• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU's.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Seriously, do the computer players put up a challenge anymore on level 9?
I mean, is there any character that actually puts up a fight?
The only character I can think of is Luigi, but everybody has a character they always slip up on.
Your thoughts?

And I just got 21000th thread here. Winner is me.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Seriously, do the computer players put up a challenge anymore on level 9?
I mean, is there any character that actually puts up a fight?
The only character I can think of is Luigi, but everybody has a character they always slip up on.
Your thoughts?

And I just got 21000th thread here. Winner is me.
Fail.

Get out of my house.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
I actually went back and played a level 9 not too long ago and it was pretty easy, fancy mind games don't work so well but well all you do is shield grab and c-stick wh0re then its pretty simple, not hard at all.

Son1x

Smash Apprentice
lvl9's are WAY to annoying for me, they spam Nair so much its stupid!

I mean, a normal person can't Nair EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY MEET YOU IN MIDAIR! gawd

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I see. The most annoying thing I find is that whenever you even jump Ganondorf uses his Up + B. Every freaking time.
And that video is ridiculous.

Hero C

Smash Rookie
Why can't they? CPU does suck though. I wish I had more people to play with constantly, but the group of guys I hung out with lose interest in things really quickly.

Going to try to get my buddy to get into Smash, although it will be hard with him not owning the Wii, and being a Maddenite.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Lol, my Fox got a bit better since then, not by much though. It's pretty good considering what I can and can't do with him. (yay for crap tech skill) >_> Falco still sucks nuts though. My youtube has some newer Fox footage, if you are looking for more entertainment at my expense. ;)

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
Lv1's are better for practising spacing. It's fun to kill Lv9's in front of people who are new to the game. They call you nice names. That is until you face them and beat them. Then they may call you bad names.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Lv1's are better for practising spacing. It's fun to kill Lv9's in front of people who are new to the game. They call you nice names. That is until you face them and beat them. Then they will call you bad names.

Thats basically my family right there, my edit in red of course.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Which is why I'm looking forward to playing online. Sure, you'll still encounter n00bs, but meh.
Basically a replacement for playing against computers, isn't it?

Tanzz

Smash Cadet
Which is why I'm looking forward to playing online. Sure, you'll still encounter n00bs, but meh.
Basically a replacement for playing against computers, isn't it?
Actually, all of the players you think you are playing online are really just computers anyway. But with Sakurai's new online system, you won't even know the difference!

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
If only there were harder lvl CPUs. I could probily beat like a lvl 17 or so^_^
and what would this cpu do? jab more often?

and i loled at your post/sig combo. "probily" is pretty bad spelling for "probably" when you claim to have better grammar than everyone.

AeryEcho

Smash Cadet
I don't like the Marth CPU, it knows how to exploit his grab range perfectly >_>
I swear, he warps me half across the stage when he grabs me!

Aaaaanyways,
Problem with making a super computer AI is that if it isn't godly powerful with its ability to do perfect timing, then it has to not be predictable and be random, or even adapt to its opponent. Or both.

That sounds like a set up for a horror/sci-fi movie. Somebody's going to develop that AI and watch it take over the WiFi in Brawl, only to loose control of it...wouldn't that be fun, though? If there was a godly powerful "player" that shows up on the random wifi "with anyone" battles...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I know that if you pay All-Star mode as much as I do, you will notice they will get a bit more agressive and precise. I noticed this when my level 6 CPU had the superhuman reflexes my LV 9 CPU's have now. This just means more oppurtunities to make them SD. For example in MKII, I like to stand on a higher platform and lure the CPU on the lower platform. I use their reflexes against them and throw a projectile when they leave the ground to nair me. They try to powershield, but they forgot they left the ground, leaving them to fall to their doom. Also works on Kongo Jungle too.

I knew this since 2005 and you are just now figuring this out?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I knew this since 2005 and you are just now figuring this out?
Really? A vid that came out in December of '07 and you knew about it in '05? AMAZING!!!!!!

But seriously, its not that hard to outsmart a computer. Just sit there ledge hopping as gannon and most level nines will jump off the platform and kill themselves. Go to flatzone/MKII and just stand there inhaling as kirby and you can just spit them out outside of the death lines. Yes MOST people know that level nines are meaningless but there are still some new people here, that vid was just a way to show how exploitable they are.

Top Bottom