• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU Learning Abilities in SSBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't see why the computers teching has anything to do with them learning, they were programmed to do it.

The thing that annoys me about LV9s isn't the power shielding, it's the meteor cancelling *shudders*.

(On another note, am I the only one who thinks that the big shield should be called a Power Shield and the other thing should be called a Perfect Shield? Seems to fit better to me)

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Ganon would be top tier simply because his up-b is pretty strong. Most other CPUs simply spam their jabs and grabs. And CPUs can't trick Ganon into suiciding with the attack.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I don't see why the computers teching has anything to do with them learning, they were programmed to do it.

The thing that annoys me about LV9s isn't the power shielding, it's the meteor cancelling *shudders*.

(On another note, am I the only one who thinks that the big shield should be called a Power Shield and the other thing should be called a Perfect Shield? Seems to fit better to me)
all true, and I agree about the sheild names.

Will have a story but I'm in a rush so not yetttt....

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
every move has values and whenever a player human or cpu connects with a move a value is added and they just use good moves

which is why the jab so much

because the connect value is so high

same with shine

but mostly its just programmed garbage

im shielding

theyll try to grab

its just cpu its easier to beat them with one move then to play them like a normal thats why u play v lvl 1s .... or 5s is youre dumb...

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
every move has values and whenever a player human or cpu connects with a move a value is added and they just use good moves

which is why the jab so much

because the connect value is so high

same with shine

but mostly its just programmed garbage

im shielding

theyll try to grab

its just cpu its easier to beat them with one move then to play them like a normal thats why u play v lvl 1s .... or 5s is youre dumb...
But how would a lvl 9 fox be programmed to Jump-cancel shine? or ledgetech>walljump?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
its just lucky timing of inputs because the game is so freeform it's not exactly

if x then y

its more like oh ****

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
its just lucky timing of inputs because the game is so freeform it's not exactly

if x then y

its more like oh ****
It's still funny, though. Regardless if they learn or not, I know I can't stop laughing when 2 CPU's pull off a team combo or a lvl 9 Fox ledgetechs my forward smash, lol.

OneWing_Angel

Smash Apprentice
Melee computers do not learn whatsoever, they've teched and done crazy crap since day one of release. I remember seeing Falco walltech when I first got the game. (Bricks were **** though, because I had no idea wtf it did to survive lol)

Brawl's computer's SEEM to learn, but it's just because their algorithm system is much cleaner and refined.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Melee computers do not learn whatsoever, they've teched and done crazy crap since day one of release. I remember seeing Falco walltech when I first got the game. (Bricks were **** though, because I had no idea wtf it did to survive lol)

Brawl's computer's SEEM to learn, but it's just because their algorithm system is much cleaner and refined.
:psycho: The lvl 9 CPU's are actually learning but they're acting dumb to make it seem like they don't learn? :psycho:

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
:urg: Sorry for Double post, but my lvl 9 Link just moonwalked and my ice climbers insist on chaingrabbing me while nana blizzards and popo forward smashes. :urg:

Oracle

Smash Master
I've seen CPU's do some ridiculous stuff, like ledgeteching. Fun fact: If you fire a projectile at a level nine while he's walking towards you, he'll almost always powershield it.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I've seen CPU's do some ridiculous stuff, like ledgeteching. Fun fact: If you fire a projectile at a level nine while he's walking towards you, he'll almost always powershield it.
Omg, I know. That's why I hate playing lvl 9 CPU's when I'm Sheik. They always F*ing powershield my needles... gahh!!!!

Kodu02

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if all your lvl 9 cpus just walk slowly and jab or grab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom