• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpick Stages (vs. Kirby)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
We bragging about pummeling and releasing now?

I know a guy who I can pummel twice with FOX on 130%, too bad he's a scrub.

noradseven

Smash Lord
We bragging about pummeling and releasing now?

I know a guy who I can pummel twice with FOX on 130%, too bad he's a scrub.
Sometimes when I know people just mash uncontrollably to get out I just go okay pummel pummel, they mashed PS, dash grab pummel pummel very demoralizing.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I think Japes is a pretty obvious ban here if it's legal. I'm not really sure what to ban though if it's already banned (tourneys have started banning it in my area)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So... so far...
Take them to flatter stages... (Yoshi's, Halberd, FDlol)
Ban ones where he can run. (Japes, RC, Brinstar.)

I love levels where Wario cannot approach above, like Yoshi's and Halberd. On Halberd, the killing up thing is once again neutralized, since we both can kill up, but IMHO limiting Wario's movement is more important anyways.
I also like Frigate for this reason on the "flipped" side, and on the "normal" side we don't get gayed any more than Wario does.

Delfino is okay, but Wario can camp pretty hard on some parts of the level, so I would not really take him there.
PS1 is okay, some stages are good for him, some aren't. The normal part is equally good for both of us.

Stages like BF/Brinster/RC with lots of platforms, and places to move are stupid vs. Wario. His mobility...

Oh yeah.
Neutrals: Strike BF/Lylat (Probably on SV.)
Ban: RC/Japes/Brinster
CP: Halberd/YI/Frigate?/Delfino?

If this is generally agreed upon, I can switch to the next character.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Diddy Kong time!

We usually want to go to stages that have more platforms and more space to run around. The new infinite will make it less scary on flat stages, but they're still generally better for Diddy.

My thoughts:
Strikes: SV/FD
Ban: SV/FD/Delfino
CP: Brinstat/RC/CS/BF

DISCUSS!

solecalibur

Smash Master
Diddy Kong time!

We usually want to go to stages that have more platforms and more space to run around. The new infinite will make it less scary on flat stages, but they're still generally better for Diddy.

My thoughts:
Strikes: SV/FD
Ban: SV/FD/Delfino
CP: Brinstar/RC/CS/BF

DISCUSS!
.....Next character?

But only thoughts to add is
Frigate is a **** stage against diddy I know we don't sore here but diddy hurts more then we do

I disagree on the delfino and BF ban we have more options to render his banana game

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
.....Next character?

But only thoughts to add is
Frigate is a **** stage against diddy I know we don't sore here but diddy hurts more then we do

I disagree on the delfino and BF ban we have more options to render his banana game
I just figured Delfino had lots of flat parts to it. Also, I said we should CP BF, not ban it.
I'll keep frigate in mind.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Since we kind of have our way with CPs, what would everyone say is the best overall CP? Assuming they ban RC, I'd say brinstar for sure.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
<3 Brinstar
Def. my personal best level by far, so I'm probably biased.

Stupid Edit:
We're on Falco now guys.
Other than the obvious strike of FD, and the ban of FD/Japes, what stages shoudl we avoid/play on? :3

I don't wanna throw my answers in at the beginning for this one.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Strike FD and SV
They will normaly take us to BF

CP
Llyat , Brinstar, Norfair, (even yoshi's island but we have better CP options), RC
High ceiling (I know that hurts us but that hurts them even more) and not flat in short there kill potential is almost as bad as sonics
and prepare to see their 2ndary

Ban FD , Japes
Something neutral but Japes over FD

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Brinstar is awesome for this matchup. RC is obviously nice also but don't get grabbed and spiked on the top parts of the map with no ledges.

Assuming you can't go to either of those, Lylat and CS are both pretty nice because of the slopes. On CS, try and control the left portion. The second stage has the statues that block the lasers, lots of air space and plats to run around on. It also has walkoffs, so don't get grabbed (not difficult at this part). Dash lock walkoff would be badaz. The 3rd is lylat without plats essentially. you can just plank this stage away until it transitions if you don't want to play here.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Against Falco...remember...BAN. JAPES. Falco shenanigans there. And we don't want that.

Lylat is a pretty decent stage against Falco. Especially since tether locks on to the ledge...while firebird does not. Stage tilt fun? Oh yes.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Brinstar is awesome for this matchup. RC is obviously nice also but don't get grabbed and spiked on the top parts of the map with no ledges.

Assuming you can't go to either of those, Lylat and CS are both pretty nice because of the slopes. On CS, try and control the left portion. The second stage has the statues that block the lasers, lots of air space and plats to run around on. It also has walkoffs, so don't get grabbed (not difficult at this part). Dash lock walkoff would be badaz. The 3rd is lylat without plats essentially. you can just plank this stage away until it transitions if you don't want to play here.
I really really like the idea of CS
First part is probly in falcos favor
2nd in ours since lazors are blocked
3rd in ours because the stage tilts? (I still have trouble with the 3rd phase)

noradseven

Smash Lord
Against Falco...remember...BAN. JAPES. Falco shenanigans there. And we don't want that.

Lylat is a pretty decent stage against Falco. Especially since tether locks on to the ledge...while firebird does not. Stage tilt fun? Oh yes.
And what have him CP FD...ban FD, switch characters for Japes switch back if you lose.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
I usually strike Smash Ville and FD.
Ban Japes or FD.

I usually cp Brinstar, RC, CS or Lylat.
Norfair it's not a good choice IMO.
I usually train with a very nice Falco and he camps the crap ot of me on that stage.
He usually jumps between platforms spamming lasers and side B. -___-''

Xyless

Smash Master
Though I would normally say Ban Japes, the stage is banned at most tourneys I go to, so it doesn't really make a difference to me, and I automatically ban FD because of that.

As far as CPs go, I take Falcos to either Lylat (if it isn't banned) or PS1. Lylat is especially useful because the janky edges make for easier edgehogging with her tether. However, I really can't contribute that much, since I haven't been able to go to a tourney since I started co-maining ZSS.

Zero

Smash Hero
wtf ban BF? That's crazy talk.

I love Brinstar and BF for the Falco matchup. I avoid Japes and FD like Y.Pestis.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Since when does CO18 play falco?
and you out skilled them ... =D
also I think enough has been said about this character?
He's played him for a while, he says.
And, yeah, I'm changing this when I get home today. Sorry, this weekend I was so tired. -.-

solecalibur

Smash Master
Strike FD and SV
Counter pick something that isnt flat or neutral
I see more IC's going to YI also so avoid that stage if possible
Ban FD

Zero

Smash Hero
I quite enjoy not banning SV and FD against Ice Climbers. But in a serious match against a good IC, ban those two stages. Counterpick Brinstar/Cruise/BF/Siege/normal good levels for you.

Meh, nothing too bad about this. Avoid your bad stages, play on your best/favourites.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Supermodel, Smashville is not that bad.
I'm just thinking about Orpheon due to the moving platform with no edge on the first part, but maybe it's too risky.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I really dont like Smashvile vs IC's I prefer BF or the Llyat/PS1
Ban FD
CP stages with lava / llyat / Easy to platform camp etc

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Brinstar, Cruise, Frigate. I prefer Brinstar for the most part because of the lava.

And SV really isnt that bad, I usually strike FD and YI.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Marth Marth Marth!

All I know is, BF is his best level, so don't take him there.
RC is okay as a CP.

DISCUSS!

Top Bottom