• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crossup Aerials

Valkyrie8492

Smash Rookie
Hi again. So I'm having trouble with how to deal with someone who just does a crossup aerial and I get stuck in my shield. Wavedash oos just seems to reset the situation and nair oos doesn't seem to hit often enough to warrant it since I'm apparently out of range for it to work. I don't like rolling and I feel like there are better ways to deal with it.

I especially seem to struggle with it against Marth players who do something like a crossup nair and turn around grab/dash attack/whatever because the range on it is just ridiculous. Can I space myself better or is there a way to stuff it? Any advice helps...

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
A good way i stuff fox drill shining into run through my shield turn around dash grab is Wavedash out of shield and forward tilt behind you, because usually if theyre going to dash in and try to go for a grab after the cross up it will beat them. It should work for badly spaced crossups as well as long as theyre still going for that turn around dash in tactic
if they dash attack just shield grab that scrub
Nair out of shield also works pretty well against certain characters crossups on shield, just make sure you only use nair if theyre in close enough range for the back of the hitbox to actually hit them, and that youre fading away from them when you do it, otherwise its not that safe

Jmook11

Smash Apprentice
A good way i stuff fox drill shining into run through my shield turn around dash grab is Wavedash out of shield and forward tilt behind you, because usually if theyre going to dash in and try to go for a grab after the cross up it will beat them. It should work for badly spaced crossups as well as long as theyre still going for that turn around dash in tactic
if they dash attack just shield grab that scrub
Nair out of shield also works pretty well against certain characters crossups on shield, just make sure you only use nair if theyre in close enough range for the back of the hitbox to actually hit them, and that youre fading away from them when you do it, otherwise its not that safe
Perfect!

Scroll

Smash Ace
Depending on how well they can space those cross ups you can try a Bair OoS. Else there is no harm in doing WD OoS and resetting to neutral. You don't have to capitalize off of everything.
But I agree with Glitched. WD OoS Ftilt should stuff grab attempts or DA.
Don't do that every time though since if they read it they can just cross up, wait for your Ftilt and punish accordingly. So try and mixup your WD direction (towards them, in place or away) before the ftilt, if you suspect they got the read.

Last edited:
Top Bottom