• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crawling

Rakath

Smash Ace
Since nobody bothered to answer the 'who can crawl' Question: SmashWiki Crawling entry

Out of the Starting Roster 9 can crawl, which is a little under half. Snake can also crawl, and I'd assume Toon Link could as well (he could in Windwaker). I'm falrly sure Game&Watch, Marth, Sonic, Robot, and Ganondorf WON'T crawl...

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Crawl is good for being able to move under projectiles. Most characters can't hit low enough to peg a crawling Snake, expect for Pit 'cus he's rigged. Pit can arc his to hit a crouching Snake, but nobody else can lower the height of their attacks like in Melee. If you try to short hop a laser or something, they just finish the animation on the ground, at standing height, instead of shooting it really low like before. Crawling gets you close and you can do down-tilts really fast from it.

Mines would be good for edge-guarding if everyone didn't auto-sweetspot. If you lay one on the edge, they just jump over no problem. Also, the downsmash mines can hit Snake just as easily as they can hit the other guy, so I tend to stick with the down-B version. It seemed like a cool mechanic, but in the end a downsmash mine just turns into a prox mine item. It's not really useful to lay it since either of you could hit it.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if Snake still gets hit by his own dsmash if he's crawling?
Yes, he still gets hit.

Also, I just planted a mine on an edge, then jumped off, grabbed the ledge, and rolled back onto the stage. The mine blew up, but I didn't take any damage. I'm guessing this means edgeguarding is out as far as a use for the down smash.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Yes, he still gets hit.

Also, I just planted a mine on an edge, then jumped off, grabbed the ledge, and rolled back onto the stage. The mine blew up, but I didn't take any damage. I'm guessing this means edgeguarding is out as far as a use for the down smash.
when he said crawling I believe he was refering to actually crawling over it not the ledge get up roll

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
When I said "Yes, he still gets hit." I was referring to actually crawling over the mine.

The ledge recovery roll was something I added myself, because someone mentioned using the mine for edgeguarding earlier on in the topic.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
If you're edgehogging while there's a mine on the edge, they have no choice but to get hit by it or die. Also, you could plant it so it's just outside their roll range, but I'm not sure how effective that would be. Still, C4 or Nikita are probably both better for edgeguarding, but mines are good spacing/platform control.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Since nobody bothered to answer the 'who can crawl' Question: SmashWiki Crawling entry

Out of the Starting Roster 9 can crawl, which is a little under half. Snake can also crawl, and I'd assume Toon Link could as well (he could in Windwaker). I'm falrly sure Game&Watch, Marth, Sonic, Robot, and Ganondorf WON'T crawl...
I agree on the Toon Link part. I think it would be a good idea to allow him to crawl. Not just because he did it in WW (though that would be a decent primary reason), but it could also help differentiate him at least a bit from Link/Young Link.

Kryptonite X

Smash Cadet
I've seen snake effectively dodge short hopped dairs completely while crawling right under the jumping opponent.

Top Bottom