• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cort was right... Peach does suck in Brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
And this proves your point how exactly?

I know Peach can't do the same things in Brawl. Her attacks are all different. Most of those attacks Cort used in that match aren't as good and/or have completely different uses in Brawl (especially downsmash, n-air, turnip). I'd expect to see good Brawl Peaches using all her tilts, forward and up smashes, and side b much more, and the turnips would be used more for mobility and mindgames and less for an actual attack to set up combos. This is assuming nothing new is learned.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Peach does not suck. She just has a different learning pattern in Brawl.

Want to see someone who sucks big time? Look at Captain Falcon. He's almost completely pathetic.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
c. falcon rulz!!!!
anyways, if u try to main peach like you did in melee then you will get no where. i've seen many awsome brawl peach mains in brawl and its cause they respect th melee to brawl changes. can stress that enough.

Osi

Smash Ace
Peach has the tools to win a fight just like almost every other character in brawl at the moment. I don't see the need to say she sucks in brawl after only 3 months of anyone getting their hands on the game. She is a totally different style of playing from melee, and it may take some time for anyone to dial her in to that level. Also the peach video from melee you posted was years into its life cycle. I'd love to see a video from 3 months after melee's release to compare. I think at this point the "wow this character sucks" posts should be saved until we have more time with the game.

She does have many negative changes, but also a list of positive ones. It'll be fun to see what peach mains will bring out of the new style peach in brawl. I would have never mained her in melee, but the changes to her made me like peach a lot more. I'll most likely end up using her the most in brawl.

On a positive note, thanks for linking the video ^^ I love to see cort play.

THO

Smash Apprentice
As every one else has said, peach can't do the same things she could in the other game, but that doesn't remotely mean she is worse. Peach got ***** by every high tier in the game, fox,marth, shiek, falco. If you show us evidence that peach has a huge disadvantage to the other top characters in the game, please show it. I guess you can't really because there haven't been any significant tournament results in Brawl yet, at least not many.
Further more, ripping on other peach players like Dark Peach just makes you look like more of a boob. Pro peaches in melee all quit Peach because they didn't like her, they think she sucks and maybe she does but it doesn't mean the players that stick with peach suck.
If you can boast some result showing your the **** than do so. But if you don't have any reputation that you know your **** than don't talk trash to players who try hard to build a strong peach community and become good players.
Try not to post trash threads like this in the future where you try to compare Melee and brawl. Theres a thread by Vidjo about that already. Just post there man.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
As every one else has said, peach can't do the same things she could in the other game, but that doesn't remotely mean she is worse. Peach got ***** by every high tier in the game, fox,marth, shiek, falco.
Peach did not get ***** by every high tier in the game. Other than Marth, she had a (more or less) even match-up with every high/top tier in the game.

MidniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
The place I currently reside at is Coral Springs,
Peach sucks compared to Melee...she's unplayable...blah...blah...blah...it's the same crap every time. Everyone complains about the same things with Peach and frankly everyone that complains just doesn't know what they are doing. She can KO just fine, and Dark Peach is one of the better players I've seen on here, someone who can actually...oh my god...use her decent with the new mechanics.

THO

Smash Apprentice
Your right. She didn't get ***** by them. I was being hasty in my accusations.

In melee, it was often very difficult for peach players to be successful against most top characters.
Furthermore, there is a strong lacking of tournament results for peach during the melee era.
This may be due simply to fact that many of the best players preferred fox, falco and marth.

I should have correctly pointed out that the video of peach ****** that was provided shows a match up, namely against the ice climbers, that makes peach look good.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Compared to Melee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrnlIYKj6UM

All Peach fanboys back off. I doubt any one of you could play like that. Dark Peach, your decent, but your opponents actually suck. Peach is a shell of her former glory.
I personally like her better in Melee also, but I wouldn't say that she sucks in Brawl.
Tech-skill wise I can do all that stuff but using it the way Cort did is another story.

The statement "Compared to Melee." can be applied to almost every character in the game at this point (if they are a returner of course) as the competitive scene in Brawl is still nowhere near Melee. . .

Seems like the OP came here just to bait aggravated responses from the die hard users, and some of us actually fell for it. Seriously this thread fails beyond belief.
OP trolls the same way here too: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160100&page=8

No more of these kind of discussions.

Requesting this thread to be closed

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Don't you lot dare complain. It's not like Peach is like Ness or Lucas, both of who can be chain-grabbed horribly by every character thanks to having bad escaping animations.

Making them both UTTERLY unplayable.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Maybe the chaingrab against Ness and Lucas should be banned? ><

bobknob

Smash Cadet
WOW CORT IS AN AMAZING PEACH PLAYER, i've never seen chu get gimped like that.

OP's point is still a poor one, though, since peach wasn't exactly godly in melee

i could see how she's relatively worse off though, since there are more chars that outprioritize her now

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Peach has a WELL KNOWN advantage on Ice Climbers in Melee. Obviously it's going to make him look better.

There are several Peach pros who actually stuck with her. And you don't have to be the best Peach player in the world to make an accurate judgment of how good she is.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Requesting a thread lock. This really doesn't need to be here and we don't care about your negative opinion towards Peach.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Trolling is really unecesary. People don’t come to these character threads to hear everyone talk trash about the character that they are trying to main. They come here to learn/talk/watch videos/more about their character. AKA So they get BETTER. We don’t need random people coming in and saying our mains are bad. If you think they are such trash then I dare you to play a Brawl Peach yourself who actually knows what she’s doing. Then we’ll see who needs to be put into the dumpster. Our character, or you.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
I made this topic because I was bitter. And angry.
Im bitter at the irony of Peach sucking now (I liked her in Melee, but dislike her now)

And Im also bitter at what Nessbounder said. Ness will never be the same again.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
What does Ness have to do with everything?!
Everyone's bitter at character nerfs, but complaining won't get you anywhere. This game is like this and it won't change.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
like what deku and kidd said, complaining wont get u anywhere and the game wont change no matter how much u complain. if u dont like peach anymore thats fine but dont start threads like this trolling her. the current peaches like dark and niko have gone through enough trolling already. im merely asking to stop with the complaints of peaches nerfs ok?

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
STOP.
Char hate threads shouldnt even be allowed in char specific. Not only are they put right in the face of people who care about the char, they spread a horrible vibe that hurts the morale of people trying too get good, slowing down peach progress in general.

Peach players dont give a **** about why you hate her because they love her. how dare you come in here with this ****. get the **** off the peach boards and complain somewheres else.

And that goes too anybody else who wants too come on these boards and make us feel bad about a char we`re trying too learn.

I`m sick of the hate and its GOT. TOO. STOP.

This post is aimed at all the hate i`ve seen on all the char specific sections. its not just at this.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, Peach isn't as good in Brawl as she was in Melee, but this thread is really unnecessary. Thread ought to be locked.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
We Peach players mean business lol.

You can't handle the LUV Combos.

All hail the princess.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Peach was nerfed, sure that's fine. But she wasn't nerfed to the point that she is completely unplayable or something. She's still a good call for mid tier and actually has a decent tournament track record thus for. This thread is useless.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I made this topic because I was bitter. And angry.
Im bitter at the irony of Peach sucking now (I liked her in Melee, but dislike her now)

And Im also bitter at what Nessbounder said. Ness will never be the same again.
And that gives you the right to somewhat attack me for doing a good job with Peach?

Niko_K

Smash Master
If only I was the moderator of the Peach boards I would've locked this a long while ago.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wonder if cort was playing these people and did just as good as me with Peach and beat them in the vids you say the suck in, would you say what you said to me to Cort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom