• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create an Assist Trophy!

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
After viewing the "Make Your Item!" thread, I was inspired to create a thread about additional AT-inclusions. Just to stay fair, let's not pick characters that would never -- ever make it into the game (ehem... Master Chief), and furthermore, try to keep them in the "minor character range". So, to get the ball rolling, I would have to include:

Goron - it would roll around on stage, hitting anyone on the platform that it resides (careful though, it may roll off of the platform if it picks up too much momentum). Also, it can unroll from its "ball position" to connect a few rock-solid punches to your foes.

White Shy Guy - Just walks around on the stage. However. If you happen to get knocked out of the ring while he is still active, you will not lose a life (or a point, and hence, your opponent will not gain a kill). If you guys don't remember, he was from Yoshi's Story and brought home a Yoshi if it had been captured.

Midna - Floats around, grabbing people with her twilight-head-arm and tossing them around, dealing damage in the process. When she leaves, she teleports, sucking into the twilight any nearby items (rendering them completely gone).

Magikoopa - Teleports around the stage, casting fire spells (and green shells) at your foes.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophy: PaRappa the Rapper

When released he unleashes some mad beats. You will recieve damage if you can not repeat his actions.

Lakitu
Flys up into the air and throws down Spiny Eggs.

Chain Chomp
Dashes off wildly off the edge, possibly taking anyone in its way with it.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
After viewing the "Make Your Item!" thread, I was inspired to create a thread about additional AT-inclusions. Just to stay fair, let's not pick characters that would never -- ever make it into the game (ehem... Master Chief), and furthermore, try to keep them in the "minor character range". So, to get the ball rolling, I would have to include:

Goron - it would roll around on stage, hitting anyone on the platform that it resides (careful though, it may roll off of the platform if it picks up too much momentum). Also, it can unroll from its "ball position" to connect a few rock-solid punches to your foes.

White Shy Guy - Just walks around on the stage. However. If you happen to get knocked out of the ring while he is still active, you will not lose a life (or a point, and hence, your opponent will not gain a kill). If you guys don't remember, he was from Yoshi's Story and brought home a Yoshi if it had been captured.

Midna - Floats around, grabbing people with her twilight-head-arm and tossing them around, dealing damage in the process. When she leaves, she teleports, sucking into the twilight any nearby items (rendering them completely gone).

Magikoopa - Teleports around the stage, casting fire spells (and green shells) at your foes.
Magikoopa has to be a playable character in the next Smash!
Dr. Robotnik in his giant ball contraption (first Sonic boss ever) would be a cool AT.

MarthSephirothfan

Smash Cadet
Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid)- could temporarily take control of opponents in the air, manipulating their movements, attacks, etc. Or, for a more hilarious effect, he could throw furniture around like he does in Metal Gear Solid.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Master Chief.

One-hit KO's everyone(including wielder of the trophy) for the entire match.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Master Chief.

One-hit KO's everyone(including wielder of the trophy) for the entire match.
I think it would be better if he came out and was instantly killed by a head shot. Then a speech bubble appears over his dead body reading, "F#@&! Spawn killed again!"

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
Tails. Picks 'em up, and drags them off-stage.
Yeah, I thought about Tails. Rather than that though, he could just follow you around, like in the original Sonic, spinning around, flying, hitting your foes and such. Imagine getting him while playing as Sonic. Ahh... such nice memories.

Jammo

Smash Cadet
General Custer from Custer's Revenge, in his lego-brick glory. He ties you to a cactus and y'know.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I thought about Tails. Rather than that though, he could just follow you around, like in the original Sonic, spinning around, flying, hitting your foes and such. Imagine getting him while playing as Sonic. Ahh... such nice memories.
You would never see him though because he would be so far behind you he would be off screen. :laugh:

pirkid

Smash Lord
Geno:
Sits there and fails.

(I'm sorry, I don't hate Geno at all. Just have no creativity)

I would love to see Midna as an AT.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Tails: If user is knocked off stage while Tails is out, Tails will follow them and carry them back Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Style.

Ridley: Ridley flies around the stage shooting Plasma out of his mouth, the Plasma does not have much knockback but is a major damage racker.

King Bomb Omb: Slowly walks around the platform he is on, and grabs whoever gets in his range and throws them off the stage. It is very easy to avoid, but instead of normally disappearing, King Bomb Omb stops moving, starts to flash red, and then explodes.

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
General Custer from Custer's Revenge, in his lego-brick glory. He ties you to a cactus and y'know.
LOL!

Anyway, I posted two in my character in "Make your move" thread,
Here are some ideas:

Rosalina
The so-called "removed" AT (Which never was in in first place). She raises her magic wand, spawning Lumas (which are like Stafy, but don't even attack, and are even weaker. They only distract.), and shooting star bits from the sky, damaging opponents.

Mona
Why can't we have more WarioWare AT's? She pretty much acts like Wario on his bike, but she also throws pizzas.

GIGA-SkullKid

Smash Apprentice
twilight princess skull kid: summons puppets that roam around the stage dealing damage
just like excite bike but there are alot less puppets and they can jump

bullet bill: a bullit bill comes out then flys off the side of the screen and then from the same side of the screen a line of BBs fly across dealing damage on contact plus they explode

gid dugg: he goes around pumping up characters(making their percentage go up) then blowing then away

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I don't think Microsoft would ever join forces with Nintendo... but it'd be cool.
They were actually about to.

Elite beat agents: Start dancing to some funky beats, which motivates the summoner to become stronger, such as doubling thier attack power, running very fast, and not being able to flinch.

Ouendan: Same as EBA, but with different effects. Their dancing can make the user become bigger, randomly get superspicy curryed, become invincible, etc.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Actually, I have a Pokeball:

Mewtwo. Kills Lucario and all his fourth generation failure and takes Lucario's spot for the rest of the game. Not the rest of the match, but he replaces him forever.

:cries:

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
Rambi- Randomly charges opponents with his charge dash (DKC2)
Tumble- Rolls a Die from 1-6 the number rolled is multiplied to damage recieved by attacks(Mario Party3)
Baby Mario-Appears in a Bubble screaming extremely loudly creating a damaging sound wave (Yoshi's Island)
Vivian-appears and removes summoner from play for a short time keeping them out of harms way (TTYD)
Flint- Smacks people with his 2x4 (Mother 3)

just to list off a few ideas.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Biff Atlas(from Luigi's Mansion)-He simply does weight-lifting with a barbell. However, if you attack him, he will get mad and charge at you while spinning his arms.
Eggplant Man(from Wrecking Crew)-He runs around back and forth, hitting people who get in the way with a jab,jab and uppercut combo.
Kopter(from DKC3)-He flies all over and around the stage with copter blades, bouncing off the edges of the stage and hitting people who are in the way.
Grinder(from SMW2:YL)-He steals items from enemies and uses those against them.
Tatanga(from SML 1&2)-He follows a specific player around with his ship for a few seconds and then stays in front of that character, vertically going up and down while rapidly shooting lasers. Eventually, his ship explodes, damaging anyone who gets caught in the blast. An improved version of the Staryu Pokéball, basically.

That's all I got.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Birdo: Fires eggs at opponents. Some eggs will explode.

Bonetail (Paper Mario 2): Breathes on foes to reverse their controls. Although huge in its game origin, it would be smaller in Brawl.

Tyrant Twins (DKC3): Both Kuff and Klout will jump and run at random spots, making it hard for foes to escape.

Starman (EarthBound): Attacks with its PSI powers.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Robotnik - Swings the ball around like he does at the end of Green Hills Zone. So epic.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
After viewing the "Make Your Item!" thread, I was inspired to create a thread about additional AT-inclusions.
Cool, I inspired someone!

Rambi- Randomly charges opponents with his charge dash (DKC2)

O.o

Here's one.

Bowser Jr.- He runs across the stage using his paintbrush to cover the ground/floor, giving all platforms an "ice block" effect. Also makes tripping twice as likely until the paint disappears.

The Moon (Majora's Mask)- Crashes into the stage, pretty much instantly 1-stocking any one it touches besides the person who summoned it. It's like Snorlax except bigger, slower, and more powerful.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Daisy - She kills herself because she realizes that she's a skanky ****-***** that sucks massive amounts of ****

seriously though

Black Mage - Fires out a massive energy beam similar to Samus's Final Smash except weaker... then disappears. More later.

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
Daisy - She kills herself because she realizes that she's a skanky ****-***** that sucks massive amounts of ****

seriously though

Black Mage - Fires out a massive energy beam similar to Samus's Final Smash except weaker... then disappears. More later.
I'd rather Black Mage be playable. I hope at least one FF rep makes it in the next Smash Bros. Nintendo and Square have quite a history together, so it's not entirely unlikely.

skips

Smash Rookie
ATs

Miis - Do a Mii Parade across the screen, damaging everyone but the AT wielder (they should use your own Miis, if possible).

Duck Hunt - Ducks fly across the screen and get hit. Anyone in the line of fire is damaged (excepet AT user). The Duck Hunt Dog becomes a distraction after the shooting.

Ouendan/EBA - I like tirkaro's idea.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
If Mega Man had gotten in, something like this probably would have happened.

Rush- The player who summoned him jumps onto his back and uses his jet power to fly around the stage. All attacks except aerials that don't forcibly move the player are possible. The payer cannot be knocked off.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Raphael Raven: Creates shock waves that damage all targets. He'll also bury anyone that he stomps on.

Daroach: Hurls a lot of bombs at opponents. At times he'll also unleash the Squeak Squad to harass your enemies.

Top Bottom