• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Correct English

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
In this game all you have to do is correct a sentence or a phrase. Or something that just looks plain wrong.

What's wrong with this sentence?

Bob was walking down the road and said outloud I'm going to the park.

I will give you a hint since this is the first one. Q_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Ma_ _ around a certain spot.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
So, this is like English class, except not voluntary and you do not get a grade.

So, let's start.

Bob was walking down the road and said outloud I'm going to the park.
Several things wrong.

1.Outloud is not a word. It should be "out loud".

2. "and said" is incorrect in that sentence. It should be "when he said", or "Bob walked".

3. "I'm going to the park" needs quotation marks.

4. More of a style thing then anything else, but "out loud" should probably be at the end of the statement, to clarify what it is describing.

Much more is needed then quotation marks, smashplayer.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
1. "I"

2. "the"

3. uber is not english. It's German.

4. "ownage"

But you remembered to put a period at the end! Impressive.
Well first ownage is not a word so "I am the own" but in order to make own used as it is in the original the statement should be "I am the owner."

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
Assume it was a straight up pizza shop. Ok answer this trick question.

What's wrong with this sentence.

A tall boy walked down the street.

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
The answer was this What's wrong with this sentence?
The question was a question and that was really the sentence you had to correct. There was nothing wrong with that other sentece, it was just to throw you off. So there is really a question mark at the end of that sentence.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
The answer was this What's wrong with this sentence?
The question was a question and that was really the sentence you had to correct. There was nothing wrong with that other sentece, it was just to throw you off. So there is really a question mark at the end of that sentence.
corrected:

This was a trick question. The answer was this:

'What's wrong with this sentence?

A tall boy walked down the street.'

The first sentence was a question, and that was really the sentence you had to correct. There was nothing wrong with the second sentece. It was placed there to throw you off. So there was actually supposed to be a question mark at the end of that sentence, instead of a period.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I was watching tv when suddenly the room shook.

'I was enjoying a peaceful evening watching my favorite episode of "Desperate Housewives", when suddenly the entire room began shaking violently. The walls fell apart, and the ceiling crumbled, as a gigantic beast rose from under the ground.'

Here's mine, I will literally translate a Dutch sentence in English so that there are more errors:

"Do just normally, then do you already weird enough."

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Confirm the norm and you are unique.

'I was enjoying a peaceful evening watching my favorite episode of "Desperate Housewives", when suddenly the entire room began shaking violently. The walls fell apart, and the ceiling crumbled, as a gigantic beast rose from under the ground.'

'I was enjoying a peaceful evening watching my favorite episode of "Desperate Housewives", when suddenly the entire room began shaking violently. The walls fell apart, and the ceiling crumbled, as a gigantic beast rose from under the ground. this beast can only be pikan00b and when he rose from teh ground fire spat of his mouth and he eaten the quadratic equation mwahahahahaha! '

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom