• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpicking/Banning with Pit

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't teh stage picks be changed to currects already?

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counter/Banned
Distant Planet (moved from C)
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

Also i think you should ban Battlefield for Snake matchups, it might be me but most snake here (Locally) will choose BF on me if they can.

Coffee™

I need it....
Shouldn't teh stage picks be changed to currects already?

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Counter/Banned
Distant Planet (moved from C)
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

Also i think you should ban Battlefield for Snake matchups, it might be me but most snake here (Locally) will choose BF on me if they can.
I updated them in the OP and why ban BF against Snake? Thats like Pit's best starter and snake doesnt gain any real advantage over him there.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
I updated them in the OP and why ban BF against Snake? Thats like Pit's best starter and snake doesnt gain any real advantage over him there.
well it might have something to do with snakes **** utilt or his u smash which us reflecting would not be nearly as useful since it coming back down would be blocked by the platform, when all we really got going for us is our uair with the platforms, plus arrow loops get hampered by the platforms (i know you dont see them as useful but for some of us they are)

hmmmm i dunno our upsmash is weak, and the only the last hit will hit, our utilt is good and comes out fast, but only the last hit will connect as well, i think final d would be a better stage to face snake on

Coffee™

I need it....
well it might have something to do with snakes **** utilt or his u smash which us reflecting would not be nearly as useful since it coming back down would be blocked by the platform, when all we really got going for us is our uair with the platforms, plus arrow loops get hampered by the platforms (i know you dont see them as useful but for some of us they are)

hmmmm i dunno our upsmash is weak, and the only the last hit will hit, our utilt is good and comes out fast, but only the last hit will connect as well, i think final d would be a better stage to face snake on
You shouldnt be worrying about reflecting his Usmash to begin with as you put yourself in a bad position almost every time you do it. His Utilt is an annoyance on any stage and imo I don't see a problem with it on BF as I find it hard to get hit by it on a platform since Snake doesn't have any moves that could possibly get you up there that could lead into getting hit by one, especially at kill percentages.

Arrow looping is whatever, you already know my stance on it.

Pit's Usmash (all 3 hits can hit btw), Utilt, Dair, Nair and Uair and even to some extent Fair all work well with BF's platforms.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
I think that Smashville is a better starter against snakes then BF is. the moving platform can hamper thier abilty to edgeguard and (For me anyway) It longer in terms of length. a snake can't mortar slide to me without me noticing.

Shadowfang89

Smash Rookie
Concerning the Lucario Cp's

Don't counterpick Frigate against a Lucario he'll be happy to go there, even if it is a great stage for Pit, it will likely end up being an even fight, as its also a great stage for Lucario... Rainbow Cruise is prolly the best if they are dumb enough not to ban it, if not there, then Final D(way better for you than it is for us), or Lylat like you said xD...

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
I'm not really referring to actually getting spiked into a blast zone and dying. More so the fact that the water can drag you away at inopertune times and the alligator that appears randomly can net him free KOs if he gets you into the water at the right time which really isn't too hard for him in this stage.

I've heard from a lot of boards that it actually has a lower ceiling, but I just tested it myself....it has pretty much the same ceiling blast zone as the neutrals so i'll take it down from some of the stages to ban

Smashville is pretty neutral, sure its a great stage to camp on but it doesn't really put Luigi at any more of a disadvantage than it does if you were at other stages like FD for example

Pikachu can get easy kills on RC because of Thunder. I would rather ban RC than Counterpick it to stop Thunders.

Pit never holds Wario off the ground for him to do a aerial grab release, so the only time that will happen is if you somehow manage to grab Wario at the edge or if the Wario player actually tries to break out with an aerial release.
regardless of the spikes which aren't easy to get hit by, Dk is huge so its really easy to pelt him with arrows and keep him in the water and even if you miss his recovery is so predictable.

for luigi smashville is a legit CP, but R@vyn is right i don't see where the big disadvantage is. frigate i think is a better choice.

Pikas thunders are way predictable and with all the **** going on in RC it's a decent pick + his recovery isn't as good as Pits

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Banning Luigi's Mansion against DK seems to be a good idea. I was counterpicked there at a tourney this weekend and while the bottom half of the house was still up, he was going down-b crazy, bouncing me between the ceiling and the ground. It was still a close game, but a very good counterpick against me, and probably any other character.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I would also get rid of Mansion against DK. The duration of the hitboxes from DK's Powerful Smashes and Down-B increase, and just when you think you timed it right, you may get hit. It's better off trying to destroy the stupid mansion ASAP should u be taken there. Keep it destroyed at all times so you can freely use arrows and such.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Here's just some info to better avoid losing matches.

You don't want to necessarily avoid banning something on Olimar like PS1. Though it's an advantageous stage, the transitions give Pit so much time to effectively camp by arrow looping and such, and Pit has an easier time gimping, do o the lip of the stage generally messing up or recovery. I'd ban something more simple like, Yoshi's.

We are able to use the platform much more efficiently than Pit, and the ghost is nothing but trouble for you, whether saving us from gimped, or setting up and edge guard on Pit via the ghost, or messing your glide via the same method. Also sides are pretty small so we have better chances to kill you with throws. Just some output. Debates are good though, so if anyone says anything i'd be free to comment.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I know this is old, but we need to review Pit's best & worst stages. What are Pit's best counterpicks and what are his worst? Why?

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I am not sure about all you guys but i hate the crap out of stages with many platforms. That obstacle screws with with my moves too much Id always have to reconsider some moves or do it in a different way just because those things are there. Stages with only one platform though are fine for me. also I feel that flat stages and long ones are great for pit especially the ones you can fly under, The stages id go with would be FD, SV, Frigate, halabard (certain match ups) and Pictochat (where legal). Stages that I feel are horrible for pit would be BF, YI, halabard (certain match ups), and brinstar. This is my opinion only please tell me what you guys think?

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Definitely ban Norfair against Lucario. Those many platforms make it so much harder to gimp him because he's got more edge grabbing options. And we all know, the longer Lucario is kept alive, the harder it's going to be to kill him what with him getting stronger the more damage he has.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
BF isn't that bad, I actually think it could be one of his best neutral stages. Its easy to fly under the stage, and the stage isn't as long as FD, where anything could happen for the time you stay under the stage.

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
Just a zero-suit passing by, and noticed your CP/Bans. Not exactly sure on your logic: lylat cruise and frigate are both good zero suit stages (her recovery isn't gimped by lylat, and frigate both forces people into the air and lets her down-smash b-air spike on the right side with no edge) Zero suit will never take you to luigi's, as the barriers limit her suit piece game.

I would counterpick either halberd or Delphino against ZSS, and ban norfair/brinstar. In the neutrals, ban yoshi's and battlefield (take her to smash or FD).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
For one, Mansion is now in the banned category, and has been for quite a while.

Next, the list is OLD, like over a year old, with no updates.
However, if I was thinking of CPs and bans, I would CP Frigate at least, and get rid of YI, until we get more detailed up-to-date information on the matchup.

Top Bottom