• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Ness

Mangme

Smash Apprentice
Anyone D:?

Well, I also have trouble with many characters.

Like Olimar and Metaknight. ohyea and Mario

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I watched the first 2 minutes of the second vid and it looked alright, if a bit boring. :p
You both seem to play relatively slowly. Just an observation on the first 2 min, though. I gotta go watch Battlestar Galactica now. Best of luck!

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
more yoyo, shorthop more, if you hit somone with pk fire grab them or use the bat, PKT2 mindgames are always helpful too, so watever u want to add is up to you

Mangme

Smash Apprentice
You did, sorta.

Also, does anyone have any tips against the characters I listed? (Olimar, Metaknight, Mario, Sonic)

Well, the characters that are really hard to me are

Olimar, Metaknight, and Sonic.

Cause well, Sonic keeps eating my thunder, and it gets really annoying when I can't recover because of that.

Olimar is just really annoying, I can't touch him because he keeps throwing his Pikmin and running away. When he gets me to a high %, he just smashes me.

And I don't know how to explain my problems about Metaknight. D:. Expect when I'm in the air, he does Shuttle Loop, and I get knocked back far. And when he doesn't do that. he does his Up-Air and I can't DI out of it.

Any tips?

Krell

Smash Journeyman
You're ok. Needs more running attack, Yoyo stalling, and forward air juggling, imo. You are great with thunder, though, I could learn a thing or two from you.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Okay, umm from the vids.

A bit more usmash out of dash and shield. It's got more range than a shieldgrab.
RAR bars or kills instead of relying too much on a bthrow or bat
Nair is also good for edgeguarding. Dair isnt your only option.

I play a good Metaknight, so I can probably help you there.

Shuttle loop is a good killer for Metaknight, but you have to anticipate that and airdodge. I can usually see it coming since people tend to use it's range and I airdodge early.
Do NOT try to shieldgrab too often since after hitting a shield (unless you are CERTAIN it will connect), Metaknights almost ALWAYS dsmash since it is so fast. Use a usmash out of shield instead.
Uair is tough, but sometimes PSI magnet stalling can get you enough time to airdodge. You can also use PKF if you are a bit in front.
Usmash charging often stops a Metaknight who short hops to you.

For Sonic, I don't have much trouble. You outprioritize everything he has and yo-yos being charged stop his rolls in his traks. So do fairs and nairs.
If you are getting gimped, I really have no advice. Sonic's kills remain heavily on gimping, his uair, and fsmash. Ness' fair outprioritizes his uair if you DI to the side and fast fall it. Fsmash is really hard to land if you are playing Ness right and jumping all over the place. The spring gimp however, I can understand. Maybe PSI magnet stalling may throw him off?

For Olimar, you generally outrange him with your fair. Spam it.
If he latches Pikmin on you, the fastest way to get them off is shuffled nair. If he tries to apprach you during then, you can use another nair or even an fair before you land.
For his smashes, your best bet is to spotdodge and ftilt. Edgehog him right after for a gimp kill if you knock him far enough.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Olimar: Nair outprioritizes all pikmin attacks + long lasting USE IT

Sonic: spam fair ??? spam fair ??? bthrrow. Don't go off the stage to edgeguard him. Use pkt to put damage on him as he recovers. Make sure he can't hit you with his homing attack or dair after you pkt and always make sure the pkt hit's from the side if he hasn't used his spring yet. Watch out for his approach with u-smash. Just sheild it and then grab, but if your sheild is low it might go through it.

MK. K fair is really good against him. It destroys his neutral b. Also if a mk misses an attack it's really noticable. Punish him for it. Unlike all the other characters, he doesn't have any weird hitboxes so you can kinda predict his attacks. Watch out for that d-smash.

PS, short hop more. It's much better than full jumping. You want to get out of that habit.

Top Bottom