• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating new items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I am really disappointed at the item selection in this game, some items like the Dragoon are pretty cool, while others like Franklin Badge or the Smokebomb are kind of lame.

Is there a PSA for items? I think definitely giving other series more item representation (Bombchu from Zelda, or the Deku Leaf as an alternative to the Parasol, the shields from the Sonic games, Nintendo Zapper, all those items from Pokemon)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
There is no psa for items, but the common3.pac which contains the data for mostly all of them has been hex edited as a means to edit the items themselves. I believe that OpenSa can also show you all the data for the common3.pac as well(I sadly do not know, as it will not download on my computer).

It could technically be possible to create new items via hex editing and vertex editing the items, while working with the mechanics we have and are given by the game. I could see bombchu's as being sped up bomb ombs. Perhaps this may be possible.

Franklin Badge lame.
Raged a little bit.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Edited items would be a nice touch. It seems that there aren't many hacks left (at least in music, mind you that's what I mostly do...) and that could be the next "big thing" in Brawl hacking. Especially assist trophies.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
even if it would be cool, me and i'm guessing many other people wouldn't be using them because who plays with items?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Dantarion had explored a lot on different things within common3 but he left before he could complete, compile, and release all of his work.

Basically, we need more lead hackers again to do this (shanus is heavily involved in P:M and there's no telling what he'll do after its eventual finish).

EDIT: Dant posted below; shanus' experimentation and success with OpenSA2 has done a number of things.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's not hard. It's in the same language as character PAC files. PSA and a few FPs.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
One of the tools Danatrion built can view the item's PSA type file, but you'll have to apply changes using a hex editor, iirc.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Yep, Project:M is already using this so that Link can hit his own bombs.

Assist Trophy **** has been figured out too.

OpenSA2 FTW.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll just ask my question here since it is about moding items.

Anyone know how I would modify Deku Nuts so they would stun for a shorter time and would never blast people away (always stun however it hits)?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You would have to open it in OpenSA2, look at the Deku Nuts, find the offset where the stun hitbox is, turn the hitlag down, then find where the strong hitbox is, then hex it to match the stun hitbox.

Legend_Of_Wii

Smash Rookie
I think items are too hard to edit, I'm trying to make a guitar whacking item (I'm replacing the homerun bat) to replace the old common3.pac with the new one but it doesn't want to replace the homerun bat. Why is that?

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you can change what they do... but you CAN change the model or the texture of the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom