• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CP help

havac

Smash Cadet
hi guys new with snake.
I don't know what stages to CP with hm and if there were any stages to avoid.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
CP whatever you feel comfortable with, and doesn't give your opponent a stupidly good advantage (EG: Wario/Marth on Brinstar. DDD on Delfino)

I, for instance, CP Rainbow Cruise. Ally likes to counterpick Castle Seige. Many others would CP Halberd if their opponents didn't ban it.

Others would CP neutrals.

EDIT:
Turns out he's also new to DDD and MK?

Underload

Lazy
Snake is a character with very few bad stages.

But your opponent's character may have one or two very good stages for them that Snake would rather not play on. For example, like SuSa said, Wario/Marth/DK on Brinstar, Dedede on Delfino, Falco on Japes, etc.

Your best bet is to just mess around with stages and see which ones are most comfortable for you, and be REALLY smart with what stage you ban during a set.

Personally, I like sticking to neutrals (FD / Smashville especially), but I'm not against going to a comfortable CP stage, like Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1 (sometimes a starter, but whatever), Frigate, MAYBE Lylat, or Delfino if I know my opponent doesn't play D3.

Again, it's all about how comfortable you are on certain stages.

SuSa

Falco boards have stated they'd never take a good Snake to Japes, we **** to much there.

Also several people and I think Japes may in fact, be Snake's best stage. You just have to adjust how you play a tad bit... and never take DDD there.

Gr1mmy

Smash Apprentice
How in the world would you be able to play Japes to your advantage O_O

SuSa

Camp the middle platform vs 1/2 the cast, camp the right platform against the other 1/2.

Trust me. Proper mine/c4 placement on that middle platform makes you ****ed impossible to approach from a platform.

Underload

Lazy
Yeah, but I like CPs that suit and compliment my playstyle, not make me change it around :/

I'll try it out though. A certain Peach(Underwater) just loves taking me to Japes.

Underload

Lazy
It really isn't. At all.

I can (and do) beat him there in friendlies, I just choked once in tourney back in June when he took me there and he got a stock lead quickly.

Ended in a 1 stock victory for him.

Actually, I think that's where he got that whole notion from.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Oh...So many options. I think that Snake and MK equally break the counterpicking system.
All of the neutrals are good. Castle Seige, Halberd, Brinstar, Frigate, Japes, Rainbow Cruise.

I personally choose between Smashville, Rainbow Cruise, Halberd or Brinstar for my CPs. But that's just me.

Play around with stages, and choose stages that you feel comfortable on.

Panix

Smash Ace
Falco boards have stated they'd never take a good Snake to Japes, we **** to much there.

Also several people and I think Japes may in fact, be Snake's best stage. You just have to adjust how you play a tad bit... and never take DDD there.
Try taking a DK there, UP+B abuse.
It's a stage that you MUST ban against DK.

gallax

Smash Hero
my best stage is halberd. i love playing anyone on halberd, even fox. theres just something about that stage that makes my snake a billion times better.

if thats banned though my other two CP's that i like are frigate and lylat. personally i like frigate a little better than lylat. you can hide your c4's so much better on frigate. there are like 4 places that you can hide a c4 on the second transformation. i love it. lylat is good all around, i think so at least, cuz it can gimp your opponent just becuase its lylat, its dark enough to hide explosives and proximities and c4's, and its really easy to tech when you c4 yourself when recovering.

i like brinstar if not playing against a character who has a sword. this is toon link, marth, mk. etc... im really starting to consider taking DDD to there. just bounce around the plats and keep exploding stuff. also, i wouldnt take sheik there. she can manuever around faster than you can.

I don't know how to control halberd well, one of my worse stages but it's suppose to be the best

BigDaddy4

Smash Journeyman
Snake's best stage is Halbred due to the low celing, making the utilt kills come at lower %. If thats banned, most Snakes go with Lylat, due to the platforms being great for C4/mine planting or Frigate, mainly cause the platforms are great spots to put the C4.

Top Bottom