in the 3 weeks that I have owned ssbm.

Too cool!!

pchoo

Smash Cadet
Lol, I've actually seen this glitch in person... and its probably a crazy combination of chance and timing... In my case it was Fox's f-smash putting someone I don't remember through the hole... followed by about 5 mins of screaming "hax!" confusedly. The person playing fox was officially a cheater for the rest of the night... we decided all his wins were illegal :p

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Cool, I've not discovered this in the 3 weeks that I have owned ssbm.

Too cool!!
... He mentioned that he's seen it happen twice in seven years.. thanks for the useless output that you've not seen it happen in three weeks
:laugh:

However the glitch sounds just like it doesn't recognize the character anymore.. sounds weird someone try and capture it on video haha idk tape your self playing the level for seven years we might get it eventually until then they are Haxxorz

mario-man

Smash Lord
[QUOTE= He mentioned that he's seen it happen twice in seven years.. thanks for the useless output that you've not seen it happen in three weeks
:laugh:

You are very welcome KevinM. I know it was stupid but I was just being kinda funny.

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
I had it happen to me on Big Blue where I just feel through the ship right at the very start... was kind of annoying because I was falco and didn't expect it to happen, so I lost a stock right at the start ><

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, i've had it happen to me twice by that hatch door and once through the fin leaving me to drop through the thickest part of the ship. Your not crazy, nubs who say you are are just that.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
I've done this soooooo many times to people, that we never play on Corneria anymore.

Well...how'd you do it then?

Sounds cool, the only glitch for corneria i know is Fox/Falco's taunt [probably not a glitch], and where you can fall through near the think part in the front. It'd be interesting to see you fall through the whole level, so how'd you do it? :p

Elen

Smash Lord
the whole 7 years ive been playing this game.
Good thing the game came out in 2001 >.>
On another note this happens to me all the time, I assume its just a wall ejection function that happens when you gets shoved into the wall/ground via being shoved in that corner. You probably can't do it consistently without AR though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Good thing the game came out in 2001 >.>
On another note this happens to me all the time, I assume its just a wall ejection function that happens when you gets shoved into the wall/ground via being shoved in that corner. You probably can't do it consistently without AR though.
I have noticed you can fall through any angled wall. Corneria is one, Seal on pokefloats is another.

Any "wall" that fox can't infinite shine (like corneria) of near-wall allows you to fall through for some reason.

It's the only thing I can find in common.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well...how'd you do it then?

Sounds cool, the only glitch for corneria i know is Fox/Falco's taunt [probably not a glitch], and where you can fall through near the think part in the front. It'd be interesting to see you fall through the whole level, so how'd you do it? :p
If you drom Samus' bomb, and any character (I believe) hits it with their down A attack (not dsmash), it will send them through the level. They are good as dead if they aren't jiggly or kirby ;)

Psi

Smash Cadet
I've also done it with Ness's pk fire. I hit a fox during the charge up part of his firefox very low to the ground just to the left of the fin on corneria. It cancelled it and he fell into the middle of the ship where you couldn't see him. But he started another firefox and came right back up through it. I couldn't get it to happen again though so I don't know how exactly it happened.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
If you drom Samus' bomb, and any character (I believe) hits it with their down A attack (not dsmash), it will send them through the level. They are good as dead if they aren't jiggly or kirby ;)
I've also done it with Ness's pk fire. I hit a fox during the charge up part of his firefox very low to the ground just to the left of the fin on corneria. It cancelled it and he fell into the middle of the ship where you couldn't see him. But he started another firefox and came right back up through it. I couldn't get it to happen again though so I don't know how exactly it happened.
samus's bombs, ness's pk fire...it seems to happen alot with fire. maybe we should ask some roy users if its happened to them?

WingedApple

Smash Rookie
It sounds interesting, but what if its not a glitch, but part of the stage. And by hatchdoor, do you mean the one that is behing the fun of the ship? It kind of seems like a reasonable place for a secret KO to be.. Into the door out to the open? Or should I say out under the engines..

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Corneria has tons of places you can fall threw with glitches. I have done bomb drops with Link (z button) to Fox in angles of the main wing of corneria and he fell threw the level very fast. Note: the bombs can't explode on contact with fox they must just hit him and bounce off but still cause damage.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just wanted to let people know that this happened to me just now.. I was Captain Falcon at around 180% vs a CPU Link. I was standing just where the rear burner begins with my back to the hatch door, and let Link hit me with a regular A swipe (I was practicing teching against walls..) but because I had such high damage and he hit me with such a weak attack, the trajectory sent me perfectly through an invisible hole around where the bottom of the hatch door and the floor in front of it meet. Needless to say, I was unable to practice my teching after that hit..

Top Bottom