• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cranky's Lab: Video & Kritique Thread

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Lulzville.

To charge punch once in the air from a short hop canceling it with Z then using it to bait for a Bair, or not to charge punch once in the air from a short hop canceling it with Z then using it to bait for a Bair.

Now that's a question.
you intentionally trying to give me a headache from reading that?

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
i think most DK's just need a basic guide* on how to play specific matchups, im still waiting for Will
to finish his post in the matchup thread :D i hope he hasnt forgotten about it

only matchup i think im playing kinda decent is Wario, since its the only one i play O.o ow, and Rob i guess
Haha no, I didn't forget =P I did however want to wait a little bit until I figured out some more things in the rest of the matchups before making another post. I'll try to finish it off soon =)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Haha no, I didn't forget =P I did however want to wait a little bit until I figured out some more things in the rest of the matchups before making another post. I'll try to finish it off soon =)
Will is MINE.

Ya'll find someone else to worship.

I don't think I'm getting the invincible Up-B down. It's KILLING ME.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Yeah, same here. I got Pika, Wolf, G@W, Marth, and a few others down like crazy. So i should be posting them in the Cheatsheet soon. Mainly Pika though.

I have 0-death Pikachu twice, and they were two different people playing as Pika.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yeah, same here. I got Pika, Wolf, G@W, Marth, and a few others down like crazy. So i should be posting them in the Cheatsheet soon. Mainly Pika though.

I have 0-death Pikachu twice, and they were two different people playing as Pika.
@.@

Get that **** posted asap!!

I need that Pika MU.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Will is MINE.

Ya'll find someone else to worship.

I don't think I'm getting the invincible Up-B down. It's KILLING ME.
the trick is to not press upB to quickly, you press down, jump immediately, wait, WAIT, and when you pretty much touch the stage, you upB

also, a friend of mine once hit me out of it with wario's fsmash WHILE I WAS BLINKING INVINCIBLE, anyone got an answer to that? O.o

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't Warios Fsmash also have some sort of armour abilities in the beginning of the move?

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
:o

Well, that sucks.
the worst thing was, that i didnt have the feeling: oh, well maybe i didnt time my upB right :S since i was really blinking invincible without a punch charged (so the steam didnt confuse me or whatever), so i really wonder if his fsmash just blatantly beat out my attack, and the invincibility stopped since the attack got cancelled and then he hit me, but i dont even know if thats possible xD

daisho

Smash Lord
I missed part of the conversation but any grounded attack over 14% will hit DK out of invincible up B on yoshis... and it clanks with a lot of stuff. Still useful against a few characters though.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I missed part of the conversation but any grounded attack over 14% will hit DK out of invincible up B on yoshis... and it clanks with a lot of stuff. Still useful against a few characters though.
Well this is..

:|

What is this I don't even

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Metaknight definitely.
Snake
Yoshi

those are the three that come to mind where i have actually failed in a tourney set against but there are definitely way more.
Pit and Mario as well, cause they can cape/shield our up-b and reverse it, even if it is invincible then can still do it.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Not sure but wouldn't we not slide far enough to be off the stage with those two?
Well, I am assuming the mario cape thing. But for Pit's shield, i saw it in action. We go completely offstage. and the only way we can recover is if we can land on Jefferey.

But i think mario's cape will put us in the same position since it has similar properties.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
God, that's such a mood killer...

That's why I go Peach when it comes to Mario/ Pit.
Well its just one move, its not that bad. When fighting pit/Mario and you are recovering forward b away from the stage, to turn you around, so your back is facing them so you can bair them if they try to gimp you with cape/shield. Also save you DJ, if you do that then they will cape/shield thinking that your next will be up-b when all you are doing is jumping. Just dont do the rofl-copter on YI, or picto when fighting them and you will be fine.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Well its just one move, its not that bad. When fighting pit/Mario and you are recovering forward b away from the stage, to turn you around, so your back is facing them so you can bair them if they try to gimp you with cape/shield. Also save you DJ, if you do that then they will cape/shield thinking that your next will be up-b when all you are doing is jumping. Just dont do the rofl-copter on YI, or picto when fighting them and you will be fine.
Well, true...

But it's happened to me where they screw up my recovery for all 3 stocks. :|

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Got everything up. IT was a total of 4 videos of Will.

If only I had more free time I'd keep up with this better, haha. Stupid Pharmacokinetics is kinda beating me up.

daisho

Smash Lord
I was watching Will's videos from KTAR 3 and... WILL YOU'RE A BEAST. You're such an amazing a player, so glad you play DK.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I was watching Will's videos from KTAR 3 and... WILL YOU'RE A BEAST. You're such an amazing a player, so glad you play DK.
Ahh you're too kind Daisho. It's been so long since last we played!! Must have been at Doom's that one day where there was a snowstorm xD

Also, the rest of my vids from KTAR 3 are finally up. Here they are in order of when they occurred:

Jbandrew (Metaknight) vs Will (DK) 1
Jbandrew (Luigi) vs Will (DK) 2

Slikvik (Wario) vs Will (DK) 1
Slikvik (Wario) vs Will (DK) 2

Nakat (Fox) vs Will (DK) 1
Nakat (Fox) vs Will (DK) 2

Will (DK) vs Atomsk (DDD) 1
Will (DK) vs Atomsk (DDD) 2
Will (DK) vs Atomsk (DDD) 3

Will (DK) vs Anti (MK) 1
Will (DK) vs Anti (MK) 2

daisho

Smash Lord
Ya dude still remember getting a GFSC off but you ****ing power shielded it. I was almost crying.

Now I'm in Maryland though, I don't think I'm gonna spend the cash to enter MLG but maybe I'll get a spectator pass and head over there 1-2 days. And maybe I'll find a ride to VC, you'll be there right?

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Ya dude still remember getting a GFSC off but you ****ing power shielded it. I was almost crying.

Now I'm in Maryland though, I don't think I'm gonna spend the cash to enter MLG but maybe I'll get a spectator pass and head over there 1-2 days. And maybe I'll find a ride to VC, you'll be there right?
Yep yep! I'll definitely be at VC8 =) I'll see you there if not at MLG DC then!

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i was hoping Will was going to Jab-lock Atomsk to a Headbutt-f.smash at 4:27 of 1st fight :p
great vids as always.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
i was hoping Will was going to Jab-lock Atomsk to a Headbutt-f.smash at 4:27 of 1st fight :p
great vids as always.
I actually cursed out loud when I realized I had the jab reset and didn't go for it! I panicked by rolling back because I thought he would have had time to airdodge, land normally, and then grab me xD

Also that last punch, if I had a little more room, would have killed him because it was a 9 wind haha.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Well played, Jebu.
Don't overuse Up-B in that matchup, IMO.

Also, lolsakuraicombo.

Top Bottom