• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could someone help me ?

Mass

Smash Cadet
Hi there
Well I recently figured out that I was way too far from being good and I'd like you to help me please <3
I made some vids and if someone could tell me what's wrong and why I'm not ****** with Sheik, I'd be glad. Here's the **** :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uudPpfM6W2Q

I can't understand why I'm getting pwned that much. What I think is that he just mindgames me a lot, unlike me, so he sees almost everything I'm gonna do and he makes me do what he wants me to do (cf 0:25 he makes me approach in order to Fsmash me and I do it cause I'm an idiot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GymRJpnMMM&feature=related

Here I'd like to learn stuffs to beat Marths because I believe I could do much more

I would really improve so thanks if you're gonna help me. I hate you and hope you're gonna slip on some banana skin if you don't help me.

By the way, sorry for my mistakes, I believe there are some, and I also beg your pardon for my lack of vocabulary.

Have a nice day !

Slashtap

Smash Cadet
You can bair camp against most characters, including Link. Your friend sidesteps a lot so you should wait for him sometimes instead of always grabbing. Don't ftilt approach so much.

Marth, again you can camp. You are approaching whenever you can, which you don't need to do. Wait for him to miss before you move in. Also don't ftilt approach.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Needles. Bair. Grabs. Be careful with your nair drop his uair can kill that. Dthrow when you get the chance, it leads to good combos. the Ftilt approach works well against cfalcon and some others but with marth dtilt. CCing his **** is great. I wouldnt chain him off the edge either. edgehog is better. There also seemed to be a lot of gaps that you didnt take advantage of in both vids. When marth usmashed one time you just needled him. I would go in for a grab and then dthrow to ftilt to fair. or soemthing like that. Needles are mainly interruption not so much for damage build up. Oh another neat thing to do when marth or anyone is standing right on the edgeof the stage uair thru the edge and knock them skyward. works well against marth bcuz you can follow up with uair juggles and kill him early with that. otherwise you seem to be doing well, spacing can always improve in everyones game

Mass

Smash Cadet
You can bair camp against most characters, including Link. Your friend sidesteps a lot so you should wait for him sometimes instead of always grabbing. Don't ftilt approach so much.

Marth, again you can camp. You are approaching whenever you can, which you don't need to do. Wait for him to miss before you move in. Also don't ftilt approach.
Yeah but he does camp me a lot, so when I stay far away from him, he just kills me with boomerang, bombs until I approach éè I feel like I can't do anything, even with mah needles.

Needles. Bair. Grabs. Be careful with your nair drop his uair can kill that. Dthrow when you get the chance, it leads to good combos. the Ftilt approach works well against cfalcon and some others but with marth dtilt. CCing his **** is great. I wouldnt chain him off the edge either. edgehog is better. There also seemed to be a lot of gaps that you didnt take advantage of in both vids. When marth usmashed one time you just needled him. I would go in for a grab and then dthrow to ftilt to fair. or soemthing like that. Needles are mainly interruption not so much for damage build up. Oh another neat thing to do when marth or anyone is standing right on the edgeof the stage uair thru the edge and knock them skyward. works well against marth bcuz you can follow up with uair juggles and kill him early with that. otherwise you seem to be doing well, spacing can always improve in everyones game
Mhh I'm playing PAL so Sheik's D throw is way less **** (Even if this is still a good move, it doesn't necessary put the enemy in a F-Tilt range)
Moreover, our U-air does never kill, unlike yours (:'<)
Eerm... For the chain, I just wanted to do that cool up-b cancel stuff but I messed up xD I usually do it, I don't know why I missed it right there.

Mh okay, so to sum up, I should do less F-tilt in my approach and more B-Air pressure
I also should do more grabs, and no needles when I can grab...

Oh, Lordydennek, by "uair thru the edge" you mean falling next to the Marth who's standing on the edge and U air-combo him ?

Thanks to both of you, I'm gonna try to change everything you said \o/

Edit : Oh, and by the way, how do you B-ari camp ? Shot hop ABA ? Full hop double ABA ? Shor hop ABA DJ ABA (This one is kinda hard I think éè) ? I assume that each move can be usefull but I also guess that there are some that you prefere to use.

Thanks <3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah but he does camp me a lot, so when I stay far away from him, he just kills me with boomerang, bombs until I approach éè I feel like I can't do anything, even with mah needles.
Try to be throwing more then one needle at a time. That should increase the damage (obviously) and it also prevents very straightforward projectile throws (IE forward bomb throw, forward boomerang).

You can also use your ftilt to block link's boomerang and weak arrow shots if it comes to it.

You should never feel like you have to approach. Just don't carelessly run into stuff.

Mass

Smash Cadet
Mhh... Yeah I guess that I should charge more needles. I'm gonna try to put more needles in my gameplay.
The problem is the angle of his projectiles, but I guess that as long as I stay on the ground and throw needles, none of his projectiles can reach me ? It also depends on the stage we play on : I believe that I can camp him on PS or FD, but it becomes harder on YS or BF ; Am I wrong ?
The only problem is that he often uses platforms in order to make other angles ; But I think that if I try to reflect a bit, I can go over this.
Oh, I was just watching your matches against Scar ^^ I'll try some things you do :D
Thanks for helping me \ô/

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Why do the angles matter?

The angles that link can throw his boomerang aren't like YL's so just ftilt them or something. Ftilt's hitbox is giant anyway.

Just ftilt the boomerangs away you can shield it too obviously but I find ftilting them doesn't leave me stuck in my shield. Since some people try to use a projectile and then grab during the shieldstun which this avoids.

Though for vs link you could just shield them too since really, link is too slow to be able to do that. I kinda make it a habit because its useful vs samus and peach occasionally.

And lol thanks for watching matches of me ^_^

Mass

Smash Cadet
Well, the boomerang just kills me when I'm doing my stuffs in the air ; Maybe could I stop it with my ANA ?
Everytime he's under me, I feel like I can't do anything to avoid thos boomerangs
But I'll try to fight those projectiles with needles and the problem may be solved :3

I thank you for helping me ; And watching your matches give me lot of ideas ^^ I can't wait to try all of this. I'll do some other vids when I'll have inserted all of those things in my gaemplay. I hope I can do that !

Once again, thanks to all of you !

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I think your main problem is you're going into the air too much. Sheik's short hop takes long enough and it looks like some of the times you're going into full jumps. Which means you're giving him a lot of time to respond to your approaches. Link's uair and nair are fairly fast and high priority, same for Marth's stuff in general.

Stay grounded a bit more, or mix up your approach. It's too obvious to see when you're going to charge in, which you're going to get punished for.

EDIT:

Oh, and Link's projectiles are pretty slow. So stay close and punish when he tries to pull one out. Except if he has a bomb in hand. Those're pretty fast. Stay away and the problem'll take care of itself.

Remember, you're Sheik. If he gets a projectile hit on you, keep a level head. There aren't any severe punishments for getting hit by a boomerang or a bomb. But if you get a grab on him, that can be his stock.

Mass

Smash Cadet
Well, I see, I should approach by waiting a mistake from him, and grabbing/ tilting him, instead of doing SHAxA
I'll try to say on the ground. But I have to admit that his downsmashes scare me when I'm on the ground. So personnaly, I prefer the air.
However I'm gonna try to become unpredictable and less punishable (Can we say that ?). Thanks :D

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Didnt know you had PAL guess i should read your profile lol. What i meant with the uair is that if your underneath the edge and trying to recover and marth makes a mistake of standing to close to the edge above you you can uair to knock him away and then recover. Theres a shiek vid of M2K somewhere when he does this to some one... its on youtube somewhere lol. anyway watching sheik vids will help lots.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Link's dsmash isn't as fast as most of your stuff on the ground. Also, if that was a Brawl Falco joke, I hate you.

What do you mean unpredictable? You just don't get caught in patterns. Tada. Less punishable... don't use high lag attacks.

And that match was PC Chris against Mew2king. PC Chris was the Sheik... I think it was on Dream Land 64.

Mass

Smash Cadet
Didnt know you had PAL guess i should read your profile lol. What i meant with the uair is that if your underneath the edge and trying to recover and marth makes a mistake of standing to close to the edge above you you can uair to knock him away and then recover. Theres a shiek vid of M2K somewhere when he does this to some one... its on youtube somewhere lol. anyway watching sheik vids will help lots.
Oh sorry I also forgot to precise ^^'
Mh... I see, I guess that if the Marth is too next to the edge when I recover, this can be a good thing to do. I'll try it :) thanks for the tip

Link's dsmash isn't as fast as most of your stuff on the ground. Also, if that was a Brawl Falco joke, I hate you.

What do you mean unpredictable? You just don't get caught in patterns. Tada. Less punishable... don't use high lag attacks.

And that match was PC Chris against Mew2king. PC Chris was the Sheik... I think it was on Dream Land 64.
Sorry for the Falco quote éè I just wanted to insert that stuff because it was adapted to the situation. Indeed, as attack on the ground, he CC -> Dsmash me. I know I could just grab him, but I prefer punishing him by doing aerials and making him DSmash under me. So I prefer attacking from the air with some AFA than tilting to get DownSmashed
I'll try to find the match ^^ Moreover, I didn't see a lot of PC Chris matches, it's the occasion to pu my mistake right.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Don't hold in or up during Marth's AFA or you'll explode.

Marth's AFA's won't kill you so don't be afraid to DI away so he can't combo into another AFA or a finisher. You're so lucky he doesn't have a spike, but he can still combo into a reverse dolphin or f-smash if you aren't careful with your DI.

Oh and Happy Holidays to you in France.

EDIT: btw, you guys have funny terminology

Mass

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah I still suck concerning DIs. I guess I'll only improve with time, but I'll try to think about it as I'll play

Uh, thanks \ô/ Are you also in Holidays ?
Oh by the way, I haven't much of a vocabulary, so I can't understand your last sentence ^^' Do you mean that the way we build our sentences is strange ?
If this is the case, I'm sorry, but my English lvl doesn't allow me to speak a beautiful way :p
People often say that French people suck at speaking other languages ; I'm not blaming France for having a bad educational system but I guess that many people right here have troubles to express themselves in other languages, just as me (And that's kinda sad :'<)
Anyway, sorry if I make to many mistakes for you guys to understand easily what I want to say /o\

gm jack

Smash Lord
Your english is a lot better than my french.

One thing I did pick up on was that your dominant method of getting back on stage was a ledgehop Fair. I think you should try to mix it up a bit more, as you did get punished for it a couple of times against Marth.

Mass

Smash Cadet
gm Jack -> French is just way harder than English ; Moreover, English is spoken everywhere, so I can easily improve ; On the contrary, nobody speaks French, exepted Jeanne D'Arc and her friends (me for example)
Mhh... I really don't know how to get back on the stage without getting punished. But I'll try something else then x)

Spife -> ...Okay, no more ledgehop AFA :x

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
im no pro but i have made my mistakes.

try dthrowing a lot more. imean in the matches on the OP, you didnt dthrow cg link and it is always better to dthrow marth regardless of where you are on the stage. it has more followups.

Mass

Smash Cadet
Mhhh..
To begin with, I'll try to grab more often ; Then I'll try some cg with the D-Throw, if I can
But against Marth, isn't it better to send your opponent out of the stage ? I thought so because, if you d-throw him, he has just to DI away and he's out of risk ; On the contrary, if he gets edgeguarded, then he's in the ****
But maybe I'm wrong (PS: I'm in PAL)

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I can't understand your last sentence ^^' Do you mean that the way we build our sentences is strange ?
Your English is perfectly comprehensible, in fact, you write more coherently than some of the American posters here.

I was just talking about how long it took me to understand what a ANA was, but now I now that's just a nair.

Spife

Smash Master
I've heard that dthrow aint as good in pal :(
ledge hop fair isn't bad it's just abused, I'm not sure if it were mentioned but ledge hop waveland onto the stage is generally a good option...I think you have the frames to shield before your invincibility wears out.

As for the match up, it's link, just **** his **** off, if not with cg'ing due to pal, then just do it with gay top tier ****. He's link, he's not good at all :laugh:

Mass

Smash Cadet
Your English is perfectly comprehensible, in fact, you write more coherently than some of the American posters here.

I was just talking about how long it took me to understand what a ANA was, but now I now that's just a nair.
Oooh okay ^^' Sorry
Indeed, I prefer AxA than xair

I've heard that dthrow aint as good in pal :(
ledge hop fair isn't bad it's just abused, I'm not sure if it were mentioned but ledge hop waveland onto the stage is generally a good option...I think you have the frames to shield before your invincibility wears out.

As for the match up, it's link, just **** his **** off, if not with cg'ing due to pal, then just do it with gay top tier ****. He's link, he's not good at all :laugh:
Mh... I should train in order not to miss my wavelands, then ^^
And yeah, I know it's Link, but he ***** me, it doesn't matter what I do, he keeps on ****** me doing strange stuffs, I'm sad. Meeh, it's unfair, I'd like to win, but he's better than me. That's why I'm here, whining in order you to help me not being bad :'<

Top Bottom