• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crossovers thread. Who has met who, where and how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
oh yeah Captain N had a bunch of third party guest characters
Megaman series- Megaman, Dr Wily, Dr Light, and Roll
Castlevania- Simon Belmont, the Count (Dracula) and Alucard
Dragon Warriors- Dragonlord
Adventures of Bayou Billy- Bayou Billy

then they reference a bunch of other series like Final Fantasy, Faxanadu, Paper Boy, and even Gradius.

Captain N was awesome.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I don't see what use this serves, Megaman is more likely than any named character in this thread (besides pacman) and he's never been in a Nintendo crossover. Also let's not forget that smash is a second party developed game. Idk how that matters here but I always like to point that out. Lol

:phone:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Captain N doesn't count, as that was a series. Remember Sakurai's rule of origins in games, otherwise Ash and Captain N could be considered.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
It really wasn't, though at least it ended up giving us Captain SNES.
i love rewatching the series and laughing at how incredibly awful it was. sure it wasnt really a good show but it was one of those so bad it was kinda good shows. to me at least.

@SSBCandidates, the thread just asks who has met who and how. it doesnt specifically say the way they met had to be in a video game. it still counts as a crossover

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just going to throw out that Persona is planned to be put on the 3DS.

Not sure if it's a spin off title like Arena or a new true sequel.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HAL Laboratories technically was a 2nd party, but I'm pretty sure they're 1st party now.

Also, Smash is entirely owned by Nintendo, and Brawl was primarily developed by one 1st party company, 1 2nd party company, and 2 3rd party companies.

Lastly, fun fact: Capcom has made some Nintendo games before, specifically some of the handheld Zelda games.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
So Snake and Samus walk into a bar, get hammered, bring the party over to lon lon ranch and initiate a drunken rumble amongst the cattle.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not sure if this counts but Little Mac has met real life boxers in Fight Night Round 2.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Actually, this is a weird case. Originally Banjo and Conker (who was not yet in his Bad Fur Day form) were in production for their own games (in fact, I seem to vaguely remember that Banjo-Kazooie was supposed to come out before DKR, but got delayed), they were only put in Diddy Kong Racing as little previews of what was coming in the future. Similar to how Roy debuted in SSB.
It gets even worse...There's a turtle named Tiptup in DKR and DKR DS. Sounds harmless right? Unfortunately that turtle appears in Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and most likely Nuts n Bolts. This wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't in DKR DS. Rare removed Banjo and Conker from the remake yet left a minor character from the as of now 1st party Microsoft series in the remake.
Banjo and Tiptup are friends, and since that turtle's still in,

Diddy knows Tiptup who knows Banjo.

And since Sonic's sneaker is in DKC2, that would mean Diddy knows Sonic. Since Banjo and Kazooie are in Sonic and Sega All-Stars, that means Sonic knows Banjo. Diddy knows Sonic who knows Banjo and Kazooie who knows Tiptup who knows Diddy. Iiiiiinterestiiiiing....

:phone:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
You know what? There might be TONS of secret crossovers we don't know but we canb only guess.
I give you an example: We don't know exactly who is the father of Cream The Rabbit, and we don't know who is the mother of Bowser Junior. But we know Vanilla, Cream's mother, is actually married to Vector The Crocodile, which tell us she doesn't dislike big reptiles. So what if Cream The Rabbit and Bowser Junior, despite looking so different, are actually twin sibils born from a offspring between Bowser and Vanilla? What if the whole Mario and Sonic Olympic Games were organized by the Bowser just to give them two an excuse to meet again?
And all this is just one example.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
@3Bismyname

Yes I am being especific. Following the same rules as Sakurai, in that it doesn't count if they have met outisde of videogames (cartoons and such don't count), real people and weird theories about characters being related to others despite the differences in universes.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
@3Bismyname

Yes I am being especific. Following the same rules as Sakurai, in that it doesn't count if they have met outisde of videogames (cartoons and such don't count), real people and weird theories about characters being related to others despite the differences in universes.
then put that in the header. u asked who has met who and how. technically Captain N is a crossover series. yes its not a video game but its a crossover series for video game characters. if u wanna be that specific than edit the forumn and say that the crossovers can only appear in games. otherwise anything goes :)

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Technically it is a crossover series, but as you said; it is a series, not an actual videogame. And we know for Sakurai videogames only count. Yes I will place it in the header, but it really is clear.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
well yes now its clear. but like i said, if you arent specific than anything goes :happysheep:(doesnt mean anything but its cute as hell so i had to use it lol)

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
nvmd i forgot that this is a nintendo meets third party thread. Captain Rainbow is just Nintendo characters so yeah nvmd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom