• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crew Battles: Let Challenges Commence!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
CEOLCC challenged MASA in Ubers, but we're waiting for the rules to be ironed out first (Wave+ is writing them).

Are you up for a challenge Chill? It seems the other crews are either conservative or unconcerned.

A_man13

Smash Master
If only I was more active or used shoddy in the past 6 months, then I'd love to do something like this.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
6. So for in the above scenario if player A beat player B with 2 Pokemon remaining he would have a team of 4 Pokemon and 2 Sticky Barb Shedinja to face player C, and so on.
Do you choose the two pokemon you want to keep, or do they have to be the surviving ones?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If your team was Kakuna / Metapod / Magikarp / Feebas / Unown / Spinda and you won losing only Spinda, the remaining members would be your team.

It's hard to work with since it's not like Melee where every stock is the same but that's the best we can do.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
CEOLCC challenged MASA in Ubers, but we're waiting for the rules to be ironed out first (Wave+ is writing them).

Are you up for a challenge Chill? It seems the other crews are either conservative or unconcerned.
Wait, we got challenged? When the **** did that happen?

Hopefully this is OU :evil:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
EST

We need to add a post with everyone's timezones in the Stockpile by compiling all the timezones we can from tourneys, and then get timezones from anyone we're missing.

Makes things so much quicker.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
C'mon Wave we're depending on you to get this done!....

It's so strange calling Annoying Wave.... I've get to get used to it haha

Also you still have him listed as Annoying in the Crew post

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hm. I guess I can try to type up the rules, now that I know what they are.

One last question. What are the allowed playstyles? OU, UU, Uber, Little Cup, NU are givens. How about NEE (Not entirely evolved), mono-color, mono-type, randbat, etc.?
Let the two crews battling be Crew A and Crew B. Let the members of each crew be named 1, 2, 3, and 4. Crew A initiated the challenge.

Crew A picks a tier. All battles must be under the restriction of that tier. In this example, the Uber tier will be used.

Crew A and Crew B each independently choose who will be battling first (akin to the double blind method of choosing characters in Smash). Let the two in this example be A2 and B4.

A2 is victorious against B4. All of A2's Pokémon who fainted during the course of the battle are replaced with Shedinjas equipped with the item Sticky Barb. These Shedinjas simulate an empty team slot. If the battle is played on the simulator Pokémon Online, these Shedinja are not necessary. A2 must then battle against the next member of Crew B. Crew B decides to send out B1. The battle between the handicapped A2 and B2's six-member team is finished. Repeated this cycle until one crew has no more Pokémon.

Example:

Round 1
A2 (Mew, Muk, Lapras, Cleffa, Zapdos, Absol) battles B4 (Onix, Golem, Snorunt, Suicune, Unown, Groudon).
A2 wins. Mew, Muk, and Absol fainted.

Round 2
A2 (Lapras, Cleffa, Zapdos) battles B1 (Elekid, Weavile, Latias, Gliscor, Kyogre, Diglett).
B1 wins. Elekid and Diglett fainted.

Round 3
A3 (Ivysaur, Pichu, Sandshrew, Froslass, Dialga, Pineco) battles B1 (Weavile, Latias, Gliscor, Kyogre).
B1 wins. Weavile, Latias, and Gliscor fainted.

Round 4
A1 (Eevee, Houndour, Mewtwo, Latios, Spinda, Luvdisc) battles B1 (Kyogre).
A1 wins. Eevee fainted.

Round 5
A1 (Houndour, Mewtwo, Latios, Spinda, Luvdisc) battles B2 (Arceus, Rayquaza, Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, Darkrai, Palkia).
B2 wins. None of B2's Pokémon fainted.

Round 6
A4 (Kakuna, Silcoon, Metapod, Caterpie, Weedle, Missingno.) battles B2 (Arceus, Rayquaza, Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, Darkrai, Palkia).
B2 wins.

Crew A no longer has any Pokémon unfainted. Crew B wins.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
What tiers were those examples playing? Ubersucktown...U?

But it looks like we've got our rules. Yay.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Hm. I guess I can try to type up the rules, now that I know what they are.

One last question. What are the allowed playstyles? OU, UU, Uber, Little Cup, NU are givens. How about NEE (Not entirely evolved), mono-color, mono-type, randbat, etc.?
Let the two crews battling be Crew A and Crew B. Let the members of each crew be named 1, 2, 3, and 4. Crew A initiated the challenge.

Crew A picks a tier. All battles must be under the restriction of that tier. In this example, the Uber tier will be used.

Crew A and Crew B each independently choose who will be battling first (akin to the double blind method of choosing characters in Smash). Let the two in this example be A2 and B4.

A2 is victorious against B4. All of A2's Pokémon who fainted during the course of the battle are replaced with Shedinjas equipped with the item Sticky Barb. These Shedinjas simulate an empty team slot. If the battle is played on the simulator Pokémon Online, these Shedinja are not necessary. A2 must then battle against the next member of Crew B. Crew B decides to send out B1. The battle between the handicapped A2 and B2's six-member team is finished. Repeated this cycle until one crew has no more Pokémon.

Example:

Round 1
A2 (Mew, Muk, Lapras, Cleffa, Zapdos, Absol) battles B4 (Onix, Golem, Snorunt, Suicune, Unown, Groudon).
A2 wins. Mew, Muk, and Absol fainted.

Round 2
A2 (Lapras, Cleffa, Zapdos) battles B1 (Elekid, Weavile, Latias, Gliscor, Kyogre, Diglett).
B1 wins. Elekid and Diglett fainted.

Round 3
A3 (Ivysaur, Pichu, Sandshrew, Froslass, Dialga, Pineco) battles B1 (Weavile, Latias, Gliscor, Kyogre).
B1 wins. Weavile, Latias, and Gliscor fainted.

Round 4
A1 (Eevee, Houndour, Mewtwo, Latios, Spinda, Luvdisc) battles B1 (Kyogre).
A1 wins. Eevee fainted.

Round 5
A1 (Houndour, Mewtwo, Latios, Spinda, Luvdisc) battles B2 (Arceus, Rayquaza, Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, Darkrai, Palkia).
B2 wins. None of B2's Pokémon fainted.

Round 6
A4 (Kakuna, Silcoon, Metapod, Caterpie, Weedle, Missingno.) battles B2 (Arceus, Rayquaza, Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, Darkrai, Palkia).
B2 wins.

Crew A no longer has any Pokémon unfainted. Crew B wins.
Seems easy enough. A4 obviously had the best team. :laugh:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What tiers were those examples playing? Ubersucktown...U?

But it looks like we've got our rules. Yay.
I picked Pokémon with short names first. But then I just picked any Pokémon with relatively short names. And then the end I didn't want it to last 80 rounds, so I gave B the win.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I see several problems with this.

A) You can just build counter teams to what your opponent has left.
B) It invalidates some strategies such as explosion and suicide leads.
C) If you use sticky barb shedinjas you can alter which pokemon you lead with based on your opponents lead.

I really think the OP way is simply better suited to pokemon.

Top Bottom