• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Lucina Be Marth's Alt Costume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
I wonder if Lucina is going to be an alt costume for Marth... she's obviously a clone and it'd be awesome to introduce alt costumes with different names as well as gender and voice actors since with Robin the different voice actor alt costumes are shown as possible. What do you guys think> Don't flame me for this... it's only a thought :grin:, and an interesting idea I think.
:4marth:

Last edited:

Xafer2468

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xafer2468
Doubtful, so far she has been treated as her own individual character. If sakurai says lucinas just an alt, a lot of people would be a bit upset

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Doubtful, so far she has been treated as her own individual character. If sakurai says lucinas just an alt, a lot of people would be a bit upset
I'm surprised they're not upset that she's a clone... because all of er moves and her taunt pretty much screamed it.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
It leaves openings for more clones. Most don't like this but I for one would enjoy playing a character I love even with a copied moveset then not getting to play it at all.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Maybe that's why she's been treated like an individual character rather than plain-off stating she's not.

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
It leaves openings for more clones. Most don't like this but I for one would enjoy playing a character I love even with a copied moveset then not getting to play it at all.
I do as well, I don't mind clones at all, I'm just saying... it'd be sort of an interesting way of putting her on the roster, no?

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I do as well, I don't mind clones at all, I'm just saying... it'd be sort of an interesting way of putting her on the roster, no?
Yup! I am now full of ideas though. We might see things such as Mrs. Pacman, Protoman, Shadow, Roy, Daisy, etc...

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
@ Ferio_Kun Ferio_Kun Oh my goodness you have no idea how much I am hoping for all odf those alts, I've been saying Ms. Pac-Man alt since his reveal, it'd be epic! I love Daisy and I main Peach so that'd be amazing. All the rest as well. I'm so psyched to see how things work! :joyful:

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
She has her own character page and announcement, so she can't just be an alternate costume for Marth.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Oh my goodness you have no idea how much I am hoping for all odf those alts, I've been saying Ms. Pac-Man alt since his reveal, it'd be epic! I love Daisy and I main Peach so that'd be amazing. All the rest as well. I'm so psyched to see how things work! :joyful:
She has her own character page and announcement, so she can't just be an alternate costume for Marth.
*Shrugs* You never know how they'll have the roster layout. She is a clone, and they said they were cutting down clones, why would they make new ones?

jigglover

Smash Lord
*Shrugs* You never know how they'll have the roster layout. She is a clone, and they said they were cutting down clones, why would they make new ones?
For representation, or just to quickly fill up a character slot to make the roster and even block. Just like a lot of the newcomers in Melee, actually! :)

Zero Requiem

Smash Apprentice
She's her own character pretty neutral on the whole clone thing. I'm glad she's in regardless Fire Emblem needed a female representative although I was originally opting for Lyn.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I think it's fairly obvious that she's an alt costume... only time will truly tell, though

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
She's beyond your typical clone, tho. Her movements, moveset and EVEN HER IDLE STANCE are identical. The only thing that indicates her being a separate character slot is the box on the Smash website. Thus far she could be the cloniest clone in Sm4sh

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Famitsu confirms Lucina WAS going to be an alt of Marth, which also means that alternate characters as costumes IS a viable option. Then again, it might just be because she looked like Marth, anyway. That said, we can officially confirm now that Marth probably doesn't have his own costume, because what was going to be his costume was changed into a separate character late in development.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
:4lucina: has been officially confirmed as her own character.

Time to lock the thread. Pack it up.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
:4lucina: has been officially confirmed as her own character.

Time to lock the thread. Pack it up.
Yeah, we know, I just responded to state that she was originally a costume, which also probably means Marth isn't going to get one, now.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
She's been confirmed to be her own character, an almost one to one clone of Marth but an actual character none the less

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah, we know, I just responded to state that she was originally a costume, which also probably means Marth isn't going to get one, now.
I know you were responding to someone else and I was not responding to anything you have said. I was just declaring that the thread should be locked now that Sakurai officially stated that Lucina will be her own character.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom