• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique/Rate My Shiek Please. :)

$ick

Smash Lord
Hi everyone. I main Sheik (cause I'm a nub, lol), but never the less it would be cool if I could get some advice on what to work on and all. :) Sorry the quality of the video isn't great, and for the minute and 20 seconds of nothingness at the beginning. Thanks in advance. =D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j_aLemx38p4

Edit: Lol, thanks CopyCat. :p

CopyCat

Smash Journeyman
Where is the vid link? Edit OK

Your sheik looks good in that vid the only thing I would say is work more on your spacing cause peach can be a b**** at times and try not to Fair her to much because you will get punished if you fair at the wrong time. I hope this helps you out

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
nice wavedashing :D
i dunno if i can help you much, i´d say use the nair less
one time peach had 120% and you hit her out with a nair, upair or fair would´ve been better (i dont know if uair kills at that percentage, i play PAL ^^)
else... dunno ^^
i´m jealous of your wavedashing *gg*

PrimeTimeJap

Smash Cadet
Pretty nice sheik u got there. I myself play a pretty straight forward Shiek, So i would cut-down a little bit on the unneccesary wavedashing. Couple times in both videos i noticed you WD'd where a more simple method would have done you a little better. (thats just me though) Other then that though man looks pretty sweet.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Pretty good stuff there. I like your technical game. I'd suggest abusing your b-air more. It's probably her best move and generally has high priority, and when you're in the air it rules the day. At the beginning your pressure game was pretty good, but it slipped as the match went on (it seemed). Anyway, you should use needles more. It's one of the best projectiles in the game, and you can use it to benefit yourself a lot more than you do. Whether it's just standing and shooting a charge shot (great for a little extra %) or shooting them down in midair, it works all the time. You should mix it up, too. If you're in the air, you can shoot her and escape, or needle cancel and come down with a fair (or uair if you're close; it's nice to get your opponent into the air). Hope I helped, and keep up the good work.

EDIT: I missed the second video initially. I'll point stuff out as I watch it.

- at mid percents and above, you can't downthrow->upsmash peach. A decent peach player will know how to get out of it, and since its possible, I would go for something quicker like a tilt. I like what you do later on: downthrow->Nair.

- edgeguarding peach can be tricky, but Bair just sends her higher up. Use Fair.

- reverse needle cancel to Bair @ 2:42 ftw

- lol what happened at the end? nice match

Jose Andres Herrera

Smash Cadet
Your Sheik is good. Your wavedash really helps you alot in combat.

I suggest you to use more the Ground Dodge when opponents try to hit you with fast attacks. Anyways, good sheik. :p

QuickSi1ver

Smash Cadet
Very good technical game and wavedashing but use f-air more man, its a godsend. Just jump off the stage and smash her with it.

Top Bottom