• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crouch Avoid List

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
I have a recording set. I can do it tonight or tommroow if yall'd like a video of it. Just let me know ok?
i know ur probably really busy, but i'm sad this isn't up yet. no rush though! =) as long as it's still coming/wasn't forgotten, i don't really care. life > brawl.

...sometimes. lol.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
This info is very helpful:)
In some situations would crouching be a better option that using shield?
Yesz!

There are a lot of situations. For instance, if you're about to get Warlock Punched, sheilding will probably set you up for some major ****. Also, at the beginning of the match vs Fox/Falco, they're almost guaranteed to start off with a laser, and sheilding those isn't a great idea. It's better to just duck under it.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I've really added crouching you my play style. Basically anytime I'm not moving, I crouch.

A lot of people I play say things like "it's really frustrating because Kirby's already hard enough to hit because it's small" or "I can't hit him & when I miss an attack I get tripped by d-tilt"

It's kinda hard to describe, but it makes sense if you see it.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I didn't know you could escape Luigi's up-B with crouch. A Forward smash would soon follow anyway.
Most pro Luigi mains usually do one jab, then a Up-B to finish it. And that one jab cancels our crouch. ♥

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
Most pro Luigi mains usually do one jab, then a Up-B to finish it. And that one jab cancels our crouch. ♥
Dammit! Just when I thought I can confuse casual Luigi players to hell. I guess there casual so they won't notice the jab than. Ah well, I guess I can't use this competitively

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
You should also add Kirby's landing animation, I think he goes lower than a crouch, it's so hard to hit him when he lands. that's why I think jumping towards someone and airdodging works so well with Kirby because when you land you'll be extremely hard to hit.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
kirby's shrink crouch can avoid warios bike if wario is doing a wheelie
I think even if he didn't crouch while Wario's doing the wheelie, he would avoid it... I haven't tested it yet but it miss Olimar and Ice Climbers when I played as them.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Oh wow, is the list in the OP even finished? It doesn't look complete. Should we also add shorthop aerials to this list too, like Ganon's shdair? Should we revive this thread and update it? I would be willing to help.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
An update to this thread would be a great idea.

And, btw, I've taken a liking to crouching under Falco's Shine. XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I want to add that you can crouch under Lucario's SH Fair, Nair (rising and descending), sideB, and grab if I remember correctly.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh wow, is the list in the OP even finished? It doesn't look complete. Should we also add shorthop aerials to this list too, like Ganon's shdair? Should we revive this thread and update it? I would be willing to help.
Since the OP hasn't been updated... at all, you mind as well. Also the OP hasn't been active in a while, good reason to start another thread.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Or that. =P

RRR or t1mmy, (or both), which one will take this thread?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I actually can't update it without stealing Krii's posts, meaning like a total of 6-ish times?

It is. Actually, I think I could maybe do it. Let me try...

Edit: There ya go Triple R.

Triple R

Smash Lord
oh wow, fromundaman is all powerful now lol

i'll start working on this soon. I kinda want to start by adding aerials to it, but i'm not sure how to keep it organized. Maybe I could just start with characters' short hop autocancelable moves?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, I am pretty awesome.

Wouldn't it be easier to organize it by character?

Triple R

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll update later tonight. I tested Marth's grab and most of Mario's attacks.

As for Marth's grab, there seems to be 3 spots of interest. When you are against him he will always grab you. When you are the tip of the grab range, he will always miss. And then in the middle there is a point where he will miss you unless you are crouch taunting.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
HEY!!!! Sry i kind of left the forums a year ago and never really came back, i saw the flood of emails in my old email account!!!!!!!! I could update the OP i am just so confused right now, but Ill help any way i can!!!

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I'm not sure how many aerials you guys have tested, but I know that Ganondorf can't hit with N-Air, F-Air (Unless really oddly timed), D-Air (Unless oddly timed), B-Air, and U-Air (unless Kirby is behind him and it's timed properly).

Also, Captain Falcon cannot standing grab Kirby, and cannot sweet spot a knee while he is crouching. Hope this helps a little!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm not sure how many aerials you guys have tested, but I know that Ganondorf can't hit with N-Air, F-Air (Unless really oddly timed), D-Air (Unless oddly timed), B-Air, and U-Air (unless Kirby is behind him and it's timed properly).

Also, Captain Falcon cannot standing grab Kirby, and cannot sweet spot a knee while he is crouching. Hope this helps a little!
Fair can hit. It's not oddly timed, it's FFing it after the hitbox comes out makes the hitbox last until you hit the ground.
It's actually how you SHOULD fair considering he has the same landing animation when he does it the previously described way and when he does it in the air, only in one case there's a hitbox and in the other you just get the lag.

Top Bottom