• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU cheapness: Dropping the Hammer

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I've finally figured out why I can't ever drop a Hammer, and it's because only CPU's at a high level have the ability to drop it, and it happens when they get knocked off stage while holding a hammer. I find it so cheap, but that's the way it is.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
All items can be knocked out of players hands.

Most items can be dropped, with z, but hammers can not.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
What! That's not true. You can drop the hammer, i did it many times before but don't know EXACTLY how to do it, but it is possible. I think i pressed one of the shield buttons at the end of the knock back that was applied to me.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
no he's saying cpu can drop hammers if they know they are going to die while players can not.
but since I don't use items idk if thats true.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Well I remember in Melee the hammer could be dropped by pressing Z, but it would only work sometimes if you were lucky. I know you can drop the hammer by teching, but maybe you can drop by pressing Z in mid-air like Melee.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
iirc, you can drop hammers while in hitstun or something to that effect. In Melee you could both throw hammers and bypass the actual hammer swinging phase with certain animations, like Samus's morph ball bomb explosions.

Top Bottom