• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could a Perfect Control video be done in Brawl and be impressive.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
If you ever saw SuperDoodleman's videos Perfect Control and Adventure (I'm on a Wii so I can't post the links. Just look in Youtube or my sig) you were more than likely impressed by the speed and technical ability shown. My question is (considering a Action Replay like device exists for the Wii) could a similar video be made with Brawl, since the game got slowed down a bit.

Please discuss. PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO A MELEE VS. BRAWL FLAMEFEST!! And if someone has the links, post them.

EDIT: Also who do you think would be the best canidate to do a Brawl Adventure?
EDIT2:perfect Control 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9sa8133NBI

In case you're morally opposed 2 cliking on my sig...

shadydentist

Smash Lord
The question is, are there any near-frame-perfect techniques? Lets review:

Perfect Control:
Super wave Dashing (gone)
Power Shielding (easier, doesn't reflect projectiles)
Ledge Cancelling (gone)
Float Cancelling (gone)
Short-hop double lasers (gone as we know it)
Perfect waveshining (gone)
Egg Stalling/Sing Stalling (gone, due to new edge mechanics)
Moonwalking (gone)
Perfect pivoting (Still in)
Perfect Missile Cancelling (Still in, but much easier)
Smash DI (still in)
Perfect SHFFLING (gone)
Taking advantage of invincibility frames (still in, and plus the addition of super armor)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
There just aren't enough universal techniques or hard techniques. What could it showcase? The fact that AR's are relatively incompatible with Wii's don't help either. AR helped us discover and understand so much in Melee. That isn't the case for brawl, constant updates deter AR makers.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
There just aren't enough universal techniques or hard techniques. What could it showcase? The fact that AR's are relatively incompatible with Wii's don't help either. AR helped us discover and understand so much in Melee. That isn't the case for brawl, constant updates deter AR makers.
Could you elaborate on "constant updates"? I want to say something, but I fear I might misinterpret what you said and turn this into a flaming.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is less about universal techniques and much more focused on character-specific techniques. You'd have to make like 39 vids. And then seeing as how there really isn't a whole lot of "omg finger-blistering accuracy" type techs anymore, they'd all turn out to be a bunch of combo vids that you can see anywhere.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Could you elaborate on "constant updates"? I want to say something, but I fear I might misinterpret what you said and turn this into a flaming.
Oh, the firmware for the Wii. Last I heard it usually disables any AR that has been used when the Wii updates it's firmware.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Perhaps it wouldn't be quite as impressive, but I think if they get creative they can go to town with footstool jumping and make some pretty crazy videos. Also, I would venture to guess that something could be done with 'boost smashing'.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Any chance of an AR like device countering the updates in the future (just asking. Don't attack me again :p)
If the Freeloader could, I can't see why it wouldn't be possible for an Action Replay.

"Could a Perfect Control video be done in Brawl and be impressive?"

No.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
I think "no" is slightly overzealous. More like, "Yes, impressive, but not nearly a 10th as impressive as the Melee vid".

kr3wman

Smash Master
I never found Perfect Control to be impressive. What is impressive about it?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Well its not that it cant be made but given how much slower it would be than the melee and 64 perfect control videos it wouldn't be much to look at speed wise, which was what perfect control was mostly focused on, it demonstrated what would be possible if you had perfect control. But im sure there's other ways to make it interesting.

That just means you have a long long way to go in smash.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I have nothing 2 say to you (other then watch it again and tell me what you think).

Anyway, I added the video 2 the OP in case people don't know what I'm talking about...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Lol, I watched Perfect Control 2 just the other night (Was bored) and thought the same thing.

There's still nothing technically difficult to master. The most impressive things I can think of in Brawl are nothing that human players aren't already capable of (IC chainthrows, banana locks, etc.)

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
ISJR, ledge cancelling recoveries (like wolf's side b), Qac powers XD.

Even those aren't super technical. I know theres more stuff but I don't remember it.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I guess you've seen this type of thing enough times that it bores you. Or you're just tasteless :p

Anyway, the thread is asking could something similar be done with Brawl. Your thoughts?

P.S. That video was nice Not "way more impressive" but good...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
whoa... wait a second... in the vid above... he did that on his own? no tool assistance? if so, that's very impressive. bet u can't do it.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Ok, I watched it.

So basically, Superdoodleman slowed down the game with AR so that he could input frame-perfect inputs?

So?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNNcQcyEAq8 This is way more impressive than Tool assisted stuff.
You're not supposed to be impressed by the ability of the person doing perfect control because obviously it's TAS and obviously that's NOT THE POINT.

Just lighten up a little and appreciate
1). the creativity
2). the quality of the production (I'm sure those videos took AGES to make)
3). how frickin' sweet all of that stuff looks,
and 4). the demonstration of how far the game of smash bros. melee can be taken theoretically.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Top Bottom