• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpick list?

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
I know this is probably stupid. But I thought it would be cool to have a list of all the characters and their worst matchup.
I don't really know enough to make the list but I thought it would be cool to have one.
Also would be interested to hear what the super pros think their character gets most ***** by.

A list like:
Fox < ?
Marth < ?
Sheik < ?
Falco < ?

And so on.
Kind of like... if you were a master of all the characters, which one would you pick to **** the one you're playing against?

:)

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
some others(only sure on about 60-70% sure on these. please clairify otherwise)....

Mario>DK

Luigi>Mario

Ganon>Samus

Samus>Doc

Doc>Ganon

IC>>>DK

IC>Luigi

Pichu=Kirby

Pikachu>Kirby

DK>Mewtwo

Mewtwo>Bowser

Kirby>Bowser

Bowser>Pichu

Ness>Bowser

Jiggs>>Ness

ICs>>>>>>Bowser

Peach>Jiggs

Jiggs>Cap

Mario>Ness

Mario=Doc

not sure on most of these, but there you go.

Fletch

Smash Master
There's just too much that would go into this, as a lot of this is stage dependent... For example, Fox's worst matchups would be Marth on FD or Falco on non-FD, but then he can completely throw the matchup in his favor against Marth by picking a stage like Pokefloats and FD for Falco. Matchups just aren't as simple as Character A>Character B, unless it's Sheik vs. a majority of the cast.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
There's just too much that would go into this, as a lot of this is stage dependent... For example, Fox's worst matchups would be Marth on FD or Falco on non-FD, but then he can completely throw the matchup in his favor against Marth by picking a stage like Pokefloats and FD for Falco. Matchups just aren't as simple as Character A>Character B, unless it's Sheik vs. a majority of the cast.
true. Like how a Fox or Falco can Massacre a peach on Corneria, but get destroyed on Brinstar.

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't looking for a matchup chart. Just people's opinions on the one character you would pick to **** another character in a set.
Like... if you knew they had to stay w/ one character for 3 random stage matches, which one would you pick (if you could only use one) to give yourself the best chance of beating them.

I know the matchup chart would show this, but I like to hear who people think ***** their character the best. Just that one character you feel like your main CANNOT beat... and why.

That's what I was going for anyway...

My main is falcon, and I hate the sheik matchup. Even though the fox/falco matchups are probably worse for the captain, I just HATE sheik. The spacie matchups are fun, and feel winnable... the sheik one on the other hand I hate more than seth rogan.

Defqon.1

Smash Rookie
Here's what I'd counterpick (these are based off my own skill levels vs. the people I've played):

Fox/Falco > Sheik
Falco > Falcon
Sheik >>>>>> Falcon
Falcon > Marth
Falcon > Fox
uh, try something and hope for the best > Falco
Roy > Fox/Falco (for lulz)

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Hey lord Vaati...
Why does Mario **** DK so hard?
he's one of the characters that Mario's close range style is most effective against. plus, Mario can CG him easy. It's about 60-40 or 55-45 for Mario, but it's not really ****. DK vs. IC or Shiek- that's ****.

Top Bottom