• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating vids on Macbooks?

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to start capturing footage but I'm not sure if I can capture footage on a macbook. Does anyone knows the applications and types of camera cords needed to successfully record video from a wii?

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you're looking for the cheapest and least effort applied method, do what I do.

And that is go into iMovie-->create new project--> now, to the left of the play button you should see a button that looks like a video camera, click that to bring up a drop down menu then click "Built in iSight" in that menu.

Record what you want, drag it from the "clips" on the left into the timeline that runs across the middle.

When you're all done choosing your clips, then you must go File--> Export
Choose full quality so you don't get jibbed on the quality.

Then you should be good. Your video will now be in two formats, the iMovie format incase you want to make changes. And it will also be in a normal video format that will be playable on Quicktime or whatever you use to watch videos.

IMPORTANT-
If you want to upload to youtube, do not choose the iMovie format, choose the Quicktime format of your video.

Hope I helped

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
EPIC clutch, I never thought of using that camera, how dumb of me, thanks a lot man i appreciate your help

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Yea no problem man, glad I could help.

And a few tips to improve the quality of the video-
-Make sure your computer is at the same height of the tv so everything stays proportional.
-Quality goes to sh*t if the tv brightness is too high
-Final Destination (Brawl), because of varying lighting of the stage, is the worst stage to record on.
-If you want to split a clip, select it, drag the playhead to where you want to split it, then go to edit(not editing, EDIT on the top)--> split at play head. (The shortcut is *apple button* + T)
-iMovie has some pretty cool effects if you want to add a title, slow down or speed up a clip, etc...
- To get the the effects, you select a clip and go to editing, not edit.

Just thought I'd save you the time figuring these things out yourself.
Oh- and experiment with the lighting in your room to see if you get better quality with the lights on or off.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Nice Vids!

I'm soo mad at myself for deleting my youtube account.

I had sooo many videos I would love to post.

Even a Paper Mario youtube poop made right from iMovie!

Ghaa....I'm done venting...

Its just all this talk about video recording thats got me reminiscing.

Aextreme, I think you've inspired me to start recording again. Thanks!

Top Bottom